• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words
I'll chime in on this, nothing better to do at 4am.
(I am not Staff).

Firstly, Thank you for understanding the stresses of staff on Hometown. They don't get as much credit to the smoothness of the experience as they should.

Second, I can understand people getting triggered by the word 'rape'. It is a sensitive issue for some; particularly if there are those that play who have been sexually assaulted at one point in their past. That being said, In my opinion context is what is important here. In the sentence "takes a real jack off to rape the public farm and not replant", rape is referring to an action of plundering. This is exactly how Bubba_Zanettie used the word in the sentence. (If you don't believe me, look it up folks).

Thirdly, Hometown is indeed a mature server, and while swearing is allowed, as well as using such words as "rape", directing those towards somebody is not allowed, as was found out the first time a warning was issued. This is not what occurred here if what was said is true. Maybe using a synonym in the next instance would be best, as many might get triggered when that word is used. In my opinion though, it was fine to use the word in that context. If others take issue with it, either they can message you directly, and have a debate on pm, or can learn how to read a dictionary. Words can have multiple definitions.

Fourthly, As frustrated as you are by this happening, Next time if this happens it would probably be best to contact a staff member directly and let them handle it instead of posting to the forums. But hey, it gave me something to do for a few minutes, so thank you.

Tldr: Don't let other's ignorance and butthurt personalities get in the way of you having fun, but maybe use more creative synonyms next time, else talk to staff.
[Image: tWuSvOo.gif]
Miniwoop-woop! 
Check out Warp Bshop! 

Messages In This Thread
Words - by Bubba_Zanettie - 10-23-2016, 01:16 PM
RE: Words - by Gilgamesh - 10-23-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Words - by Grimm_Wolfe - 10-23-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Words - by Bubba_Zanettie - 10-23-2016, 09:02 PM
RE: Words - by The_Epic_Legend - 10-24-2016, 12:51 AM
RE: Words - by TheOnlyKat - 10-24-2016, 05:00 AM