• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make Money on hometown
When it comes to the economics here on the server I have found a majority of players to be broke or trying to find a way to make money. When it come to making money it takes some ideas and works. I am a experienced player who has made a lot of money off my building business and everyday at least 10 to 20 people ask about how to make money on the server . this thread is a guide to doing that exact thing . How to make money?

Well on of the most classic ways of making money on the server is by opening a shop with a catchy shop name and warp it may cost well over 150$ to truly set up when it comes to resources but it is not bad to have one many players like meathead and others have made large amounts of money of shops like those if you decide to doo something like this make sure the shop is nice and welcoming and not some shabby shack, make sure that there are material options, and at the same time make sure the prices are reasonable I my self have been held in times where I have been scammed out of large amounts of money and the player would not give back the cash I requested. and When it comes to running a shop make sure people can sell materials back to you but if they did not mean to buy the item  give them a refund.

Now a second way to make money on the server is by making a town. Towns are by far one of the most classic and easiest ways of making money on the server which I have done in the past several times. Now the rules to it and they are not actual server rules but Basie bounders to getting a lot of people to come is by :1 make sure where you are is nice and is livable and not a crappy biome, at the same time make sure the housing actually looks livable now companies like my self and BC we are able to build housing for towns for one price which allows you to make a profited off these houses by selling them to people after we are played. and finally when it comes to running and owning towns make sure the housing is not overpriced people yes are very venerable when looking for a town to start in but it does not give you a right to latterly overprice a crappy little shack for 100$ when the house is worth 2.

Now the third way to make money on the server is to offer a service based business like bulk resource collecting , breeding, or building. I have become popular and well known for my building skills and my building business /warp BC over time because we do high quality and low costing building for people all over the server. the rules behind that are similar to the town basics and the shop basics they are not rules you have to follow but it is suggested for a long term result of business. with building companies actually make sure you can build not stupid shacks that don't do shit for people or something much worse, and don't copy builds it is good to do it when you first start but at least put your own personal touch so it looks completely different compared to the picture or the video that may be provided on this internet .

Now guys remember this is not a real rule or rules that are sent by the server they are just basic morals sent out by a business person on the server these are just the basic rules to running a good business town or shop you always want to remember to have your own touch on things to make it different from other people so that way more people will come to you for this server or place to live

How did you forget the most common way to make money?

*cough cough* /vote

You get $20 a day

Yes one of the best ways to make EASY money is by voting and it's $25 per day. So if you were to add it up for a year. That would be 7 x $25 = $175 per week x 52 weeks in a year = around $9100. That's not even counting the bonus you could get if you were the highest voter of the month, you'll get $1200 for that month. If you won 12 months in a row that would be $14400, crazy easy money for pretty much no more than 5 mins of work per day. You'll also get auto ranked up in the meantime.

Currently i have $43k and another 5-10k in resources & farms. I have been playing over 2 years now. I can tell you the best ways to make money.

1. Buying & Selling. It's simple, you buy at a lower price then sell for a little higher. Of course you'll need to also have a good store. You can achive this by having a nice looking store along with fairly cheap prices for good quantity and always keeping the store fairly well stocked. Remember though, the more items you sell the harder it is to stock and believe me it soon gets boring quickly, so it's best that you find a middle ground between how much time you want to spend restrocking and how many items you sell in your store.

It is also smart if you allow players to sell items to you directly, this is done by having a Buy and Sell on the same sign/chest. As an example, your selling diamonds on the same sign/chest at B 1.50 : S 1.00. This will help you keep stock levels up while making a decent profit. It soon adds up over time and the KEY to buying and selling is not getting greedy. Be fair to players selling to you. If they like your store they will most likely come back and in some cases might even suggest your store to other players.

You don't always have to buy your stock to resell it, but it no doubt helps. If you have the time, then you can pretty much get all your own stock by getting it yourself. This means bigger profits but way more work. Again, it's best you find the middle ground that fits you, by buying some stock and getting other stock yourself.

Word to the wise, don't be too aggressive in buying out others. Some players don't mind it, others do and will ban you from their store. For me, i might buy a few stacks now and then from other stores, but it's generally best to get along with your store rivals.

To get your store more known, post an ad for your store in chat every 10-30+ mins. Don't post it too much if the same players are online, some players don't like spam (posting every 5+ mins to avoid the spam rule) so it's best to take a relaxed approach i find.

Lastly REMEMBER to research prices before you make your store. This is very important, as too high and players will come once and never show again. Check out other stores to get an idea of price ranges per item. And it always helps to be friendly to players buying and selling from you. If someone needs help or made an error, refund them if needed and help them with their issue.

2. Farms. Another great way to is sell access to farms, such as iron,gold, guardian, spider, zombie, skeleton, food, pigs, cows, slime, witch, enderman, pretty much there is farms for mostly every mob. The more common mobs should be fairly cheap with rarer mobs a little higher in price. There is however a lot of work needed as you need to build the farms first, but none the less it's another great way to make money if that is your main goal and you have the time and willing to put in the effort for it.

3. Enchantments / Horses. You can make a steady income from these as well, though sometimes needs a lot of work. Keep prices reasonable and you should be fine.

(04-11-2016, 09:29 PM)Thorsassin Wrote: "You don't always have to buy your stock to resell it, but it no doubt helps. If you have the time, then you can pretty much get all your own stock by getting it yourself. This means bigger profits but way more work. Again, it's best you find the middle ground that fits you, by buying some stock and getting other stock yourself.

Word to the wise, don't be too aggressive in buying out others. Some players don't mind it, others do and will ban you from their store. For me, i might buy a few stacks now and then from other stores, but it's generally best to get along with your store rivals."

Thor the making generator teaching us how to make money " Mom bring me my note book!!! NOW! "

Thanks thor this is very detailed thank you for all the advice.

I hope this helps the new players and the old to keep them growing and entertained!

And for Owner with lots of cash resource ..... Sentence 5 and 6 are gold... its not bad to buy and restock.... its bad when u buy someone out to do so tho...
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

Thanks Smile=

(04-12-2016, 11:58 PM)Thorsassin Wrote: Thanks Smile=
Put your snake tongue back in yo mouth. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

But what I am going to say is something much more important people when they first start out will spend their 100$ normally that is how it works and when it comes to playing on the severer you are spending a lot of the money on resources that are not near you housing and other things. This forum was made for alternatives besides just living off the voting . A way to make more money and be integrated with the server

(04-13-2016, 01:31 AM)vilneas Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 11:58 PM)Thorsassin Wrote: Thanks Smile=
Put your snake tongue back in yo mouth. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Haha, typo but too lazy to fix Smile