• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donate your in-game works of art!
[Image: 7scSWo8.png]

Breakthrough Museum of Modern Art 

urtcome and I (harkins2011) are currently constructing Breakthrough, a museum of modern art, and it needs you to fill in its airy emptiness! We are currently looking for and accepting all forms of Hometownian art to be exhibited! These could be: map arts, art installations (sculptures), books, items, etc. that enable and express the faculty of creativity.

Q: How do I donate a work of art?
If its a map art, book, item etc. that can be put into an inventory, visit "/warp project" (courtesy of jkoke13 to host the donation site) and find this double-chest immediately to your right, and simply put in the work of art you want to donate!

[Image: wiF7y2g.png]

Once you have done this, do "/mail send harkins2011 [message]" (or urtcome) to tell us any relevant information regarding your work of art, and what descriptions you would like us to include in its exhibit. You can also use these descriptions as a place to advertise your warps/shops!

Q: How do I donate a work of art that is an art installation (sculpture)?
If harkins2011 or urtcome is online in the server, notify them and let them teleport to your art installation, and your work will be copied over with Litematica to be rebuilt in the museum. Building in the Creative world seems to be a good idea for these, if you can! 

If neither harkins2011 or urtcome are online, you may "/mail send" either one of them with the coordinates and the world in which it was built, and include closest possible warps so that they may travel there themselves and copy it over. Include necessary descriptions of the work of art so that we can identify what it is.

As always, make sure you include necessary descriptions of your art, and you can use these descriptions to advertise your warps.

In general, the maximum size of these art installations should be no larger than 7x7x7, although it is best that you build your work of art first, and we will accommodate as necessary.

Q: Among map arts, art installations (sculptures), books, items, etc., which ones are you looking for the most?
We are primarily looking for abstract art installations! These are physical 3-D works of abstract art that are rebuilt at the museum. For inspiration on these or what these are, I recommend looking at Keralis's video: https://youtu.be/PUAOLgbnS6s

Of course, any other artistic medium and genre is welcome!

Q: How many works of art am I allowed to donate?
To give everyone a chance to be exhibited, you may donate up to 4 works of art (including art installations, etc.).

Q: When will the Breakthrough Museum of Modern Art be completed?
Our prospective date of completion is around mid-summer of this year, if all goes well. You can speed this process up by donating works of art or sharing this thread around so that we have enough works of art to exhibit!

Q: May I visit the museum before it is completed?
As it is not open to the public, only those who have submitted a work of art can visit, since they will need to know where their artwork is located and/or work with harkins2011 or urtcome in installing them or deciding on the best spots.