• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 (or more) Favorite Albums
I thought of this thread idea earlier today and I thought it was pretty cool, since a lot of people on the server have a similar music taste.

That being said, reply with your top 10 (or narrow it down to 5, if possible!) and the reasons why you like that album!

(Here's my albums) 

[Image: a-flair-for-the-dramatic-albums-photo-1.jpg]1. A Flair For The Dramatic - Pierce the veil
Oooooooh my god. This album. WoWie. This album is absolutely beautiful, the lyrics are pretty, it talks about love and loss and heartbreak. The guitar in this album is beautiful, easily my favorite album ever. I recommend "Yeah Boy and Doll Face"

[Image: cover170x170.jpeg]2. Blond - Frank Ocean
After hearing much about him two months ago, I decided to look into him, because he had just released this album. When I first heard "Nikes" I was a little skeptical, because this genre was a bit out of my comfort zone of hard rock and metal. BOY WAS I WRONg. Blond is so emotional, and I still get shivers listening to it. Quite literally the reason I decided to make this thread. Fucking amazing. I recommend listening to "Self-Control" , as its my favorite.

[Image: cover100x100.jpeg] 3. This Could Be Heartbreak - The Amity Affliction
I've been listening to Amity for about 2 years now, and they're my favorite band. TAA never fail to disappoint. The perfect balance of two very different vocals, one screaming about anxiety and pain and mental illness, and one singing about trying to get over it, and how its affected them. Amity has had deep, meaningful lyrics, writing about death and dealing with having anxiety and depression. The Amity Affliction are a little bit different, so I recommend "All Fucked Up" as it's a little softer (just trust me on this lol)

[Image: cover100x100.jpeg]4. Badlands - Halsey
As Halsey describes her music, this album is about sex, love, and drugs. I highly recommend this album, it's filled with highs (sometimes quite literally) , the lows (also sometimes quite literally), and the in between. My favorite song off of this album is "Hold Me Down" or "Control" .

[Image: cover170x170.jpeg]5. Dead - Blackbear
This album is 5 songs written by Blackbear, who makes R&B music, except, these are the acoustic versions of them. It's not exactly and album since its an EP, but whatever, it's still worthy. I recommend "Weak When Ur Around"

Honorable Mentions (aka more albums that I'm too lazy to make an official ranking for)

* Twenty One Pilots - Twenty One Pilots (SUCH AN UNDERRATED ALBUM; ITS SO EMOTIONAL AND DEEP AND SAD AND BLURRYFACE CAN SMD)

* Misadventures - Pierce The Veil (STUNNING. BEAUTIFUL. WELL WRITTEN. WOW. LOTS OF LOVE)

* White Noise - PVRIS (ITS A GIRL WRITING SONGS ABOUT GIRLS!!! AMAZING! DARK ELECTRONIC / ROCK !! I LOVE THEM)

* How We Both Wondrously Perish - Being As An Ocean (EMOTIONAL. DEEP. TALKS A LITTLE ABOUT RELIGION. LITERAL TALKING IN A LOT OF THE SONGS. SO GOOD. UNDERRATED)
I have a new girlfriend now
[Image: tumblr_nwsqf8uAJM1tbo6e7o1_500.gif]

I don't have a very broad music taste, but if you're into pop punk/ rock, I would suggest Future Hearts by All Time Low, or Common Struggles by Single File. Single File is an extremely underrated band, and they're definitely worth checking out.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

(10-15-2016, 06:33 AM)tacoshell826 Wrote: I don't have a very broad music taste, but if you're into pop punk/ rock, I would suggest Future Hearts by All Time Low, or Common Struggles by Single File. Single File is an extremely underrated band, and they're definitely worth checking out.

Since ur into rock do u like mötorhead

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

(10-15-2016, 04:45 PM)firegene Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 06:33 AM)tacoshell826 Wrote: I don't have a very broad music taste, but if you're into pop punk/ rock, I would suggest Future Hearts by All Time Low, or Common Struggles by Single File. Single File is an extremely underrated band, and they're definitely worth checking out.

Since ur into rock do u like mötorhead

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
To be completely honest, I'm not really into rock. I only included that part to avoid seeming edgy or emo from my album selection.