Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theft/Lying admit. Looper ban appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Survival

Minecraft name: SuperLooper5000

Reason for your ban: Theft/Lying

Who banned you: Nether_ruler

Why should you be unbanned: Fine, I admit I took 3 stacks of iron, a beacon and 4 stacks of concrete from the chest.

I was really curious what was inside so I opened it and it worked. So I saw everything and thought that I could expand my house so I took the concrete and started building then I saw that there was a beacon in the chest so I took it and then took some iron blocks to make one of those pillar things I don’t know what they are called but anyways I went back to my house and placed them and started it. I did it because I was really happy that I whould be able to come back. It was very stupid of me lying and stealing from chests. I admit that I took stuff and lied.

I was also not lying. I voted almost the same time as I found the beacon so I got some stuff from the lottery. After that I found the stuff or I may have closed the game for a while but I could not remember where I got the beacon at the first few questions you asked. Then I remembered that I got it from the chest. 

However tho I admit to taking the stuff from the chest. If I get another chance I will break the concrete and the iron. Then I will put it back into the chest with a sign saying “sorry for taking your stuff”. Hope I get another chance even tho I’ve got one before.
I didn’t know.   Sorry.

Why do you want to come back: As I said before I really like the community and I was about to start building my house more. This time I won’t take it from anyone’s chest. Even if it’s unlocked. I just wish I can come back so we can forget about this and be friends instead. 
              // Looper

(05-12-2021, 11:30 PM)SuperLooper5000 Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Survival

Minecraft name: SuperLooper5000

Reason for your ban: Theft/Lying

Who banned you: Nether_ruler

Why should you be unbanned: Fine, I admit I took 3 stacks of iron, a beacon and 4 stacks of concrete from the chest.

I was really curious what was inside so I opened it and it worked. So I saw everything and thought that I could expand my house so I took the concrete and started building then I saw that there was a beacon in the chest so I took it and then took some iron blocks to make one of those pillar things I don’t know what they are called but anyways I went back to my house and placed them and started it. I did it because I was really happy that I whould be able to come back. It was very stupid of me lying and stealing from chests. I admit that I took stuff and lied.

I was also not lying. I voted almost the same time as I found the beacon so I got some stuff from the lottery. After that I found the stuff or I may have closed the game for a while but I could not remember where I got the beacon at the first few questions you asked. Then I remembered that I got it from the chest. 

However tho I admit to taking the stuff from the chest. If I get another chance I will break the concrete and the iron. Then I will put it back into the chest with a sign saying “sorry for taking your stuff”. Hope I get another chance even tho I’ve got one before.
I didn’t know.   Sorry.

Why do you want to come back: As I said before I really like the community and I was about to start building my house more. This time I won’t take it from anyone’s chest. Even if it’s unlocked. I just wish I can come back so we can forget about this and be friends instead. 
              // Looper

It was 5 concrete, a beacon, and 4 iron.
[Image: OAOt0pQ.png]f
Regardless, you were mostly correct, so moving on:

This here is the exact wrong type of thinking. The very first thing you see when you join HomeTown for the first time is this:
[Image: OtwpJug.png]
Rule #5 on the very first board, "Do not grief (modify) other people's builds without permission." A chest being unlocked does not give the indication that it is free to take. Maybe other people were working on the build, and the owner simply unlocked it out of simplicity. Unless there is a sign or implication that it is free to take, it isn't. The same goes for houses: just because a house isn't claimed, does that mean it's free for the taking? The idea behind the lock system (and the claiming system) is an additional measure to prevent theft, but it does not mean that anything that isn't protected is inherently free.

This point is a bit funny, isn't it? You were unbanned for under 3 hours before you stole from the chests. It's a little concerning to me that one of the very first things you decided to do upon your return was to steal and then waste time lying about it. I gave you more than ample time to be upfront with me, and even other staff members who were online at the time were commenting about the amount of lenience and patience I was giving you. It's all too similar to the first time you were banned, which was partially for the exact same thing: a disrespect towards staff.  

Entirely incorrect. You were lying to me, end of the debate. You told me several different stories as to where you got the beacon and the iron. First, you told me that you got it from the slots, then that you got it from some unnamed guy, and then finally admitted to me that you got it from the chest after about a half-hour of me grilling you in softmute. Even if it did slip your mind that you got it from the chest, which I still don't believe, how could you make up that you got it from some other person? That seems all too coincidental that you forgot it in the 3 hours between you stealing and me confronting you. 
---------------------------
[11:09:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Regular] SuperLooper5000 >> Im just saying that i got iron from a guy
[11:19:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Regular] SuperLooper5000 >> Ok first of all i got the beacon from a lottery thing and the iron from a guy
[11:35:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Regular] SuperLooper5000 >> NO I LITERALLY GOT THEM BY A GUY
--------------------
You seemed pretty adamant over the course of the half-hour or so that I was talking to you that you got all your iron from 'a guy,' and the beacon from the slots. 

Towards the end of the exchange, you seemed more apologetic towards the fact I caught you, and not towards what you actually did. Aside from this, you also teleported to another player and started mining their concrete without asking for permission from them first. 

You put text into the "Why should you be unbanned" portion, but all you conveyed was a story of what you did. I already know what you did. "Why should you be unbanned" does not mean "Why did you do what you did," it means "Why should I let you back?" The question is there for you to convince me. I'd like a better response to that before I consider your appeal.

So you’re asking why?

I did it because it was unlocked and it seemed like it was free because it’s a warp. But now I understand that everything in a chest even if it’s unlocked isn’t free.

I didn’t have much else to do. My idea came directly when i saw the concrete. The iron I actually don’t know. Kinda stupid of me because if there whould have been staff on I whould surely ask if i chould take it and if it’s a free chest.

I got that idea because I wanted to increase my house and make it even better.

But now I really feel bad for the person that I took it from and now I understand that it was his/her stuff. I totally regret my decision and I’m entirely sorry. I won’t take from anyone’s chest again.

Well I hope this is a good reason why I should be unbanned and why I did it. 

I can take it back just if I get another chance. Please.

Thanks for reading.

This was a considerably better response, thank you. After further consideration, I've decided that I'd like you to answer a few more questions for me before I grant your unbanning. I'd like more than just a few words for each question.

1. Why is it not allowed to take from other people's chests?
2. How does stealing affect other players?
3. When confronted by a staff member about stolen items, what is the best policy to follow?
4. What have you learned from this experience?
5. Why should I trust that you won't do something similar to this again? What have you learned from this experience that will prevent you from doing so?

1. Why is it not allowed to take from other people's chests? Because it’s theirs and it’s their own mined or wherever they got it from and they may not want to share it because they may need to use it for other things. Then if someone steals it they can’t build or do whatever they wanted to do with it.

2. How does stealing affect other players? They chould have worked really hard to get those stuff and when it’s gone they can’t do anything they wanted to do with those materials that got stolen. They may also get mad. It’s not fun to be mad the whole day because someone stole it.

3. When confronted by a staff member about stolen items, what is the best policy to follow? Be polite, Don’t argue, Don’t lie and show respect to the player that you stole from and the staff.

4. What have you learned from this experience? I have learned that stealing and lying is not nice and not going to end up well. I have also learned that I’m not allowed to steal other peoples stuff even if the chest or item is unprotected.

5. Why should I trust that you won't do something similar to this again? What have you learned from this experience that will prevent you from doing so? I have 100% learned that it’s not good to steal on the server and I will never ever repeat it. I have learnt that if I do so I will probably get banned and will instantly regret my decision so I whould not do it again. I feel very bad.

Sorry for everything. Will not be repeated and I will now on be a good member if I get unbanned. Thank you!

Hi I edited this because there is some random link just wanted to let you know that that’s not a part of my appeal. I don’t think you should click it. I don’t know what it is.
[url=https://hometownmc.com/forums/private.php?action=send&uid=278][/url]

Your responses were up to bar, so I'm deciding to give you another chance. Let it be known that this is your final one. The next ban, should you catch one, will be permanent. Furthermore, you’ll need to return the stolen items to a staff member when you come online. 

Welcome back to HomeTown.