Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal
Banned on smp.hometown.mc

Minecraft name: DimonSlender_YT

Reason for my ban: xray

Who banned me: melaniebeedot/belgnbor

Why should I be unbanned: 
Basically, my microsoft account with tied-in mojang account got hacked today, on april 21st, and when I finally logged in by changing the password thru email, I saw the message wich said "You got banned. Reason - xray". Im an established player with a long history on this server and the fact that someone hacked my account just to get me banned really bothers me. I also have a really giant town wich I was building for more than a year, so I wouldnt hack, because i know that i could get banned for stuff like that and lose my progress.

Why do I want to come back: to continue building my town, play with others, participate in the events, etc. This is my favourite minecraft server, and getting banned here means that Im almost getting done with minecraft.

I have a few concerns with your explanation of events here.

This morning when I was alerted to possible x-ray activity, I logged in to the server to take a look and was greeted by you: 

[Image: NQ68qlk.jpg]

Just to clarify, was this interaction before or after you were hacked?

It was after I got hacked. Last time when I joined personally was on april 20th (Again, if we count Moscow time)

So this interaction I had with your account was not, in fact, you?

Yes, indeed

Alright.

So after that interaction, I began looking into the diamond ore break logs for your account and found that there was clear x-ray activity.

I promptly banned the account, by username and by the IP address that it was logged in by.

A few hours later I received a DM from you on discord claiming that your account had been hacked, you mentioned you had just tried to log in and saw the ban message.

As it happens, I was online at that moment, and I did see your attempt to log in:

[Image: yDHKmtT.jpg]

The way our ban plugin works, when a banned IP address tries to log in, it shows us the IP address rather than the username of the player that's trying to log in. I've redacted the actual IP address numbers here, for obvious reasons, but as you can see, when you tried to log in while I was DMing with you on discord, it showed me the same IP address as the one I banned earlier this morning when you claim you were not online.

I'm just having trouble figuring out how the hacker used your IP as well this morning when they were trying to get you banned, that's quite a feat that I've never seen before.

Well, dont know what to say here, so guess thats it, I wont come back to this server...

Maybe the hacker used VPN, but im not much of an expert here

I'm not much of an expert on VPNs myself, but from what I understand and have been told by other Admins, it's pretty much a 1 in a billion chance of a hacker using a VPN to get the exact same IP address as you.

I guess you can close the thread, because I dont have other arguments to defend my position

So, I've got some new info about the fact that the hacker got the same IP. It turned out that my brother, who knew my accounts password all along, did all of this stuff to get me banned. Why? Thats because I got a VAC-ban on his steam account a week ago and he wanted to avenge it in the most stupid way. Well, thats how it is. My dissapointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Sounds like a comedy movie plot, right?)

Btw, Im as confused aa you all may be