• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My apology to the Admins/Mods
I thought of finally getting myself together to "Man Up" and make a formal apology to the staff to whom I Disrepected In my last few ban appeals, Making a fool of myself thinking that I could Lie my way into a appeal, which too I am ashamed off.

Look, I began here to try and play with my friends, hoping it wouldn't go as bad. I've been on servers like yours before and never X-Rayed. But my exsessive desire to become wealthy drove me into doing the things I did (In which I may have damage the economy by X-raying my way through diamonds and selling them to local shops). Even some of the materials is found were found at my house (Now gone. due to a rade of my stolen goods). I apologize for the racket I have caused with disbalancing a system.

But that isn't the only instance for why I'm here. In my most recent post of "(Insert Better Name)", I described the server as "like the other onces I've seen", implying that your server is no different than the rest. I regret posting that statement, as It was irrelevant and stupied (as well as harmfu) to say. Something else I would like to apologize for is my rudeness in the past entries, as it was inappropriate and utterly atrocious (not to mention despicable) of me, which usually beyond on how I normally hold these situations and compared to what I've been taught. 

And for my final apology goes out to Rowebot, that first (and last) staff member I've communicated with.    I have to Thank him on appealing me in my First ban appeal, as he gave me that second chance. What a fool he was thinking I could of changed. He is the staff member who knows how to handle things and how to keep order even if it meant taking away our second chance. He someone who can handle a pest like me and get over it without a second thought. In my opinion (even though I never owned a server but have worked with one) deserves a position as an administrator, and I know he's well capable of handling a position with such importance.

P.S. I like your Insult to me, it changed me a lot.

So no one asks in the future, I'm not doing this out of pure lust to get back into the server again, I would probably get myself banned again. I write this because I went out of control, thinking of things that would be considered crazy (I did try to Lie to get back in after all) and thinking I was above the Owner (Boy am I stupid). I would like to say this as well, that my friend (LizzieGuana,aka Msblurryface) did not make me write this, This apology was my idea and my idea alone. It been rough dealing with the with the guilt of my wrong-doings with Lying and cheating. It was a lesson for me to change from what seeming I evolved into. (I really let myself go). and I needed to gain control of myself and come into control again.

Once again, I apologize to Frost and Rowebot for the trouble I caused. I don't expect you to accept my apology, but I hope you understand that I truly mean my apology sincerly.

Hope to speak again,

-Jake
If you thought what I thought you obviously thought wrong.

Jake,

Apology accepted outside the game. After a major theft ban that is successfully appealed and then you x-ray -- no way are we trusting you on HT again.

Me admin, shudder no. I became mod even more reluctantly than I became the most junior of staff, enforcer/guardian. I only accepted staff because my 40,000 block long railroad was causing so much grief rollback work for the other staff.

And no, I don't get over it without a second thought. This behavior bothers me a lot. When I think there is a possibility that a person will reform after their first ban, I commit to hours double checking their ban, then after the unban, I spend more time double-checking that they keep to their bargain.

But one of my friends on the server was banned by me when they first got on -- pretty much their first hours playing MC as well -- grief was ignorance and learner's frustration. That person is now a partner building a town and a friend. Other unbanned players have become a nice part of my HT experience.

I am too old (late 50's) and experienced to expect every unbanned player will not grief again. But I still take chances because most people deserve the second chance if the first-kick-in-the-pants-ban-with-appeal gets through to them. And they become some of the better players on HT.

I hope your second-kick-in-the-pants has truly changed you for life. That would be worth the time I have spent.

Good luck with the rest of your life,

David
/Rowebot