Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal: Clearcalculation
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Hometown MC

Minecraft name: Clearcalculation
Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Xray

Who banned you: Thatguy3339

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): Honestly a second chance would be nice since I was just getting back into Hometown after not being on in 5 years but I am uncertain that I really deserve one. I was being dumb and using an x-ray mod. I know it wasn't right and I have no real excuse. I have no intention on using the mod because I was worried about being banned from it the moment I downloaded it. I had used farms and what not to get the tools I needed to make nice pick axes before I even downloaded the mod. I will forfeit any diamonds I had for a second chance, I have only been back on for a few days now and I joined back in because my boyfriend and my best friend were wanting me to play with them. Me and my roommate have VIP3 so I don't want to lose that. I apologize for my actions and it will not happen again. 

Why do you want to come back: I loved HT way back when I used to play hardcore, there are still some familiar faces although wish Jelly still played. I would like to continue playing on HT

Also please don't ban my roommate because he is using the same IP and really loves HT too
------------------------------------------
So my roommate and my boyfriend where effected by my ban, they are Strine424 and .OakFireFox123
I would appreciate allowing them back on the server even if I am not allowed back on T_T
And again I am sorry.

So here's the deal. While you only recently came back, I still consider you a longtime player. I remember you from back when you were active previously and I was glad to see you getting back into HT. But because of that I also feel that you should have had no issues following our rules. With that said, I can tell that you want to come back and play on the server and that's a good first step here.  

I have a few questions for you before I make a final call here, and I want you to put some thought into these answers. I'm not going to give you a specific length requirement for them, unlike I've done in the past, I just want something thought out and substantial in response to each.

1. How does x-raying and selling diamonds effect the owners of player-shops
2. How does it effect the server economy in general?
3. What was your motivation for xraying in the first place knowing the consequences?

I'm going to extend a level of trust here as well. I will go ahead and lift the ban on your IP, and leave the ban on just your account until I've made a final decision based on your responses. This way your roommate and boyfriend will be able to log back on. Do not abuse this trust as a means to circumvent your ban.

Edit: the IP ban is lifted, both your roommate and boyfriend should be able to access the server again.
Discord: Guy#1507 

X-raying and selling diamonds effect the owners of player-shops negatively by destabilizing the economy and detracting potential funds from the server from donation players and supporters. Gathering these minerals and feeding them in the economy naturally is accounted for when players create their shops and can cause a good shop to have a downward spike in revenue and cause item outages and stress on players to recoup the loss and restock.

When the economy is impacted like this it can cause players to feel like the effort they are putting in on this server is not enough to sustain their creative ideas and business ventures. When this happens shops dry up or become abandoned. Players that use these shops have a limited selection of places and rely on competition to keep the prices reasonable.

My motivation was dumb. As you could see the room I was building was rather large and I already had full set of diamond everything that I enchanted and bought by hours of trade with villagers. I was wanting to make multiple sets of armor to put on armor racks for decor and have different sets of armor for different tasks at hand. While I cannot nessasaraly say that some of the diamonds would not have wound up in the economy, the original intention was for personal use. After being gone so long I felt like when I came back I was starting with absolutely nothing and had lost so much time. I know the server had reset long ago but I was wanting to get back to having the comfortable base of operations as quickly as possible.

I am appealing my ban because I know that my actions where dumb and while I wasn't planning on damaging the economy the fact that I was circumventing the economy to build my base was not adding value, putting me at an advantage over other players and making a mockery of the time and effort that other playset put into their builds. For this I apologize frome the bottom of my heart and hope that I may be allowed to rejoin the server.

Normally I make my ban appeals sit out a tempban of 30 days after an x-ray ban.  I'm going to cut you some slack here, partially because I accidentally rolled back your house and there may still be some weirdness that we'll need to get fixed after restoring it, and it will be easier if it was more recent, and partially because I do feel like you've been straight with me on all of this. All ores, ingots (or blocks), and any gear made of any of those materials, will be destroyed, and your bal reset to zero. I understand that not everything came from xraying but this is our standard procedure as we can not be 100% sure what was obtained via xray and what wasn't. I have already unbanned you and am in the process of removing those items from your inventory and your containers. Do not let this happen again.

But with all that unpleasantness out of the way. Welcome back to Hometown!
Discord: Guy#1507