Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal (revised)
Server:  smp.hometownmc.com

Name:.Gotpit922

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): griefing

Who banned you: essayjinx

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I was not under the impression that I would be griefing because I was unaware that the land and items I took were claimed.  I’m very new to multiplayer and thought that the area was abandoned since it was unclaimed.  Is it technically griefing property without it being claimed? If that’s how the rule works I’ll happily give back the 2block of emerald and 2block of diamond and whatever else I took.  Truthfully I really thought that it was abandoned because I have spent many hours on the server and would never leave said blocks unclaimed. I’m sorry for inconvenience to whoever I took them from and would never grief on purpose.  I think I only took the blocks of emerald and diamond but I’d happily give back whatever I took.

Why do you want to come back: this is the first server I’ve been on where everyone has always been very helpful with my noobie questions.  I also have not had people destroy my area so why would I purposely destroy someone else’s.  I have worked hard on this server and am not even sure that thats the reason of my ban.   And sorry for the first post I was blindsided by the ban and didn’t realize a format was needed.

Thank you for your appeal.

You did indeed take two emerald and two diamond blocks, and broke a quartz ore, from a shop.

Even unclaimed, builds are considered protected and not to be touched, as they are someone else's build. A gold block claim is not required for an area to be claimed.

Why do we not break blocks that aren't ours?

What impact does that have on other people?

Do you understand why we don't allow griefing on this server?

Why do we not break blocks that aren't ours?
Because that is considered griefing and it’s against the rules. It may also hurt the hard work of another person. What’s not claimed is considered claimed in this server. Any build is off limits and I’m sorry I didn’t realize that.
What impact does that have on other people?
It can impact them very negatively. It may hurt feelings and moral. Many times have i felt those feelings. I’m sorry I misunderstood the rules and impacted another player negatively
Do you understand why we don't allow griefing on this server?
Yes I understand

A good enough response for me. Please continue to understand in future. Smile

You are unbanned. On rejoining, you must immediately return one quartz or a quartz ore, two diamond blocks and two emerald blocks to a member of staff.

Welcome back to HomeTown

Will do and my absolute apologies. Thanks. What would have happened if I spent or sold them?