• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Tailcoatknight (Formerly Knight4673)

Reason for your ban: Xraying

Who banned you: Rowebot

Why should you be unbanned: I've been banned for almost 5 years, I'm not sure if you have a policy when it comes to ban times but I have noticed in other threads that sufficient time served result in possible unbanned. I no longer have installed any sort of xray client or resource pack.

Why do you want to come back: Want to revisit the server and see how it has changed. 

You joined our oldest server May 27, 2016.
I banned you for theft May 31, 2016.
You appealed and I unbanned you June 6, 2016.
Another staff and I noticed some grief/theft by 3 players (different times) at that staff's home and I took charge of investigating you, July 2, 2016.
Later that day, a server mod pinged staff saying you had too many diamond breaks too fast -- check for cheating.
Yes, you were x-raying, and I banned you for it.

Why should I trust you again?  How have you changed since then?

PS. a month later we were forced to reset the server worlds due to the server disk filling up and corrupting the world files.  A few years later, we reset again since so much new stuff had been added to the game and the players voted to reset.
/Rowebot

Hello Rowebot,

As parallel with how life goes, ever since my ban from almost five years ago I would like to say I have matured as compared to how I was in the past. From being banned from your server I had joined other server communities and have contributed very much to being a active/rule abiding player whilst being part of those. While afterwards to say I haven't run into problems on other servers would be a lie. I have learned to play legitimately and have still contributed to those communities by revealing exploits to staff members to allow them to patch them without alerting other players about them, even sometimes providing solutions to the problems.

While words alone cannot convey a simple undoing of what seems to be a version of life banishment, I would ask for what more could an individual, such as myself, do in light of committing so many rule breakings on top of simply abiding by the rules if unbanning were to occur.

Thank you,

-Tailcoatknight

Ok. I did a little googling to discover a few breadcrumbs of info. Your age in particular as of 2016 verses today matches the chat & pm interactions I had with you in 2016 verses your above mature response.

I am willing to trust you one last time to follow our rules and become a valued member of the hometown community.

Please learn from the tutorial and read the rules (/rules or warp rules).

You are unbanned. If you still cannot get back on, there may be an IP ban; if so, tell me here and I will fix it.

Welcome back to Hometown!
/Rowebot

Thank you!