• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal - Stealth_dino
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP
Minecraft name: Stealth_dino

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): You are banned from this server. Reason: Banned by Rowebot for grief. Appeal with screenshot at http://www.hometownmc.com/forums

Who banned you: Rowebot

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): Six years ago I was thirteen, and I thought that griefing and trolling were the best past time activities in Minecraft. Since then, I have had my builds and worlds griefed and destroyed as well as the other aspects of life to hit in ways that griefing will never do. It shouldn't be said, but I believe that what I've done to the build that a player had left behind was unacceptable, and that if it had happened to me I would have been devastated. Even after all this time, I can still remember what happened and what I did. I believe through time and experience I've thoroughly learned my lesson and would like to return to the server and its community. 

Why do you want to come back: I have been looking for a welcoming, casual SMP to join and casually play again, and after finding an old screenshot I have decided to try to rejoin the community. The attached file is the screenshot of the banned message screen if that's necessary. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, you mostly destroyed a small town by breaking approximately 500 blocks.  From the screenshots it was someone's pride and joy.

Given the time and you accepting responsibility, I will give you another chance.  Welcome back to HT.  Please read the rules at /warp rules.

PS. Note that the server corrupted its files (by filling it disks) less than a month after you were banned in 2016 and we were forced to restart with a new world, thus any builds that you had are gone.  Since then we had another incident forcing us to reset the world, and we chose to reset a third time because Minecraft had advanced so much with new blocks and mobs.

PSS. I am on a sabbatical from staff duties and must ask another admin to unban you.  This should happen within an hour or two.  If not, add another post to this thread and I will ensure you will be.

Edit  -- You are unbanned now.
/Rowebot