• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hey, long time no see (Ban Appeal)
Server you were banned on (SMP): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: The_Sly_Fox-(Banned Name I think) Arteriam-(New Name)

Reason for your ban: Rudeness, disrespect, and moronic jokes

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: I should be unbanned because I truly am sorry. What I did was uncalled for, disrespectful, wrong, and offensive. I realize now that in today's world offense is a really big deal. I will take in to consideration that my words might offend someone and that I need to think about what I say before I say it. Im sorry, I will try my hardest to never offend anyone ever again.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because I miss the server. It's been a long time. I miss the players, I miss the staff, and I miss the warm community in general. I would like to see how things have changed, who's new, and who's still here.

(12-27-2016, 05:48 AM)The_Sly_Fox Wrote: Why should you be unbanned: I should be unbanned because I truly am sorry. What I did was uncalled for, disrespectful, wrong, and offensive. I realize now that in today's world offense is a really big deal. I will take in to consideration that my words might offend someone and that I need to think about what I say before I say it. Im sorry, I will try my hardest to never offend anyone ever again.

It's been awhile.  Do you recall exactly what you said?  There were a few instances where you've said something offensive, but I want to make sure you're giving a sincere apology rather than a vague blanket statement.

If you can apologize for the specific offense–with specific details to the words you used–and apologize for your actions, then you may be unbanned.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I recall abortion and suicide, which I am sorry about, I know those are two VERY sensitive subjects. I cannot specifically quote a sentence though. Someone might have said "Abortion is not a subject to talk about" and I might have said "Fine I'll go commit suicide" or, "then commit suicide" It's been too long for my memory Im sorry.

I know I was warned and people kept telling me to drop it but I kept dragging it on.

You also made rape jokes and–if I recall right-tried playing down the severity of the joke and criticize the sensitivity of the subject to other people. Now, there are people here who have openly stated that I should deny your appeal, some of those people I ask for advisement on certain matters and whose judgement I trust. However, according to your ban message, I allowed an appeal for your actions. The fact you recalled some of your actions and noted why they caused your ban helps your case, it shows introspection.

Here's the deal: If you can make it a permanent goal to not cause further chat disturbances, then you will be allowed back into the community. This–of course–comes with a caveat. If you start causing issues again of a similar nature, then you will be permanently banned for repeated offenses.

Will you accept these conditions?

HomeTown Rulebook

I accept. I will make an effor to no longer offend people and cause issues. If I do however offend people or cause issues again I will be perminantly banned.

Okay. Welcome back to HomeTownMC. Try to stay out of trouble.

HomeTown Rulebook