• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: SophiaIsWeird

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): The message when I was afk and about to play again was "You have been banned for Using x-ray. ..."

Who banned you: "DiamondBlockBen"

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I have lots of resource packs on my client, like making the ores glow, returning the former background music back, and some other accessibility-related packs that don't allow me to cheat or "x-ray".  I also have Optifine.  I have been on this server for a few years now, on and off, but still for a while, and I understand how frustrating it can be when others cheat (I've ran a few servers in the past and had some annoying people online that I had to ban myself.  I have never used x-ray, but I have experimented around with a lot of other random packs on my client before, but not x-ray or other cheating related ones.  I have recently (as in yesterday or so) installed a pack that would make my ores glow while mining (so I wouldn't have to carry around a torch all the time), but that's about it.  I am a bit scared/anxious, and I feel really bad because I have never gotten banned on any servers before.  I also am not sure if it's related to some money and crap that some random user gave me a few years back before he got banned (I think it was some diamonds and iron and whatnot, but not sure as it's been a while).  I am also worried that one of my resource packs may have somehow triggered the ban even though none of them are used for cheating.  I am willing to go through and disable each and every one of my resource packs while I play on this server to decrease the chance of future bans, just in case.  

Why do you want to come back: Spending time on this server, especially during the past couple of days, has helped my mood a lot (I have severe anxiety/autism, and often need some "place" to wind down, even if it's playing MC), and I really enjoy how this server is not a super "busy" server (a small but still active amount of people is amazing), yet still has so much to explore.  I really love the work that the team has put into creating it all, and how the people are very laid-back and friendly.  I've never seen a server so relaxing to be in, and I would really love to come back and continue building my home, making new friends, and exploring more of the server and the elaborately-made structures in it.  

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: sIW46aD.jpg]

I have only looked into your mining within the last 11 hours which gave me all the evidence I need to prove you were using x-ray. Let's revisit your mining path. First, you went to the end of the community mine set up close to /warp res and started a new branch to the left (green line). When a branch reveals diamond ore to the left, right, top, or bottom of your path, those ores are not suspicious. However, when you are able to find diamond ore hidden behind 2-3 layers of deepslate, that tells me that you are getting help. You suddenly stopped mining and uncovered diamond ore (1) that was 2 blocks above and 2 blocks to the left of your path (red line). How did you know those were up there without using x-ray? Lucky? Maybe, lets move on. You then came back to your original path, backed up a few blocks and uncovered a cluster of diamond ore (2) on the other side of your path that was hidden behind 2 layers of deepslate. How did you know those were there without using x-ray? Lucky? Hmm, I'm starting to doubt it. Then what did you do? Did you go back to your original path and continue mining in your previous trajectory? Nope! Somehow you knew if you dug through another 5 layers of deepslate, you would reveal another cluster of diamond ore (3). How did you know those were there? Lucky again? Not likely.

Now that you're seeing what I'm seeing, would you like to change your story at all? Or are you still going to try to convince me that a glowing ore resource pack allowed you to know those ores were there and it's not at all x-ray?

Okay so I might have recently watched someone stream themselves during a big Minecraft streams binge recently walking through that mine with the x-ray pack on and I memorised a few areas of where the ores were (I can't tell you their name, as it was at least a few days ago and I was just flicking through streams and saw one walking through this server which I had recognised), and I feel insanely bad about it, but I understand that is still not okay, and I still understand and respect your decision to still leave me off. I did still have my other packs on, none that allowed me to cheat by myself though. I apologise for everything, and for lying. Feel free to take any of my resources at my home base and give it back to others who actually deserve it, though.

Your appeal has been reviewed by me and other members of the staff team. The consensus is that your appeal is, frankly, hard to believe. If you were able to show us the stream you speak of where someone came to HomeTown, went to the res world with x-ray on, and showed the coordinates of the diamonds you found, it may be more believable. Honesty is the best policy when it comes to appeals and we don't believe you were being honest.

I'm sorry, but your appeal is being denied.