HomeTown Forums
Official Poll on Reset - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Official Poll on Reset (/showthread.php?tid=1042)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Official Poll on Reset - alakazamex1 - 07-09-2016

Although I would like to keep my builds, I am kind of happy that i can just go visit em every once in a while, a fresh start will let me go and build a new different themed town without finding old builds in the way.
Option2 !

RE: Official Poll on Reset - PBchaser - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 10:39 AM)_JELLy__ Wrote: More practical means nothing to me. The time I used to build those builds are immense. I would not want to build my iron farm or guardian farm again. it is pure tediousness that I would rather not go through again. Will I build for another three years straight and another reset??? That is unthathomable.

I'm not happy about losing all my builds either, and thus I voted option 1.  I just built and nearly fully stocked a store and public zombie xp farm that I spent months on and was just getting ready to have the warps set and made public ... now a complete waste of time.  My builds pale in comparison to jellytree and jellyiron; those are awesome builds which I used and really appreciate you making.  Great work _JELLy__, I empathize.

(07-09-2016, 11:02 AM)itsynibbles Wrote: i wonder if theres any thought given to the number of voters who have only been here a month and have nothing to lose.

Exactly.  Angry

RE: Official Poll on Reset - _JELLy__ - 07-09-2016

Option 1, and thanks for the support.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - Grimm_Wolfe - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 10:01 AM)Thorsassin Wrote: I agreed it's a dire issue yes, that happens in discussions, but not a reason for a reset in my opinion. the server is worth keeping as is with its band aids with only a few regulars affected so far and for the most part recompensated. Basically while its serious, it's not game breaking for every player on the server where the server needs to be reset.

So you're okay with the severely broken economy, the server glitching to the point people lost resources/homes/warps, all CoreProtect logs being purged because of said glitch, world-guard regions taking up too much data-space, x amount of inactive players with active redstone clocks causing lag, horses are now broken on the server, overcrowding, an outdated OverWorld, and you're saying we don't have enough issues to warrant a server restart?  What about when the inactive players come back and find themselves affected by a glitch, do they not matter then?  It may not be game-breaking for 100% of the players, but there are enough to warrant a reset.

You're also–again–contradicting yourself.  You cannot agree with me saying we're dealing with a dire issue and then go on to effectively say, "yes, it's serious, but not serious enough to warrant a reset".  When I say "dire issue", I mean it's an issue that demands an immediate, effective solution to be fixed; an issue whose solution is non-negotiable for the sake of the server's future.  When you try mitigating my statements' nature, you're ignoring what I've said.

In my opinion, it seems to me that you will never draw a line for when we should reset as long you have yours.  At the very least, that's how your argument makes you sound.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - Danoir_ - 07-09-2016

I think economy fix is better, therefore option 2. I like the creative idea too, although I will leave because _LordStark no longer actively plays. My SP copy of my builds is creative, so I won't have a problem starting. The reason I played multiplayer at all is to play with a friend I knew IRL, Stark. Since he's inactive, I see no point in staying, but I think 2 is better for the server. If Stark comes back, I will too. I will miss the community, but it's not the same without someone I actually know.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - _JELLy__ - 07-09-2016

Economy reset is better? You know how long I spent on selling ebooks to get me to my bal where I can spend money as I wish to complete projects and afford warps for all of the server to enjoy. I have made most of my farms free because I can afford to, for those less wealthy or new players. And I do not think a eco reset will change the prices of say diamonds. Players will build their shops in the new world in consideration of the old prices unless the server shop mentioned buys diamonds.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - Arayvek - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 08:32 PM)_JELLy__ Wrote: Economy reset is better? You know how long I spent on selling ebooks to get me to my bal where I can spend money as I wish to complete projects and afford warps for all of the server to enjoy. I have made most of my farms free because I can afford to, for those less wealthy or new players. And I do not think a eco reset will change the prices of say diamonds. Players will build their shops in the new world in consideration of the old prices unless the server shop mentioned buys diamonds.

We have a plan for the economy or we wouldn't be doing this. Yes you sold a lot and worked hard.. But the old players who have a lot of stuff and are saying no to the reset are being selfish and putting their needs above everyone else.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - Grimm_Wolfe - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 08:43 PM)Arayvek Wrote: We have a plan for the economy or we wouldn't be doing this. Yes you sold a lot and worked hard.. But the old players who have a lot of stuff and are saying no to the reset are being selfish and putting their needs above everyone else.

It's not even needs, it's wants.  They want to keep their builds, their money, their resources, and their prestige at the detrimental cost to the server.  We need a reset to fix the server entirely, they don't want a reset to keep their builds.  No matter how they phrase it, they are putting more value to personal wants than overarching needs–pure selfishness.

RE: Official Poll on Reset - PocketPro - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 06:30 AM)LynxThe1st Wrote: OPTION 2
pls

ye. I agree

Option 1 or 2 - Hypokus - 07-09-2016

Option 2 ^-^
Hypokus