• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal
I did not intentionally lie. I use the very bottom of lava to feel around. I thought that "lava trick" would refer to the exact thing I used years ago.  Yes, I did set up some stations to do a lava trick, however, after failing to do it, I gave up. After trying to get it to work (referencing a method I later talk about), I think I remember noting the pond from above and try to you that to continue. I remember doing that feel by feel. If this is factually wrong, and I look as if I am lying, please do not attribute this to any malice.  I can show you what I see when I am under lava. I don't know how to put the pictures in here. But essentially, a tiny ring at the player's feet can be somewhat clear. I use that, burning, to "see" what is at the bottom. I am sure you watched me do this, if my recalling is correct, I found that piece through this method, which I, and perhaps with faulty memory, thought was fair. A little cost and setup to do this, but given that all players seen the same thing, I did. (Again referring to a method I talk about below)

After some reflection to my original ban request. I realize I am misremembering some details. Back then, I used shaders on forge client. One shader I found to be the best and only could run it back then. This had the side effect of being able to see clear as day under lava. I, now, cannot use shaders. This is a 1.19,.4 game fabric launch, where the mod that I would need to use shaders, does not work properly. So before my inability to use shaders occurred, I stopped using the shaders that I used for that, and used other, fair shaders, some other players were using. Now, I cannot even enable shaders to do this, so I believe I was correct with this. However, here is the issue. I found another way to look under lava. I found it fair, in my mind because any player can do it, with a vanilla game launch. If a player is standing in lava given strict circumstances, they are able to witness a frame of where the lava fog disappears, giving the player the ability to see hidden blocks that they would not otherwise see, without the radius trick I mentioned before. I took it as a message as to not continue using the Oceana shaders I had, in the name of fairness. Likewise, I was not told, at least by her, that I was not allowed to use any lava tricks.  Referring back to illogicalSong's last message in my previous encounter with lava tricks, message #4, she did not say what I am and not am not allowed to use. I voluntarily stopped using the shaders that caused that situation in the first place. I have not used it since. This has unintentionally planted this seed in my mind that if a player with my preventative measures with lava damage, that it was fair to all to use. Now that I have grown as a person considerably since then, and will continue to do so, I realize that this is likely to be considered unfair by staff as unfair and exploitative. I would ask for leniency regarding my misuse of information I held to be true, and having it not line up in reality. If you can understand where I am genuinely coming from and given this ticket back to the server. Now that I remember how to do this accurately, I can personally show staff, with or without a live stream over discord, in a private call this way of using lava, (I want to show this in the discord call so if this is perceived to be deceptive, you do not need to worry about players using this in increased levels than they might currently be doing)

After edits, I decided to clear up my message. The lava trick from years ago is what I was referring to one not using. I use 2 other methods, the only one I used here is the fairest, where I scan the floor with my feet. I could not get my other lava trick to work at the time. But since my ban, I was able to relearn the trick and explain how to do it to staff. I cannot use shaders after switching mod launchers to fabric, I did this before I joined back after my 4-month break. The mod to use Optifine, required to use shaders, needs "OptiFabric", which does not launch with 1.19.4. The only version I use for actual game play.

Messages In This Thread
Ban appeal - by Death - 07-05-2023, 05:02 AM
RE: Ban appeal - by harkins2011 - 07-05-2023, 09:41 AM
RE: Ban appeal - by TheDutyPaid - 07-05-2023, 07:51 PM
RE: Ban appeal - by Death - 07-05-2023, 10:01 PM
RE: Ban appeal - by TheDutyPaid - 07-05-2023, 11:52 PM
RE: Ban appeal - by Death - 07-06-2023, 12:46 AM
RE: Ban appeal - by TheDutyPaid - 07-06-2023, 01:39 AM
RE: Ban appeal - by Death - 07-06-2023, 03:34 AM
RE: Ban appeal - by TheDutyPaid - 07-06-2023, 07:39 AM
RE: Ban appeal - by Death - 07-06-2023, 10:01 AM
RE: Ban appeal - by TheDutyPaid - 07-11-2023, 04:02 AM