• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Plea To Frost
Shis is right, Item sorters are bad, real bad. Also I happened to have built a selectable furnace array with 16 furnaces with a rail distributor (chest cart running over a line of hoppers). The lag caused about 5 out of 16 furnaces to not take in items and fuel, if that is not a bad problem idk what is.

The item sorter issue seems to be a problem with Spigot, not lag. It's been screwing up since 1.8.

(06-24-2016, 10:29 AM)Arrei Wrote: The item sorter issue seems to be a problem with Spigot, not lag. It's been screwing up since 1.8.

The sorters worked fine a few weeks ago.....

Did they? They were constantly screwing up for me. I'd work out what looked like a fix only for something to goof up again later.

I own a crapton of farms too, but the only issues i have is with the guardian farms and old iron farms (item sorters, mainly item elevator, guardian farm loot is crazy and it jams it up from time to time). But all farms i have/had work for the most part, so not sure what farms your having problems with. End farms are working great again (enderman stopped spawning a while back and seemed to have poor respawning but good now) My blaze farm for the most part works (redstone and pre 1.8 farm if i remember correctly). All other farms are simple spawners.

Iron farms have always been iffy with the render always changing, just something you need to get used to i guess. Some of my old iron farms seem to spawn golems even when i'm not there and they then jam up in the tunnel till i go there, not sure what the issue is (but i like it). However i have went way smaller with my new iron farm and it seems to have no issues. I'm sure Shis/David can show you the new farm if i'm not online, but it's simple, just 4x4 so it always works (if you build it somewhere that your always at, like your home or most used farm, maybe even at your store).

When i was staff and in the staff chat, believe me, if frost could make render higher he would, but he's resticted most of the time, either due to updates or specs/lag/some other issue. There is not much he can do. When he can increase it he did it.

Lastly, for auto smelter, mine works fine, it does not use a hopper cart though, just redstone/hoppers. Can't find the video as shis built it for me, but im sure he would not mind showing you his if you needed.

This is unlikely related to the render distance issue, but while we're on the topic, I have a farm that completely stopped working recently. I haven't been active for a few months until recently, and it worked fine before that but now has about a 5% success rate. It's a piston operated, fully automatic melon/pumpkin farm. It's not the render distance; it probably only covers 1 or 2 chunks. Lately, the pistons usually just don't fire, for no apparent reason, and I've been wondering why. Is it just the lag/player count that prevents it from working? Anybody know of any way to fix this without decreasing the size of the farm? It's pretty massive. Produces about a double of melon slices in less than an hour. Has tons of hoppers, but I was told back in 1.8 that it was ok for me to have it as long as it wasn't causing server lag, which it didn't seem to be. (It's currently working on other servers).
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

(06-24-2016, 09:29 PM)Beo Wrote: This is unlikely related to the render distance issue, but while we're on the topic, I have a farm that completely stopped working recently. I haven't been active for a few months until recently, and it worked fine before that but now has about a 5% success rate. It's a piston operated, fully automatic melon/pumpkin farm. It's not the render distance; it probably only covers 1 or 2 chunks. Lately, the pistons usually just don't fire, for no apparent reason, and I've been wondering why. Is it just the lag/player count that prevents it from working? Anybody know of any way to fix this without decreasing the size of the farm? It's pretty massive. Produces about a double of melon slices in less than an hour. Has tons of hoppers, but I was told back in 1.8 that it was ok for me to have it as long as it wasn't causing server lag, which it didn't seem to be. (It's currently working on other servers).
Is the area pstoned? If so the pistons can't push into a pstoned area. I had this issue with my blaze farm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

No pstones for hundreds of blocks in any direction. It's near a few other builds, like my small iron farm, my shop, and my storage unit, but nothing else with redstone either.
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

Just to dispel your doubts, Jelly: I've found my compact style iron farm, made to fit within an 11x11 chunk area, still works, meaning our render distance is in fact at 6.

Ok My Iron farm works now, But a bigger problem is hoppers. My chest cart with 16 items travel through at full speed (all powered rails) for 16 hoppers, first half of them get an upwards of 2 to 3 items and second half get 0 items. It should be 1 item per hopper. Also some hoppers fails to put any item into chest carts under them while it say Enabled = True in F3 mode. What is going on?