HomeTown Forums
Fine Arts - Printable Version

+- HomeTown Forums (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://hometownmc.com:443/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Fine Arts (/showthread.php?tid=228)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Fine Arts - Chlo - 05-26-2016

idk man I just do what I gotta do

Fine Arts - Oshakai - 05-27-2016

[Image: 7de633d8b9bf70a2a08d467e8bfda6c2.jpg]

RE: Fine Arts - TheOnlyKat - 05-31-2016

Many of you may know who this is:
[Image: MiCzswR.png]
Its not finished yet. Just a little preview Smile

RE: Fine Arts - Oshakai - 05-31-2016

wHy sO good?

I also did some concept art for a story I'm writing. Keep in mind all I had was crayola.

[Image: b9c73c6e6b3efa327f5f82d3c1b080e9.jpg]

RE: Fine Arts - ZoBot_ - 06-01-2016

(05-31-2016, 08:18 PM)Oshakai Wrote: wHy sO good?

I also did some concept art for astory I'm writing. Keep in mind all I had was crayola.

[Image: b9c73c6e6b3efa327f5f82d3c1b080e9.jpg]
Crayola is better than Asda's own brand trust me they don't even colour. What type of pencil doesn't work on paper seriously.

RE: Fine Arts - Cookie___Monster - 06-01-2016

Updates!

Okay, for my last drawing, I fucked it up... bad.  I tried adding a charcoal background without practicing on another piece of paper first.  It fucked everything up.  Overconfidence is crap.  I guess the drawing was an experiment in the first place for 0.3mm anyway Sad. I'll upload a pic if any of you ask, otherwise nah.

Oh, and an apology for being very absent on the server for the past couple of months.  School, work, and volunteering has taken up my life in the last few months (sry Lexi).  Anyway, school ends for me in two weeks, so I should be able to spend more time with you guys <3.

I've also started another drawing! I've learned from my mistakes this time :/.  I started with the background first by adding a layer of charcoal dust to my paper, then making the outline by erasing the charcoal with a kneaded eraser, mainly to (eventually) give the effect of the woman having white-ish hair.  I'm not sure if it'll be hard to see the strands of hair for you guys though.  Try squinting real hard, you'll see something.  I can see it just fine, so it's probably just my phone's camera.  I've also had to wear a rubber glove (like those that doctors/nurses wear), so that I don't make another fingerprint in the charcoal.  You can see my print just below her waist on the right side (its the dark circle).  After I made the eraser outline, I lightly made the outline of the chin, elbows, arms, etc. with the pencil.  I'm still experimenting with my 0.3mm pencil, it has 2H graphite in it btw.  Below I have completed the outline of the woman.  My pencil for size relevance.

For anyone interested in my posts, I have a couple questions:
  -Do you guys like me posting a paragraph/walkthrough of what I do to get my end product?
  -Do you guys want me to post a link to the pic that I base my drawings off of, for reference or credit purposes to the model?

[Image: 8J60fiK.jpg]

RE: Fine Arts - Reggiequeen - 06-01-2016

I love there is a thread for this stuff! 
I actually took 3 Drawing classes for the last 3 semesters at my community collage! I am going into Industrial Design and I need to know how to design and draw before I can get into the studio classes. 
Most of what I drew is of naked models, because that's how you learn to draw the body. However, here are some pictures that are more covered up and don't show the private parts. 
http://postimg.org/image/xfdcb69rf/
http://postimg.org/image/8zh6n4hkb/

RE: Fine Arts - TheOnlyKat - 06-03-2016

So recently Melanie Martinez posted a new video for her song "Alphabet Boy"
So I thought I would draw out most of the song!
(You'll need to listen to the song to understand the picture)

Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH-5aUFoF9g

My Photo:
[Image: GJ62zCz.png]

RE: Fine Arts - ZoBot_ - 06-12-2016

(06-01-2016, 04:06 PM)Cookie___Monster Wrote: Updates!

Okay, for my last drawing, I fucked it up... bad.  I tried adding a charcoal background without practicing on another piece of paper first.  It fucked everything up.  Overconfidence is crap.  I guess the drawing was an experiment in the first place for 0.3mm anyway Sad. I'll upload a pic if any of you ask, otherwise nah.

Oh, and an apology for being very absent on the server for the past couple of months.  School, work, and volunteering has taken up my life in the last few months (sry Lexi).  Anyway, school ends for me in two weeks, so I should be able to spend more time with you guys <3.

I've also started another drawing! I've learned from my mistakes this time :/.  I started with the background first by adding a layer of charcoal dust to my paper, then making the outline by erasing the charcoal with a kneaded eraser, mainly to (eventually) give the effect of the woman having white-ish hair.  I'm not sure if it'll be hard to see the strands of hair for you guys though.  Try squinting real hard, you'll see something.  I can see it just fine, so it's probably just my phone's camera.  I've also had to wear a rubber glove (like those that doctors/nurses wear), so that I don't make another fingerprint in the charcoal.  You can see my print just below her waist on the right side (its the dark circle).  After I made the eraser outline, I lightly made the outline of the chin, elbows, arms, etc. with the pencil.  I'm still experimenting with my 0.3mm pencil, it has 2H graphite in it btw.  Below I have completed the outline of the woman.  My pencil for size relevance.

For anyone interested in my posts, I have a couple questions:
  -Do you guys like me posting a paragraph/walkthrough of what I do to get my end product?
  -Do you guys want me to post a link to the pic that I base my drawings off of, for reference or credit purposes to the model?

[Image: 8J60fiK.jpg]
Yes and yes, it's interesting to know how you create certain details in your work. Personally, I love all your pieces! Just keep up with posting on your insta though Tongue

[Image: NYxiEi9.jpg]
This took me quite a while, but I'm proud of the silhouettes- not sure about the background though.

RE: Fine Arts - TheNamesGames - 06-27-2016

Some say that pictures aint art, but i beg to differ. This is by far the best farawayselfie i have taken from myself ever (quite propably cuz my facedoesnt show in there) this is also the first thing ive sent to fine arts thread... Ive finally found out how to send pics on forums! Gg me...

[attachment=167]