• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Ban Appeal Response-

22th May 2023

1. The grief you did was indeed a pain to clean up. All the warps you griefed were mine and were public farms. So here's a question for you: Why grief a variety of public farms meaninglessly? It's not like the grief was for a rare block, or to tear it down. You were clearly just being a nuisance.

I remember that I simply did it because I was annoyed that I had gotten caught which was why they were all your farms. Again this is another really immature thing I did back then that was extremely childish and was done for no reason besides me being upset because I got caught doing something wrong. Considering I was VERY much in the wrong I had no right doing this. I personally apologize to you considering how targeted it was and how much of a pain it must’ve been to fix. I know the apology is late but I felt like I still owed it to you.

2. You mentioned in your appeal that you understand the consequences x-raying can have on an economy. What are they, and why do we disallow x-raying?

Well there can be many consequences to the economy such as having a large amount of diamonds sold to a vendor and draining their pockets dry, or perhaps using all that money to buy out shops of items which ruins the experience for other players. The reasons why xraying is unallowed is because of one the aforementioned economic consequences and two because it gives a player an unfair advantage in the server.

3. Regarding your xraying - you spent time making covering up the x-ray to make it seem like nothing was wrong. What was your goal with doing this?

I believe the goal for me was to gather money to keep up with the other players within my circle as they were getting rich and old me was immature and wanted to keep up no matter the consequences. Looking back it’s probably the dumbest reason to do this and my attempt to cover it up was probably to save my pride more than anything even though I knew staff could check and still catch it.

4. You were a player here for about 1.5 years before you got banned. What was your motivation for xraying?
Again the reason was really stupid and was me being immature and simply wanting to keep up with my friends. I personally feel incredibly dumb for that being my reason cause it was not worth it and wasn’t even necessary, it was simply just to keep my ego up.

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by tyepie1807 - 05-22-2023, 09:21 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 05-23-2023, 06:26 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by tyepie1807 - 05-23-2023, 07:17 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 05-23-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by tyepie1807 - 05-24-2023, 04:36 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 05-25-2023, 05:12 AM