• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The beggars map
It would be nice to actually see some survival play on this map...all day every day its can i get this can i get that...does anyone actually play the game or just want to play in creative by using everyone else to get materials....its pointless trying to have shops when you can just beg for everything and get it....that'sts why there is no economy on here (or should i say failed economy)  just hording and giving for free... Don't get me wrong there are some that play survival and are respected for it ..But not many.

People ask me all the time "how did you make your money?" My go to answer is "mining and selling" but it's also not spending.

I have completed large scale projects 99% of which I have mined sand, smelted and placed myself, the same goes for the other materials.
Artwork is probably my main expense (I would love a copy of your artwork at D_X)

Maybe the survival in this server is closer to real life, if I needed glass for my window irl I would have to buy it. Just can't go down the the beach get sand and melt it in my oven. Reminds me of the old meme "give the controller here, you're playing it wrong" this server offers a balance of rewarding gameplay but also enjoyable. Like we could have full PvP and base raiding but while some would find this fun, Hometown offers the more relaxed atmosphere.

As long as players follow the rules, how they wish to play is fully up to them.

i was under the understanding that begging in chat was not allowed? i could be wrong

(04-21-2021, 03:55 PM)Dark_Archer_ Wrote: i was under the understanding that begging in chat was not allowed? i could be wrong

Yesterday a player was asking for 39 leather in chat, which I gave to them free, but they had also bought a good number of item frames from me just before. So like a buyer's bonus.

Players in my view are free to ask for anything "anyone got cobble?" Now if everyone said no but they kept asking, that's where the begging part is not allowed.

(04-21-2021, 04:18 PM)TheDutyPaid Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 03:55 PM)Dark_Archer_ Wrote: i was under the understanding that begging in chat was not allowed? i could be wrong

Yesterday a player was asking for 39 leather in chat, which I gave to them free, but they had also bought a good number of item frames from me just before. So like a buyer's bonus.

Players in my view are free to ask for anything "anyone got cobble?" Now if everyone said no but they kept asking, that's where the begging part is not allowed.

it was a 20 in chat of wanting the frames and then it went to asking for 3 stacks of sticks...

Sometimes people get excited by the idea of being able to help.