Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Left_Nutty

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): X-raying

Who banned you: TheDutyPaid

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I'd just joined the server with my friend Right_Nutty. He was strip-mining in the cave at /warp res when he suddenly got banned for "x-raying". I wanted to see if I'd get banned as well since the admin who banned him knew we were associated, so I went mining in the same mine using the same strip-mining strategy as he did when he was banned. I decided to record my screen in case I were to get falsely banned. I happened to get very lucky and found 2 sets of diamonds back to back, and TheDutyPaid misinterpreted that as x-raying and banned me. Please review this video to see that I was, in fact, not x-raying: https://youtu.be/bmAAGMxWMQw

Why do you want to come back: I think the members of this server are really friendly, and I think it'd be a shame to leave it so early. I see a lot of potential for friendship in this server, and I'd really like to be able to join back and continue playing on the server with my friend Right_Nutty. 

X-raying is quite an open term for us to use, while there are X-ray texture packs. The ban is given when players are not being lucky; they are using a method, tool, mod or something else to give an unfair advantage.

You asked about Right_Nutty ban at the time,

[Rookie] left_nutty » Why was right_nutty banned? for x-ray???
[Rookie] left_nutty » he was just stripmining normally ;-;
Admin] TheDutyPaid » if they appeal I will show all the information I have

In your appeal.

“I wanted to see if I'd get banned as well since the admin who banned him knew we were associated, so I went mining in the same mine using the same strip-mining strategy as he did when he was banned.”

Well to me the same strategy was some form of x-ray.

In this picture which matching 0:20 on the video.

[Image: yKQOtse.png]

You just mine into the wall and up for a pocket of diamonds, you do not even check the other blocks for more diamonds.

Here at the 1 minute mark you do mine to the right and then to the left and find diamonds.

[Image: vn2S5aJ.png]

This type of exploration mining is common but why not start in this manner?

A bit of a spoiler, you found all the deepslate diamonds that were still in the area.  

[Image: Opk3byo.png]

So yes the video does not show an xray pack in use but I have a few issues. The first big one is you were mining in the same tunnels as your friend who was banned for x-ray, only 10 blocks from that area. Were you getting information from them about where diamonds were?
Also why the audio, was this to cover audio clues about the diamonds?

“Why do you want to come back: I think the members of this server are really friendly, and I think it'd be a shame to leave it so early. I see a lot of potential for friendship in this server, and I'd really like to be able to join back and continue playing on the server with my friend Right_Nutty.”

Well you friend right_nutty” is still banned, they are more than welcome to appeal.

To me after your comment,  “[Rookie] left_nutty » Welp since he got banned i probably wont continue playing.. having to create an account and write a whole ass appeal for just strip mining normally feels pretty complicated and unneccessary and i aint playing without him”

Leaving after that only to return 10 minutes later, getting straight to mining, which you had not done any up to that point, with video recording ready at hand and a friend who was only just in that close area. Yes you did not have an x-ray pack in use but there was something else, something in the shadows.

You claimed that my friend, who had been banned before me, was giving me information about where diamonds were located. The claim was based on the idea that I wasn't using x-ray in the video provided, but somehow knew where the diamonds were. I left the server for about 10 minutes and returned to mining about 20 minutes after my friend got banned. I mined for at least 5 minutes before starting to record.

I'm pretty sure I was also mining in a different tunnel from my friend because I ran into lava where he had been mining. So, how could my friend have known exactly where the diamonds were? You said they were just 10 blocks away from where my friend was, but they were actually probably more than 100 blocks deeper into an entirely different tunnel.

You also said I used music in the video to hide sounds that would reveal where the diamonds were. But I was just listening to loud music on Spotify, not realizing it would be recorded in the video. Both you and I heard the music at the same level, so I couldn't have heard something you couldn't.

In the screenshots you provided as evidence, you can see me switching between mining left and right. It's clear I missed a diamond that I would have seen if I was using x-ray. The message I left saying I might not play anymore also wasn't proof of anything. I actually came back to prove we weren't using x-ray, which is why I recorded the screen.

The "evidence" you've provided seems to me to be seriously overreaching when the video in itself should've been enough proof of my innocence.

I'm sorry if this message came out aggressive, but I wouldn't be trying this hard to prove my innocence if I knew I was wrong and couldn't win. I think this server is great, and I see a lot of potential in making many friends on here, I'd hate to see this opportunity go because of a simple misunderstanding.

Thinking about this and talking with other staff members. The simplest explanation, you had a good look around in X-ray then switched back to normal textures, started to record and look how lucky I am.

You did not miss any diamonds, you “found” them all. I rolled back where you had mined diamonds on a preview to highlight your breaks.

All ranking staff who deal with x-ray bans have all taken time to look over this, we all feel it is just an attempt to discredit the ban system.

So video means nothing, my evidence stands and your appeal is denied.