HomeTown Forums
Official Poll on Reset - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Official Poll on Reset (/showthread.php?tid=1042)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Official Poll on Reset - Grimm_Wolfe - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 05:21 AM)_JELLy__ Wrote: Option 1 is do nothing? Move the spawn to the new world and purge this old one of dirt huts or holes. Also saves some space, once I purge some old builds. And perhaps mob spawn will improve, idk if the mob spawn rate is based on # of players in a world or on the server in general. I do think with our population a new world needed to be added or the current one expanded, and option 2 does not seem to solve the crowding issue, people are gonna come and go as usual and we'll need another reset to clean the fields. Also new world makes the need of a resource world obsolete.

- Option 1 is do what we've been doing since the last time we talked of a reset, which is when the anti-reset side got its way.  We've tried patching up the server for over a year now–much in the way you've already suggested–and it's ultimately ended in failure; I have already stated this previously.  We have even more issues than we did back then, too.  The anti-reset side has had its way–as Chicken has pointed out–and their way has proven fruitless as we've gone full-circle and have ended up back here talking about a reset.  Pro-reset deserves its chance to prove itself.

- As Saiyaka stated, going around a 40k x 40k block map to purge any builds considered insignificant is not practical nor feasible.  A reset will clear all of those builds in an instant.  I will also reiterate this point, we have lost the CoreProtect logs and can no longer determine how old a build is nor who owned what, which only further compounds the issue of any proposal in staff manually purging builds.  Also–as I've said before–we would not be getting a new world until Mojang releases new biomes, whenever that will be.  We could effectively be sitting on a decaying, glitchy server for a year or more before we can start an additional, better map on the server.  The inaction and fruitless solutions of anti-reset have gotten us nowhere and will get us nowhere; a new world is necessary now.

- Do you not see the point?  We've been on this map for 3 years and it's overcrowded.  If we reset, the overcrowding issue will be addressed effectively for another 3 years before a reset may be necessary.  It would be a cycle, but it would be a cycle that actually accomplished addressing overcrowding in a practical manner.  Like I have stated before, this server will not last forever, and I would rather see this server flourish anew than pieced back together like some malfunctioning Frankenstein's monster.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - Rividium - 07-10-2016

I voted for option 2

RE: Official Poll on Reset - malala123 - 07-10-2016

Option 2

RE: Official Poll on Reset - OrkasaurusRex - 07-10-2016

I'm a fairly recent member to the server, so while I understand folks wanting change who've been here a while, I've worked extremely hard to build what I currently have, and to have everything suddenly go back to zero is not palatable to me.

I understand the issues facing the main server world and the headaches that must be causing staff, so I would ask that staff considering allowing some sort of transfer from the current world to the new, of either money, or maybe creating a temporary bank world where users can have a certain number of chests they can move items to in order to bring them into the new world, or at the very least, let us bring our P-stones with us, that or change the protection system. Something.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - TheOnlyKat - 07-10-2016

Quick reminder to those who have voted and need to update their bio! Please use the link [Here] if you need help on changing it. When changing your Bio please use your full in game name. Your vote matters, thank you.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - GhostBuster123 - 07-10-2016

Well I guess because I did not put my official username into this forum post It did not count so this is the third and final time for me to be posting on this forum post.

So I am Ghostbuster owner of the Building company BC aka buildcorp and I am for option2 for the SERVSET desition.

I think that as much as expanding the borders may help for the short term it make everything lag the last time we expanded it we lost a tone of people due to lag and I don't think we should see that again. As well the excuse that land is not that hard to find is true but it takes several /randoms to find the best place for building and my company is dependent on good towns and places for building. And I mean come on the nether needs serious reboot quartz has never been so expensive .

ECONOMY: this economy needs serious fixing just like the rich getting richer they are feeding off the newer players hell even I do it from time to time . it is a quick and easy way of making cash and the truth is the newer players have no way of actually making that money back . it even happened to me when I first came on to the server. The suggestions I have offered to fix this economy is a reset to allow everyone to be equal and a STOCK MARKET PLUGIN which I did post and a previous forum post just yesterday . A system where it can help regulate the price of materials we all talked about as well allows the server to become more business , towns, and shop friendly for everyone. I through some ideas around that actually keeps limits of time for that stock to be held and sold so people could not cash out on a huge level.  as well IT allows the server to see how much cash is really in circulation and also it shows where the economy is headed short and long term and there are bugs to the idea but nothing we can not work out with a test trial is option 2 is taken. which at this point seems like it will.

I am for this as well to allow the server to make new memories we can not hold on to the past forever and it is not fair that we are forcing players to build in areas that might be under or over someone else's build breaking the rules. And also anyone who builds shit for people like my self will make a shit tone of cash off of people trying to rebuild what was lost that is a chance for the building industry and people to really make some cash flow come in. I do hope people will consider these options it is a future of HT it really is and one that will be more fair for the players and at the same time will allow everyone to grow as players, and voters

RE: Official Poll on Reset - Grimm_Wolfe - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 08:57 PM)OrkasaurusRex Wrote: I'm a fairly recent member to the server, so while I understand folks wanting change who've been here a while, I've worked extremely hard to build what I currently have, and to have everything suddenly go back to zero is not palatable to me.

I understand the issues facing the main server world and the headaches that must be causing staff, so I would ask that staff considering allowing some sort of transfer from the current world to the new, of either money, or maybe creating a temporary bank world where users can have a certain number of chests they can move items to in order to bring them into the new world, or at the very least, let us bring our P-stones with us, that or change the protection system. Something.

- It's not just staff, there are many players being affected by these issues.  I have personally listed these before when responding to Thorssassin and Jelly.

- It's already been stated that any transfer between worlds will not be allowed if Option 2 wins; people need to drop this notion.

- For the sake of an economy reset via Option 2, I have already stated–along with others–that allowing people to bring over items will give them an unfair advantage in a new world.  What will happen is this: in an attempt to maintain their balances, people will likely transfer their whole balance into valuable resources and try to maintain their standing in the new economy, which will ultimately defeat the purpose of trying to reset the whole economy.  The options are quite clear.  Keep your stuff at the detrimental cost to the server, or lose your stuff to keep the server and community alive for future players–no middle ground has been offered.

- It's already been stated a few times that the protection plugin will be changed.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - undormant - 07-10-2016

(07-09-2016, 06:48 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I'm with option 2. Yes, there is many builds I own, like many others. Yes, my bal ($12788.79) will be gone. However its not like its just one person this affects, is everyone. You're not singled out, this is a thing everyone will be apart of. You can even go to the old world and copy over what you have done. Therefore I'm with Option 2.

Copy them manually brick by brick? This isn't news lol. Can I copy in a better way?

RE: Official Poll on Reset - The_Epic_Legend - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 09:29 PM)undormant Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 06:48 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I'm with option 2. Yes, there is many builds I own, like many others. Yes, my bal ($12788.79) will be gone. However its not like its just one person this affects, is everyone. You're not singled out, this is a thing everyone will be apart of. You can even go to the old world and copy over what you have done. Therefore I'm with Option 2.

Copy them manually brick by brick? This isn't news lol. Can I copy in a better way?

maybe you don't copy them at all? I'm going to be copying my Pirate Ship and my Airship, those are MASSIVE BUILDS and guess what. ill deal with it. they already said there is NO WAY they will do ANYTHING for option 2

RE: Official Poll on Reset - Saiyaka - 07-10-2016

Just a quick comment: if we reset now, a reset again will no longer be necessary for an extremely long period of time, since a lot of the issues that have existed for literally years will now be fixed. It won't turn into a 3 year cycle. Infact, if we had reset like we wanted to a year ago, then we wouldn't be trying to reset now or anytime soon.

This I will tell all of you. If we don't reset NOW, we will reset LATER. And next time there probably wont be a poll because we won't be able to sustain the current way of operating things for much longer, whenever that will be. It's better to reset now and cut our losses, rather than wait another year and have an extra year of stuff to lose. Again.