• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auction plugin
Since there are so many auctions on the forums lately maybe it's an idea to have an auction Plugin. Maybe one that supports it being turned off by the player.

Or just an auction Sub forum section?
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

Auction Plugins can be much faster. You can for example make a post of the time of your auction then auction it and the person who wins gets the stuff automatically and the seller gets its money.

Was talk of this before but can't remember the main reasons why it was not added. I do remember that it can be spamy. I think the forums are fine for auctions and there is a sub form for it already called trading, though the description could include "auctions" maybe.

Forums are always still going to be better as you can auction over a few days therefore increasing the views and perhaps bids. I also think this phase will pass as auctions only really took off when I sold the elytra.

Hahahah Thor has started something unstoppable
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

I'd say no to the auction plugin but yes to a forum section. Sometimes, when you're selling very expensive items like the ones usually sold on the forums, it's best to do it on the forums because then people get to decide whether or not the item is worth it and how much they're willing to pay. Additionally, it's hard to find all the rich people online at one time, to be honest.
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

We already have too many plugins for a complete survival/vanilla experience. The only plugins we really need for vanilla are protection plugins, as it's a public server. I feel that as we add more plugins, we're slowly losing the feel of semi-vanilla.
-Chicky

An auction plug-in, in my perspective, is a special chat that you can access that allows people who are willing to auction items off, such as blaze rods or ore, to a group of people that can bid without spamming global chat. From my experience with this, auctioning can get annoying while mixed with global chat. It would be nice to have It, but like Chicken said, The more plug-in's, the less experience with Vanilla. And most of the big auctions, like Beo said, usually happen on forums, as they can capture larger audiences and can be accessible for players that aren't online. But overall, I feel that the auction plug-in would be nice, but not worth losing the experience of vanilla survival.
Big Grin The Official "Ginga" on the server Big Grin
Warps I own:
/warp Emporium
/warp Gingshop
/warp Rivertown
/warp minfo