Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned after 12 hours
Server you were banned on (SMP): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: YodaBadger

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Grimm

Why should you be unbanned: I joined the server thinking it wouldn't be great because it had just been updated, I then started mining using an x-ray texture pack. I then found out the community was actually really nice. I then bought a rank after being on the server for only 1 hour (I don't normally buy ranks) I bought it because I thought it would help the server and I wanted to have unlimited set-home's which would have been useful. I then found a really nice person called That70s and we got along well, I joined her base and I removed the texture pack which I can prove if you wish to do a file check.

Why do you want to come back: I was really enjoying the community and I had just bought a 45$ rank.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Yoda

[23:13:41] Yoda Badger: I have a xray texture pack which i use on servers to catch up with people because i am behind...
[23:14:05] Yoda Badger: I then realised its not a server based on items but on how you use them and generate profits by other means
[23:14:31] Yoda Badger: So i decided... Ill get a rank to help out the server and to get a few bonuses instead of xraying...
[23:15:14] Yoda Badger: I waited all of a few minutes for the thing to come through... when it did i found a friend called Thorassassin who let me use his enderman farm for a small fee... This got me some xp
[23:15:48] Yoda Badger: Then I found another person called That70s and she is really nice and the person who you helped change the chests for
[23:16:31] Yoda Badger: After i joined with her i thought... there is no need for the texture pack anymore... I am settled have a few tools, xp and friends... I dont need the texture pack
[23:16:44] Yoda Badger: So i deleted it and went back to faithful which i normally use.
[23:16:56] Yoda Badger: If you wish you can check my files and see that it has gone
[23:17:42] Yoda Badger: I didnt realise xraying like 30 diamonds to get myself up to speed with everyone else was a really bad idea at the time
[23:17:57] Yoda Badger: I wasn't thinking straight and for that I am really sorry...

To start, I appreciate your honesty. There have been too many people who have lied to my face, try to shirk the responsibility, or try to minimize the crime of x-raying. I do empathize with the fact that you spent $45 on this server for a rank, but–for fairness' sake–the staff-team cannot let that be a deciding factor in how you are treated.

That being said, when it comes to x-ray bans, they get treated with a lot of scrutiny and have a high benchmark that needs to be met. With that in mind, what we ask of people is to use introspection and induction to realize how their actions have further, long-term consequences than one thought. Basically, we ask people to understand and explain the following:

Why is x-raying banned on most server?
How can x-raying affect others?
How can x-raying affect the economy?
And then an apology.

If you can provide a thought-out response that are sufficiently a paragraph in length to each of those, then you have a good chance of being unbanned. This has been the standard sought for a long time.

Now, I want you realize this, we were not always this lenient. There was a long-period–after catching so many people x-raying–that we instituted a zero-tolerance policy on cheating. Anyone caught cheating were black-bagged and their appeals automatically denied; we even did this to around 8 [VIP3] players. The reason I'm informing you of this is that, the rate of people caught–in which we instituted a zero-tolerance policy–was around 56+ people in 1 month. Just these past 7 days alone, I have personally caught 29–there are others that have been caught. In this regard, the rate has effectively tripled. I want you to realize how lucky you are that you can appeal right now. Please, do not squander the opportunity. Take your time, think through your response, and give it your best shot.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Why is x-raying banned on most server? - In my opinion x-raying is banned on most servers because it gives a major advantage to the user, on a lot of servers where there isn't rollbacks and protection it lets people just look around freely and take items that other people have earned and worked for. This is unfair on them and they normally don't get the items back because they don't remember or the server doesn't have appropriate plugins to rollback. Most servers ban people for xraying so that the community isn't demoralised because the owners don't do anything. The difference with this server is that the staff care about the well being of the players and try to do everything to stop xrayers that is why they are banned even if it just to gather resources because they might do something bad with it.

How can x-raying affect others? - Xraying affects others because people make shops with the resources that they unfairly obtained and can sell them at lower prices, this means that the people that work hard to find all the resources don't get fairly paid and have to work harder to obtain a stack of diamonds in an hour of that an xrayer with a fortune pickaxe can earn in about 5 minutes.

How can x-raying affect the economy? - It affects the economy because it decreases the overall price of the items because the xrayer can sell them for cheaper because they can spend less time searching for it and get it quicker. It also means that the smaller shops don't get as much business as the larger shops who can already charge lower prices because they have enough suppliers. Which means that the people with small shops stop doing business and only the large shops succeed in the shopping district.

I am sincerely sorry for xraying, it was stupid of me for doing it. I did it because I didn't think about what I was doing and I was lazy and should have gained the items fairly and play the game how it was designed and not how I wanted to cheat to get the items. Again I am really sorry for xraying and I have already deleted the texture pack.

Thank you for the effort. By the time this is posted your account will be unbanned. Just be aware that HT staff does not treat repeat-offenders kindly and that further indiscretions may be met with a permanent-ban based on the amount or quality of future offenses.

Welcome back to HomeTownMC SMP.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Thank you so much, I will not ruin your trust!

Yoda