• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BottledEXP Plugin
Great suggestion! I would agree and contribute to the addition of /withdraw, where you would store money in banknotes. But for the EXP bottles... eh.

You see, the best thing that I have noticed about this server is the fact that they try to be as vanilla as possible; as clean as possible from plugins.

I said yes to the banknotes idea, because... obviously... economy doesn't exist in vanilla Minecraft, so adding an additional plugin on top of an existing plugin doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Although bottling exp doesn't seem like a bad idea! Especially to people who reach the 50s and 100 levels... but... having the ability to /bottle exp would just be cheating death. If we had the ability to /bottle our exp, why don't we have Keep Inventory? Same situation. Even though it is frustrating to lose everything when dying, that is pretty much the essential ingredient for playing vanilla Minecraft. Death is a part of the fun because you get to think about strategies to overcome frustration, coming up with questions like:
"How can I reclaim my [God Gear/EXP] asap after I witness a sudden death?" Answers to that would be:
Build an EXP Bank (with furnaces) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29p8J0Y-qN4 This is just an example).
Build a mob farm.
Build a villager room. Trading Hall.
Prepare several sets of god armour.
I'm sure there are several more, but these are just examples of the multiple ways of overcoming death in Minecraft.
"You are way less than what you could be. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today"

Messages In This Thread
BottledEXP Plugin - by Zekrom@guyanesebossman - 04-14-2021, 01:00 AM
RE: BottledEXP Plugin - by HqppyFeet - 04-14-2021, 03:29 AM
RE: BottledEXP Plugin - by Zekrom@guyanesebossman - 04-14-2021, 10:32 AM
RE: BottledEXP Plugin - by Bush - 04-14-2021, 11:16 AM
RE: BottledEXP Plugin - by Cil - 04-14-2021, 11:10 PM
RE: BottledEXP Plugin - by TheDutyPaid - 04-14-2021, 11:26 PM