• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ban appeal
Code:
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp

Minecraft name: imablockhd

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): rule#1 be respectful to other players and staff dont be annoying on purpose.

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): i have been a faithful player for years and a donator. i promote this server every chance i get because it is a really great server. i am helpful to anyone that asks........ but we all have bad days and somtimes make bad judgements mel you did not deserve to be disrespected and i am truly sorry for my behavior that day........ and tho i occationally troll new and or seasoned players who i find annoying, it is a must that i report any player who does annoying things themselves to staff, and not create situations in which i try to police and or troll a player enough to leave...it is immature for me to act this way and will make a whole hearted effort not to do it anymore.......

Why do you want to come back:  i miss my friends, my builds, and the everthing about what the server promotes. love, friendship and acceptance

Thank you for your honest appeal.

I do want to point out that your ban that day was not only for being disrespectful towards me, but also towards the player you were trying to mislead and lure into a situation where they thought you were helping but instead you were misleading them to trouble.

While the majority of your time on this server has been neutral, this has not been the only instance of you bringing trouble to new players; I've had to separate you from new players in the past that you'd been causing trouble for, on more than one occasion, and the last time this happened, I warned you that if it does not stop, I would ban you the next time.

So please update your appeal to address also being respectful to other players, and not being annoying on purpose.

Code:
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp

Minecraft name: imablockhd

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): rule#1 be respectful to other players and staff dont be annoying on purpose.

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): i have been a faithful player for years and a donator. i promote this server every chance i get because it is a really great server. i am helpful to anyone that asks........ but we all have bad days and somtimes make bad judgements mel you did not deserve to be disrespected and i am truly sorry for my behavior that day........ and tho i occationally troll new and or seasoned players who i find annoying, it is a must that i report any player who does annoying things themselves to staff, and not create situations in which i try to police and or troll a player enough to leave...it is immature for me to act this way and will make a whole hearted effort not to do it anymore.......

Why do you want to come back: i miss my friends, my builds, and the everthing about what the server promotes. love, friendship and acceptance

I will have to take your word for it and let you prove to us that you've changed.

Your wording is interesting though... "not create situations in which i try to police and or troll a player enough to leave" is a blanket statement and doesn't really relate to the incident that got you banned... I'm curious if you even remember the incident?

well it is kinda mel.......
and as you have noticed it and the reason a got banned is when players are annoying ill troll them.....
that behavoir doesnt create harmony in the server..........
and as i ave been told from you and oher staff to let staff take care of it...........
i deserved the ban peroid........it gives a person time to think wheather they to be there or not
do i think i should be permenant.....No i do not, but thats not my place to decide......
all i can tell you is i will not be doing it anymore.......

You're still beating around the bush with general statements "when players are annoying ill troll them", instead of directly owning up to the specific incident that lead to your ban, so let me refresh your memory.

Here is the player you trolled, asking in the general chat where they can buy netherite:

[Image: NlFCUq4.jpg]

They were given 2 warp suggestions, they tested them both, and they went ahead with the one that worked.

In the server's chat logs, we can see you jump into action right away:

[Image: RMCzJ9v.jpg]

You go over to /warp diamonds, teleport the player to you, and then hide disguised as a bat.

Then when the player asks you about where you've brought them, repeatedly trying to get your attention, you say nothing, until they've fallen for your trick:

[Image: VQr8mEm.jpg]

And then you sit back and watch, counting up their breaks, instead of correcting the player about the place that you've brought them to and help remedy their confusion.

When the player seeks staff to help correct their mistake, you're still in the peanut gallery jeering about how much trouble they're in, and I confront you on why you're giving them such a hard time:

[Image: O69x7Ph.jpg]

"bored"

Not only that, you tried to claim you were ''advising'' them rather than hassling.

[Image: o5GmC7Z.jpg]

Anyone can read the following conversation for themselves and see how you hassled them, rather than ''advising them'', none of it with an ounce of helpfulness, but rather to berate them:

[Image: ECvEY68.jpg]

Then I confront you on why you've lead the player into this trap in the first place:

[Image: uznDUOt.jpg]

"he wanted diamonds"

You know, and I know, and anyone reading this knows, the player was never looking for diamonds. From the very beginning, the player asked where they can buy netherite, and they were given a warp where to find it, and they went there. End of story.

Even if they had been looking for diamonds, leading them to that warp and waiting for them to fall into the trap, was a very scummy thing to do. And still, when confronted, you try to act like you are not responsible for any of it.

After jkoke arrived on scene to handle the accidental grief for the player, you remained with your popcorn to watch the aftermath of your plan unfold, and jkoke tells you to leave.

[Image: FoZl0DG.jpg]

7 minutes later, you finally leave the warp.

[Image: NYIIdDs.jpg]

And then you return to the warp via /back, after staff have already made it clear that you are not wanted there, and you are promptly removed back to spawn.

It was at this point, after all your unhelpfulness throughout this incident, that you decide sassing staff would be the next best step. As you can see, that was the final straw.

You said in your appeal that you "occationally troll new and or seasoned players who i find annoying", but this player had done nothing to you, or anyone else, and were not being even remotely annoying for the hour they were online prior to the incident; they were just playing the game, helping others, being kind, and you decided to take out your boredom on them.

And as I mentioned earlier in your appeal, this is not the first incident that I've had to address where you're being a nuisance for new players, or butting in on situations that don't even involve you in the first place, and I warned you the last time that the next time it happened, I would ban you.

You're an adult. You should be able to play this game, even with "annoying players", and be the bigger person and just /ignore them, or in the very least, not go out of your way to cause problems, or antagonize others' problems further, or make more work for the staff that have to babysit you on top of the actual children that play on this server.

ok its all there mel and as i said i do or did troll players and have been banned from the server for this over a month for leading  a player into trouble and causeing trouble .......the most i can do is apologize for my actions and tell you i will never happen again. all i am asking is for a second chance to prove it.....
i was just being a troll.
i derserved the ban
but now im asking for a second chance.
i apologize to all the staff for my actions  and to the player i led into trouble......

The only reason you've been banned for over a month is because that is how long you took to finally appeal.

Yes, you said you troll players. You didn't say anything about this poor player that you tricked, even though I told you from the start that your ban was not just about disrespecting staff, but also about disrespecting the player you tricked, and I even asked you again in the next post about the specific incident that led to your ban, and still you didn't address it. I had to finally lay out the whole story for you since you weren't owning up to it.

The purpose of a ban appeal is to own up to what you did and make amends to those you have wronged, and I wasn't going to just unban you without you even acknowledging that you wronged that innocent player for fun because you were bored. I shouldn't have had to tell that story for you, and I shouldn't have had to drag that apology out of you either.

You've been unbanned, but for your own sake, I hope you're telling the truth when you say you won't continue with this kind of behavior.