• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ThyLorax SMP Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP
Minecraft name: ThyLorax
Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Using X-ray. Zero Tolerance Policy! 

Who banned you: TheDutyPaid

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): What's up admins. It's true, I am a tried and true X-rayer on your Minecraft server. I am very impatient with starting up a new world/SMP and I thought I could expedite the process a little bit by X-raying. 100% in the wrong here. I admit, I'm a bad X-rayer because the minute I stopped mining you guys found me. During my short time on your server, I explored some of the shops and other player made POIs.I thought that they were pretty awesome and I could totally want to spend my time on this community. The server isn't a cluttered mess like the one that I was recently in and you guys use plugins that aren't completely gamebreaking like other servers. You guys have created the rare goldilocks server. I took your server for granted, and if unbanned I will not make that mistake again. I would like to be given a chance to experience the server anew without the thoughts of X-raying. 

Why do you want to come back: Like I said above, I took the server for granted and got myself booted. I experienced a fraction of what the server really has to offer in community and features. If I get my second chance I will not think about X-raying again. Rather, I will remember this moment in which I got banned and am writing this paragraph and tell myself that this server is great and is not worth cheating to speed things up little for myself. All in all, your guys's server is awesome and I would like to experience 100% of it.

Respectfully, ThyLorax

(Forgot to add the reason you guys ban Xrayers)

X-raying ruins server economies and takes away from the actual vanilla experience of Minecraft. Like you guys saw, I got 20 diamonds in less than 5 minutes. Imagine if I did that for an hour; stacks of diamonds. The server economy is fragile and if I flood it with arguably the most valuable ore in the game, it destroys others' experience. I apologize for trying to do this. My intentions were not to ruin the economy, just to help my newbie self a little. But even that reason is wrong and I should have gone through the toils that all new players must go through.

Thank you for your consideration

You say you saw our shops, but did not use them to buy diamond gear.
If you had asked, buying or trading for full diamond gear could take as little as five minutes.

While I watched you mine, you found diamonds out in the open but still chose to x-ray for more. One diamond sells for $50, diamond gear can be bought for as little as $10 each.

“I am very impatient with starting up a new world” This is part of the play, no one can get a mega base and every farm built in a day.

X-ray has become all too common, it’s my and other staff time that is taken up from the time we get free to play. Not even a sorry on your appeal.

I am going to give you a 30 day temp ban, back dated from when you were banned. You will be free to again join the server then. All your items have been taken.