Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The voices told me to x-ray
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Smp

Minecraft name: Mikablook

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): x-ray

Who banned you: TheDutyPaid

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): Yeah I can't even make any excuse, I was x-raying. I got too silly. But at this point since I'm already under suspicion I don't think there is ever I chance I could pull off cheating again, I mean there is always staff on the server and if I am already a "tainted" one they will occasionally /vanish and tp to me or something. I do feel remorse since the server seems like a cool small-ish community and I was looking forward putting hours in it. Also what if I told you the x-raying was done "irronically"??

Why do you want to come back: Since for the time being I am unable to go outside very much I had been looking for a niche smaller minecraft smp. And most others were either totally dead or a total circlejerk between the 5-6 active players with meaningless ranks. So yeah, your server seems really cool and I was looking forward in creating my own little builds and maybe invite a few friends to make a quaint community.

I find your appeal on the whole lacking.
Lacking in honesty, integrity, unapologetic and sincerity. It almost feels like you only wrote it to cause me more work in needing to reply to you.

To quote: “looking forward putting the hours in” but you were not even interested in mining fair, a main core part of the game.
Staff often will ask questions about why a player's actions affect the server, watching the methods you used to try to hide your activities, it was quite clear you knew why x-ray use was not acceptable.

You only have a couple of hours of play at most and that was getting together the items needed for your plan to use x-ray.

If you do really want to return and not be a constant worry that you are not following the rules, I for one will need to see a more thorough understanding of what a x-ray ban brings and why we ban as such.

I do strongly encourage you to write a long and meaningful reply.

I got your PM but as you have private messaging disabled, it's impossible to reply.

Please use the "quick reply" box at the bottom of the page on the appeal and then "post reply"

Oh right, my bad. Should I send the message text here as well?

Yes, only use this part of the forum for appeals.

Alright, this should have been the original unban request:

Honestly, fair enough. I should have given my unban request more effort and more honesty. And I do understand why x-raying is harmful. It just a unfair way to get items and resources other people spend much more time and effort to acquire. In my case it was probably worse since I was mining for netherite relatively near the nether spawn , and I was stripping the area of a rather rare resource causing players to traverse further to get it. Also it can make the game more mundane and boring since knowing exactly what lies ahead defeats some of the excitement that comes with exploring. Honestly, even though I had comprehended all those issues before I was banned, I hadn't wrapped my head around the fact that not only does it give me an unfair advantage, it can also hurt other players. I guess the ban gave me time to reflect about the consequenses of my actions in-game (and since the size of the playerbase is not that big, my unfair advantage could affect more people). In that regard it was a wake-up call in a way, so I should thank you for that probably. At this point I don't see myself x-raying anymore, not so much from the fear of getting caught again rather due to a change of heart. I realised since the server has been very kind to me so I ought to respect it back and its rules. Please disregard my first request. I honestly gave it little time and even less thought.

I have spoken with other staff members and the general consensus is to give you another try. This is on the condition that any other use of x-ray will be a permanent ban.

Your money and items of value will be taken as it’s impossible to know if you got them by fair means.

I have taken off the time from when you were banned on your temporary month ban. You will be able to join the server again on the 1st of May.

Welcome back to Hometown.