• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: IamNotDamian

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Violation rule #1

Who banned you: LyingStar(Nether)

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): Dear moderators and administrators of the Minecraft server,

I am writing this appeal to request the lifting of the ban that was imposed on me on your server. I understand that my previous behavior was inappropriate, and I deeply regret any inconvenience or harm that I may have caused to the other players.

I understand that your server has strict rules and policies, and I acknowledge that I have violated some of them. However, please believe me when I say that my actions were not intentional, and I did not intend to cause any harm or trouble.

I am a passionate player who enjoys interacting with other players and exploring the vast world of Minecraft. Your server has provided me with countless hours of fun, and I do not wish to lose the opportunity to continue playing and enjoying the Minecraft experience with other players.

I assure you that I have learned from my mistakes, and I am willing to comply with all the rules and regulations on the server. I promise to act responsibly, be courteous towards others, and avoid engaging in any acts that go against the server's policies.

I understand that you may be hesitant to lift the ban, but I am asking for a second chance. I hope that you will consider this appeal and allow me to rejoin your community of players.

Thank you for your time and understanding

Sincerely,

Damian

Why do you want to come back: I enjoy playing an lot of this server and i love it alot , if i would be unbanned it would mean the world for me

.IamNotDamian Wrote:Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: IamNotDamian

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Violation rule #1

Who banned you: LyingStar(Nether)

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): Dear moderators and administrators of the Minecraft server,

I am writing this appeal to request the lifting of the ban that was imposed on me on your server. I understand that my previous behavior was inappropriate, and I deeply regret any inconvenience or harm that I may have caused to the other players.

I understand that your server has strict rules and policies, and I acknowledge that I have violated some of them. However, please believe me when I say that my actions were not intentional, and I did not intend to cause any harm or trouble.

I am a passionate player who enjoys interacting with other players and exploring the vast world of Minecraft. Your server has provided me with countless hours of fun, and I do not wish to lose the opportunity to continue playing and enjoying the Minecraft experience with other players.

I assure you that I have learned from my mistakes, and I am willing to comply with all the rules and regulations on the server. I promise to act responsibly, be courteous towards others, and avoid engaging in any acts that go against the server's policies.

I understand that you may be hesitant to lift the ban, but I am asking for a second chance. I hope that you will consider this appeal and allow me to rejoin your community of players.

Thank you for your time and understanding

Sincerely,

Damian

Why do you want to come back: I enjoy playing an lot of this server and i love it alot , if i would be unbanned it would mean the world for me

This reply will be broken up into two parts since the forums only allows me to upload 10 images per post.

Alright, where to begin on this?
Firstly, your impatience is not appreciated in the slightest. Even if this was an adequate appeal (which, by the way, it isn't, as I'll get into shortly), bugging staff and complaining in the global chat through Discord are not ways to get me to reply. The very ban appeal format that you're asked to read before you post something (found here) says to wait patiently for a staff member to review your appeal. 
[Image: 2Ss35mI.png]
[Image: RTCeDwI.png]

And then, not 30 minutes later:
[Image: 99raN5Q.png]
[Image: bbvZQqH.png]
[Image: uM1lxfY.png]

Next, perhaps the more important part of this response.
Tell me, Damian. This is the second time you've been banned, so wouldn't this be asking for a third chance? Seems awful strange that idea slipped your mind while 'you' were writing out your appeal.
Quite frankly, I won't even bother directly addressing your appeal. Firstly, it doesn't talk about why you were banned at all, so I'm not even sure you know the reason you got banned. Let me enlighten you.
You have been asked repeatedly by several staff members to stop asking like staff. You even got into a debate with me about it today (see below). You have been warned SEVEN times for various different things, from grief to derogatory language, to not going behind staff's backs when you don't get an answer you want, to trespassing. You have been given SO many chances to not continue being a problem, and yet you prove over and over again that you aren't going to listen to what we have to say to you. 
[Image: WWvxciZ.png]
[Image: PtIKBRi.png]

But aside from that, because honestly what you got banned for isn't even what bothers me about this appeal.
You didn't write this, and I'm honestly insulted that you thought this would fly. This appeal could've been easy. You could've owned up to what you did and answered the questions I would've put before you. Instead, you had AI write your appeal, and you've thus made this process considerably more difficult for both of us. You already have a bad track record here, which I'm beyond confident you're aware of, so why would you even try pulling something like this?
Aside from the fact that this appeal isn't written how you usually talk, you used a word in your appeal that you don't know. If you're going to try and be sneaky, keep your mouth shut, and don't catch yourself in your own lies. Below is the part of your appeal where you use the word 'courteous'
[Image: zjbUsnr.png]
And here is you not one hour later asking what that very same word means:
[Image: Z0pLHqV.png]

In case you think I haven't caught you red-handed, here are five sites telling me that your entire appeal was not written by you.

Exhibit #1, from OpenAI's (ChatGPT) own website,
[Image: obUJiWa.png]

Exhibit #2,
[Image: c6CPOsr.png]

Exhibit #3,
[Image: LJUBEeP.png]

Exhibit #4,
[Image: GtZAZeB.png]

And perhaps the most incriminating of all, here's #5 for you.
[Image: sLH3bMs.png]

Even when you're banned you're being a problem. First, you get yourself banned from our discord by harassing other staff members to unban you, and now you've shown what little respect you have for the staff team you claim to want to be a part of someday by having something else write your appeal and pass it off as your own, thinking that I wouldn't immediately know. 

Perhaps it's redundant to even say this, but your appeal is denied. Your disrespect is intolerable and I refuse to put up with it. 
Although I am well within my rights here to not do so, I am granting you one more chance to make an appeal. If I catch you trying to pull anything on me, this ban will become a permanent one. 

Locking thread.