• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
/warp Hellkour! $100k prize! (NOT CLICKBAIT) (100% REAL) (ALMOST DIED!)
EDIT: CONGRATS TO BEKILO FOR WINNING AND CLAIMING THE $100,000 PRIZE!
PLEASE READ THE NEW POST THX

After hours upon hours upon HOURS of suffering through the infamous /warp PortalParkour I thought to myself, Hey... what would it feel like if I caused people an equal amount of soul-shattering pain?

So I did just that (with a bit of decorative help. I'm a monster, not an artist).

Introducing, /warp Hellkour (or /warp Hellcour for those of you who like to spell things fancy

Filled with:

NEOS
[Image: qEU5eB6.png?2]
MAGMA BLOCKS
[Image: i5mYpPc.png]
DOUBLE JUMPS WITH FIRE
[Image: 1CLSJAS.png]
SOULSAND
[Image: 01Yrpji.png]
and... to top it all off - a mind shatteringly tall final level!
[Image: 15Zc11A.png]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What... you thought that was it?
No... as a reward to the first person who is able to complete this cataclysmic catastrophe...
$100k
Yep.. you heard (read?) me right. 100 THOUSAND smackeroo's.
[Image: HBN8SdP.png]

Few ground rules:
1.) Please, don't cheat. If I catch you cheating, you'll be banned from the warp until the contest is over (once it's over I don't really care). If you catch someone cheating, please do let me know. This includes potions (not including regen or fire res, those are fine), soul speed, beacon effects, fly, scaling the walls, etc. ANY ADDON THAT ALTERS THE WAY THAT YOU MOVE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING
2.) Keep your anger and frustrations in either /party or PMs. I'm happy to accept your rage, just keep the "AHHHHHH I HATE THIS" out of global. Thx
3.) Don't use your soul speed boots. I get that it's a game mechanic, but the parkour was meant to be completed without the use of any addons
4.) Just don't be a dick. I'm not going to overly specify this rule, but chances are if you have to ask yourself "Is this being a dick?" It probably is.
5.) My word is final. Please don't argue with me about rules concerning the parkour. If I ask you not to do something, chances are I have a reason for it. Thanks

SIDE NOTE: ALL JUMPS ARE POSSIBLE AND HAVE BEEN COMPLETED BY BOTH MYSELF AND ANOTHER PLAYER. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. THX

Good luck to all! I'll be updating this post once someone completes it.

~ Nether <3
OH YEAH ALSO THE AREA IS IN A WORLDGUARD BOX. DYING WILL NOT CAUSE YOU TO LOSE LEVELS/ITEMS, BUT I WILL NOT BE TPING YOU BACK UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE TO ME YOU WERE ACTUALLY THERE

uh oh
[Image: attachment.php?aid=658]

damn, bit late for the prize but I GOTTA try this
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Okie dokie, here's the latest:

I've seen a lot of chatter asking about the parkour, and about whether or not it was completed/the prize claimed. To put not-so-simple: yes and no.
To elaborate: yes, the parkour was completed and the prize was claimed. However, due to a series of unfortunate events, the prize is no longer claimed and is back in my possession. 

This being said, there are a few new ground rules/restrictions. Apologies in advance to those who fall under these who were playing fairly, but it is in the best interest of both myself, the staff who have to deal with this, and the other competitors that these be put into place:

1. You must be Member+ to win. VIP status does not matter, and will not be taken into consideration. If you are under Experienced rank and win, the prize will not be distributed to you. 
2. There will be a holding time of 120 hours (5 days) after the winner is announced. This applies to whoever the winner is, regardless of rank. I have my reasons for this and will not negotiate this. 120 hours after you win, I will mail you the details on how to claim the prize.

Now, to reiterate the rules. Please read these before asking me questions like "Is this jump possible???????" or "can we use potion effects?"
1. No cheating. Those caught cheating at all will be disqualified from the contest. Period. I don't care if you want to restart and not cheat. You're more than welcome to do so, you just won't be able to get the prize. 
1a. Potions. Fire res and regen are allowed. Nothing else. Period. Same with beacon effects. 
1b. Soulspeed boots are not allowed, along with anything that alters the way that you move (soulspeed, speed, jump boost, etc.)
2. Don't be a nuisance. Wait for your turn on jumps. Don't bodyblock or push other players. 
3. Don't rage in chat. Use PM's or /party
4. Please please please please please stop asking me if the jumps are possible. They are. Each and every single one of them. 
5. After the second level you will see trapdoors/doors. Click them, but not excessively. You only need to click it once. Anything else makes it annoying for me when I'm validating your win. Failing to click ALL of the doors/trapdoors that you are able to will result in an invalid win. I realize that some trapdoors are locked. This is for a reason, it means they're part of the jump or just simply not meant to be clicked. You don't need to tell me that they're locked. I know

I wish everyone the best of luck once more. If you see anyone breaking the rules please either PM me or in the case that i’m offline/afk, mail me.

As a number of people are trying the parkour, maybe enter all the players who finish the course into a prize draw for the money.

This would give you time to do checks, extend the life of the map and give both the casual and full time player an equal chance.

(01-29-2021, 10:21 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: 2. There will be a holding time of 120 hours (5 days) after the winner is announced. This applies to whoever the winner is, regardless of rank. I have my reasons for this and will not negotiate this. 120 hours after you win, I will mail you the details on how to claim the prize.
(01-29-2021, 06:38 PM)TheDutyPaid Wrote: maybe enter all the players who finish the course into a prize draw for the money.

I'll be adopting this suggestion to an extent. During the 5 days holding time, other players are more than welcome to win. In the case that we have more than one winner, the prize will be split (60/40, since the person who completed it first will naturally get more of a prize). In the case of more than 2 winners, the percentage will be altered to my liking.

Side note: I have the final say on all of the rules. What I say goes.