• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Unban: TheFastVan
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: TheFastVan

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): ban evasion. Banned by melaniebeedot. Seriously Dude? (IP banned: TheFastVan)

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): The reason i was intially banned from the server was due to bring caught X-raying on an old account (Danionlion) a few years back, the exact date of I'm not sure of. As of recent years I've become unable to access the account due to microsoft's account changes, playing under a new user, TheFastVan, I believed I could get a fresh start with the server, with no association with my old account as whilst the time I played on the server may have been fraudulent and against the rules, I had genuinely enjoyed the relaxed, friendly nature of the server.

The period in which i was caught X-raying was a period in time when I was in my early teens. I was immature, and had a knack for breaking the rules, which included using X-ray on servers (all of which besides HomeTown were small, shortlived servers run through a small group of friends) as i saw no issues with it being used at the time. Now, I can see the detriments it could provide to an economy driven server, and have realised the lapses in my judgement that I had several years ago. I believe that through this time since my ban, I have been able to mature from experiences like this, and have grown to being a more respecting user amongst minecraft servers.

As for the ban evasion, it was probably not the wisest idea for me to play knowing that my previous account was banned, and should've talked to a moderator before being allowed to join the server. I am sorry I did not make this apparent at all, and I had no intention through my time in the ban evasion to use cheats to exploit the economy of the server.

Why do you want to come back: As previously stated, HomeTown is a server I enjoy because of its relaxed, friendly nature, with the users who play on the server being kind and respectful of others. Its the only survival dedicated server I have a genuiune passion to play, as I find the community very supportive of others and enjoyable to have conversations with as your building something on the side. The shops system makes the game much more relaxing, as the long processes for grinding for materials feels stress free, and allows for me to enjoy the more creative and expressive sides of Minecraft as a whole.

Thank you for your patience in awaiting a response, we have discussed your appeal among the Admins and there are several factors at play here, so let me address each one.

Your first ban on your old account Danionlion was for x-ray, which is a rule violation that we take very seriously, hence the ZTP (Zero Tolerance Policy) noted in your ban message. At the time of your ban, we were not accepting appeals for x-ray, so you were not given the option to appeal, and it was essentially a permanent ban.

As it happens, we have more recently begun to accept x-ray ban appeals, only if they are very well written, so your life sentence is now negociable.

The fact that your old account has become inaccessible to you is unfortunate, many of our players have had that issue with the mojang migration, and that is actually why i was asking what your old account was, because i was going to offer to help you transfer over all your stuff from your old account to your new one..

Returning to HomeTown on your new account, despite being banned from our server on your old account, in an attempt to give yourself a clean slate was- wishful thinking, but unfortunately for you, against the rules. Ban evasion, though you claim you did not return to cause trouble, is still ban evasion nonetheless, and so you were banned a second time.

I will commend you for telling me the truth when i asked what your old account was, a bit hesistantly, but you could have made up a fake username or said you didn't remember, instead you told me the truth. So thank you for that.

Danionlion has been banned for 2 years, 4 months, and 6 days, at the time of this reply. Considering you have not caused (much) trouble since your return, aside from the ban evasion, we have decided to give you the benefit of the doubt that you have changed as you claim you have since your early teens, and will be unbanning you shortly.

Keep in mind that this is your second strike. If you are to be banned again for any reason, we won't be considering another appeal.

Forgot about the IP ban... ok, should be unbanned now.