• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Should we reset the server for 1.20?
This poll is closed.
Yes, let's all start over fresh!
55.56%
5 55.56%
No, let's keep the map and expand instead!
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Should we reset the map for 1.20?
Don't panic... This is just a poll for your opinions. 

Lately we have been receiving some feedback from you, the players, talking about how the current server has become a bit--- saturated, and not just a space issue. All the farms have been built, longer-time players have already done/built everything they can, and most concerningly, the economy balance is way out of whack. More and more players are suggesting/asking if we will be doing a reset any time soon so everyone can start fresh. So, we want to know where everyone stands on this idea. 

Should we reset the server for the coming 1.20 update? - This means a brand new map, no builds or items or money will be transferred over. The only things you'll keep are your votes and your voting/VIP ranks.

**We will still be updating to 1.20 either way, and would do an expansion of New World instead if we didn't do a reset.

Smile Yes, let's all start over fresh! 

Angry No, let's keep map and expand instead.

To my opinion, an reset would be perfect! Everyone vould have a chance to be very rich like other players once again , and i think it should be great! Us , new players that play for a month or two can be one of the rich
Your friend , Damian

I'm not really fan of the reset. There are people working hard on so many things. On the other hand I would like to try from scratch again. I personally suggest preserving all the old worlds (world and new world) for example in form of creative/spectator mode world. There are so many cool builds, I just don't want to see them being deleted.

Hello. You might recognize me, I have been gone for quite a while now and I love the fact that the server has continually expanded and developed ever since I took a break from Minecraft. I noticed that most other small-community servers have started to die out, and I am very pleased to hear that this is still ongoing, and hopefully, I will be back again sometime during summer.

Anyhow, a reset would be nice for new players, but I do feel like old players would be sad to see their hard work go to an archive, although everything is basically complete.

I don't know much about how the server is run or how it all functions, but perhaps a new world could be made? Instead of deleting the main world, players could have the option to move to the new world through /server <1/2>... if that's possible?
If survival has become a bit bland, you could additionally add another world being Skyblock or Skygrid (/server 3)...? I don't know how skyblock works, since that new world would have to have all the ore-generator plugins and /island go commands and /shop things and idk... 
but Skygrid is an open world just like Survival... An old (dying) server titled Extremecraft has this Skygrid server that supports the newer versions of the game, perhaps you could derive some features from that server and apply it for HW? Especially the loot tables that you may find from chests in the Skygrid world. 

If running it doesn't get expensive, consider it:)))

Thank all of you for sticking along with HW. I miss this community.
"You are way less than what you could be. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today"

if you expand the map yeah that would be cool for new players and all but what about the players who have been here for years and have already built everything? I am one of them and yes while I would be sad to see all of my builds and my balance go, I am often lost on what to build or do because I feel like everything has been done. With expanding the map if you do, I feel that it would mostly benefit new incoming players imo so they can build their bases. If the server doesn't reset there should be some kind of element (idea what rn could be) that keeps the older players who have built all they can do, playing and not being bored of having nothing to do. Resetting the world would benefit new players as they can have space to build. It would negatively affect older players because of all the projects and bases and money they've acquired but sometimes it might be necessary for a reset if players are burnt out. Ultimately, I think if you do reset the main concern is that people will lose all of the things that they have built so if there were to be a reset I would maybe let people save their most loved builds in a schematic and maybe once they reach a certain point of money in the new server, they can pay to have it completed maybe. This way people can still have that survival aspect of grinding to get materials and armor and such and also getting stuff to sell to get to that point to buy back their build. This is just a suggestion which I feel like might get turned down because it seems too unfair but I feel like if we do reset there should be some way people can save their builds but while still having to work to get them back so its not so easy to start over.
[Image: sW0qOSG]

I was lowkey happy thinking that we would get a reset, might push me to come online in my free times
Everything is Panda