• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban or limit auctioning
Someone started an auctioning spree today, not gonna point fingers, and lots more people started auctioning.

But the only difference between advertising and auctioning is that there is no shop chest, and people can flood chat calling numbers. 
If there's a limit of one advertisement every 5 minutes (spacing it out), so should auctioning calls. 
I do not wish to see someone saying "auctioning 30 strings starting bid $0" every 20 seconds. 

There are currently no rules against auctioning, but Do something about it, please.

Don't really see this happening. It's not a huge problem.

That said, the advertising rule does apply to any kind of ad, including auctions.

It should be mentioned, however, that there was never any rule deciding it had to be five minutes. One minute was the bare minimum, that's all.

Think i saw frost yesterday saying he would look into getting an non intrusive auction plugin.

Ok I've had enough, King_Temmie is auctioning 3 redstone blocks, 3 stacks of podzol, and 4 brewing stands separately, one after the other. It is flooding chat, and the amount of stuff is way too small for an auction. Please enforce this guy and whoever wants to spam useless auctions. I know Frost is getting a plug in, but in the mean time, clear my chat screen a bit Thank you.

Or you can clear it. It's called /ignore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

Wouldn't clear up the legion of people one-upping each other ten cents at a time, though.

Just ignore everyone regardless, works for me