• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server Banned On: SMP

Minecraft Name: Byrnndi_

Reason for Ban: X-ray. Banned by Nether_Ruler. Zero-tolerance Policy! Appeal your ban at http://www.hometownmc.com/forums... it better be good.

Who banned you: Nether_Ruler

Why you should be unbanned:
Hello, 
I have 2 reasons why I believe I should be unbanned.
  • The 1st reason is that my computer (a macbook) can't run any mods on it (even performance enhancing ones such at Optifine) since Apple decided to not allow Java to be downloadable on basically any Macbook. If there is a way to do it though, please let me know. I'd really like to get Optifine as I'm told it enhances your gameplay.
  • The 2nd reason is that I have a new roommate and he tends to go in my room when I'm away in class or at work and touch my stuff. The other day, I left my laptop open with notes to remind me to finish them. When I came back, my email was open and had shown that my minecraft account's password had been changed. Turns out my roommate had changed the password and started playing on his computer with my account. It looks like he took the ip to this server too (as it's the only one I play on) and wanted to mess around. I was and am still beyond pissed. I have since reported him to my RA and they're seeing about either moving me or him out and having someone else move-in (basically roommate swap). I have updated my password to a nice, long 30+ character one.

Why do you want to come back?: 
I'd like to come back to the server as it's the only good server I've been able to find in quite a while. The community is really nice and it allows me to escape the tiring college/work life. I guess it's one of my few forms of relaxation. I like the server so much that I was thinking of donating to it pretty soon. I used to play on it a long time ago too. Not sure if under the username of Byrnndi_ or Hammerhead426 (my old account that was hacked).

Hope you see this soon and if you decide to not appeal, I understand. X-raying is a cheap way of getting rich fast. There's not honor behind it, ya know? Like no actual reward for all of the hard work that you do.

Byrnndi_ Wrote:Server Banned On: SMP

Minecraft Name: Byrnndi_

Reason for Ban: X-ray. Banned by Nether_Ruler. Zero-tolerance Policy! Appeal your ban at http://www.hometownmc.com/forums... it better be good.

Who banned you: Nether_Ruler

Why you should be unbanned:
Hello,
I have 2 reasons why I believe I should be unbanned.
The 1st reason is that my computer (a macbook) can't run any mods on it (even performance enhancing ones such at Optifine) since Apple decided to not allow Java to be downloadable on basically any Macbook. If there is a way to do it though, please let me know. I'd really like to get Optifine as I'm told it enhances your gameplay.

The 2nd reason is that I have a new roommate and he tends to go in my room when I'm away in class or at work and touch my stuff. The other day, I left my laptop open with notes to remind me to finish them. When I came back, my email was open and had shown that my minecraft account's password had been changed. Turns out my roommate had changed the password and started playing on his computer with my account. It looks like he took the ip to this server too (as it's the only one I play on) and wanted to mess around. I was and am still beyond pissed. I have since reported him to my RA and they're seeing about either moving me or him out and having someone else move-in (basically roommate swap). I have updated my password to a nice, long 30+ character one.

Why do you want to come back?:
I'd like to come back to the server as it's the only good server I've been able to find in quite a while. The community is really nice and it allows me to escape the tiring college/work life. I guess it's one of my few forms of relaxation. I like the server so much that I was thinking of donating to it pretty soon. I used to play on it a long time ago too. Not sure if under the username of Byrnndi_ or Hammerhead426 (my old account that was hacked).

Hope you see this soon and if you decide to not appeal, I understand. X-raying is a cheap way of getting rich fast. There's not honor behind it, ya know? Like no actual reward for all of the hard work that you do.

Ok, so a few things with your appeal.
First,
https://java.com/en/download/help/java_mac.html
Here's a link to downloading java on Mac, something that is entirely possible and something that I have done. I use Optifine to play regularly.

Moving on to your actual appeal...
One concept that we've held here on HomeTown since as long as I can remember is this:
"Your account, your responsibility."
I have no way of proving that it was actually your roommate that X-rayed. However, what I can prove is that X-ray was done, and it that I have to base my response on. I empathize if it wasn't actually you who xrayed, but the fact of the matter is there is no way for me to prove that, and you could just as easily be lying to me in order to save face. In order for me to consider accepting this appeal, you need to claim responsibility for the actions that were done on your account.

Please revise your appeal accordingly. You can either edit the original post, or create another one.

Heads up: the "reply" feature on our forums is broken, but you can still use the text box at the bottom of this page to respond.