• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal for "zezzv"
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: zezzv

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Grief.

Who banned you: Nether_Ruler/TheDutyPaid

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I'm not going to act like this isn't partially my fault. I invited my friend to the server because he really wanted to join it so I gave him the IP. Then he joined and did the required quiz for the rules and whatnot, then he went to a town and started griefing (I tried to get him to stop and I probably should've notified someone like a moderator but didn't). As I was trying to fix it I accidentally made it worse. I understand I didn't make the smartest decision and at the time it was late at night so I wasn't thinking completely straight. Also, I understand what I did wrong and what I can do to prevent it from happening again and I am willing to help everyone affected repair their builds and get things back to the state they were in before the incident. And I will not allow things like this to happen again and I will be more cautious next time if I am put back in a situation like the last one that got me banned.

Why do you want to come back: I really enjoy playing on this server.

I appreciate the honesty and the reflection, it makes this a lot easier for both of us. Honestly, there's not much more to add to this, except I'm going to highlight a few points

- If your friend is griefing, please please please do not try to fix it. What this does is a) likely makes it worse and b) makes it look like you were in on the grief. Had you done nothing, and simply alerted a staff member, we would be in much less of a pickle. Even if no staff are on, there is the /report command or #get-help in the discord

No need to help repair the builds, they've already been rolled back to how they were before you and your friend touched them

You have been unbanned as of the time this reply is posted. Welcome back to HomeTown