• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xoenan - Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Xoenan

Reason for your ban: reselling to shops despite knowing full well that it's against the shop rules in some shops.

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: I thought you were done withdrawing money since nothing was happening for like an hour. So I thought it was fine to go back to shops. I promise not to flip or resell. I wasn't even reselling items before the ban. I was just buying since I thought you were done withdrawing tens of thousands. I thought reselling meant selling back to their shop after buying or reselling in your shop.
I didn't know flipping wasn't allowed. Reselling and flipping have two different meanings.
Flipping - Buying low and selling for higher price.

Reselling - Buying and reselling in shop.

Why do you want to come back: I believe I deserve a 2nd chance because I thought you were done. I should have asked to see if you were. I love the community so far since I joined that is why I got VIP3.

Me withdrawing money has nothing to do with your ban. You were not banned for ''going back to shops'' after I spoke with you. You yourself wrote what the reason for your ban is: reselling to shops despite knowing full well that it's against the shop rules in some shops.

I explained to you that on this server, reselling is exactly what you were doing, which is buying from one shop and selling to another shop. Call it what you'd like, it's still not allowed at many shops on this server, and you knew that, because one shop owner you were selling to called you out on it and explained that not all shops allow reselling and you should be checking the rules at each shop. This was HOURS before I logged in and found you reselling to my shop. When I confronted you, you acted as though you had no idea about the reselling rules, and led me to believe you were innocent in the matter, when in fact, you did know the rules at that point, and STILL you neglected to read the rules at the shops you were visiting, or simply ignored the rules and continued to resell anyways.

Your ''why do you want to come back'' section also has to do with ''i thought you were done'' and ''i should've asked to see if you were'' when none of that has anything to do with your ban. We went over this already when you DM'd me on discord before you even appealed, so I'm not sure why you're still trying to include it in your appeal when it's irrelevant.

Feel free to update your appeal with correct information and try again.

I’m not sure exactly what else to say. I provided the correct information according to my knowledge.

Yes. I was told that only some shops allow reselling. But I am 100% not sure of all of them that do and don’t. I didn’t read the rule signs on every shop I went to. Some shops I didn’t even see rules to be honest. Maybe they were somewhere out of view. I’m not sure.

You did tell me not to buy or sell, and I did see transactions of money being removed then some money added back.
After seeing the money added back in I thought you were done. Not sure why I was getting money added in instead of just removing it.

UPDATE:
I read all the server rules when I joined the server. No where it mentioned reselling against the server rules.
I recommend adding that into the server rules when someone first joins.
The reselling rule is a player made rule. Not a server made rule. So actually I didn’t break any server rules. I broke a player rule made by players. Meaning the ban was not necessary actually since I didn’t break a server rule. So a player rule counts as a server rule? I don’t think so in my opinion because that would mean a player could just make rules on a sign and they automatically become a server rule even though an admin didn’t make the rule (because it’s not shown in the rules when you first join.)
What should have happened is to be blocked/banned from those player shops individually since it’s a player rule and not a server rule.

" I didn’t read the rule signs on every shop I went to. " - That is your own negligence. If a shop has rules, they will be posted at the warp point or upon entering the shop. You running past signs at speed 3 or 4 is not an acceptable excuse.

" You did tell me not to buy or sell, and I did see transactions of money being removed then some money added back.
After seeing the money added back in I thought you were done. " - I'm not sure why you're still bringing this up. Me beginning to reverse the transactions has nothing to do with this ban.

" Not sure why I was getting money added in instead of just removing it. " - You buy from one shop, you sell to another. To reverse that, I take the money you earned from the 2nd shop and give it back to the shop owner in exchange for the items you sold. Then I take those items over to the shop you originally bought them from and give them back, and take back the money you paid for them and give it back to you. Every instance of reselling involved 2 transactions that I had to manually reverse in that way.

" I read all the server rules when I joined the server. No where it mentioned reselling against the server rules. " - Correct. Reselling is not against the server rules. Each shop has the right to make their own rules about their own shop. If they don't want their prices to be taken advantage of, they have the right to say ''do not resell to my shop from other shops, and do not resell to other shops from my shop.'' You must abide by these rules if you want to use their shop.

" Meaning the ban was not necessary actually since I didn’t break a server rule. " - You were banned because you disrespected SEVERAL shop owners by breaking their shop rules and taking advantage of their prices, and you did so knowing full well that individual shops have their own rules that are your responsibility to read and follow upon entering and using any shop.

" a player could just make rules on a sign and they automatically become a server rule " - No, a player rule does not become a server rule, but a player does have the right to make the rules for their own shop, and you have to respect their rules if you're going to use their shop. If you don't, you're breaking Server Rule #1: Respect all players.

" What should have happened is to be blocked/banned from those player shops individually since it’s a player rule and not a server rule. " - Each shop owner has the right to ban you from their shop for breaking their rules, and they will make that decision on their own, if you are ever allowed to return to the server. So far it's not looking good though, because you're just full of arguments and excuses rather than owning up to your own selfish actions.