• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Abuse and Rule Change
I think it is quite clear that Greenview could've and should've taken measures to prevent flooding the global chat with information mostly irrelevant to other players. Although staff interpretation of the rule is debatable, it is definitely within the scope of the staff to prevent what could be seen as spam (although the good intentions are there and the intention of 'deliberately annoying' is likely not there). 

Don't turn this into an us vs them, big vs small battle. The right thing for all of Greenview to do instead of kicking up such a fuss would be simply to take it up with superiors. Only if that response is inadequate should this all be kicked up. Greenview continues to be giving the staff headaches and the rapid growth of the town seems to be beyond the ability of mayors to make sure that there are structures which facilitate discussion and prevent negative interactions with staff.

I don't see any unfair treatment here - I don't see any "threat" or "force". I see a manipulation of the rules in order to fit general sentiment and an area which server staff need to reform their approach to. 

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech but rather the staff working to make sure that there is open discussion between members of the community without inhibition by towns who should be setting up effective communication channels themselves.

I think that the incorporation of town based text channels into the discord would be a good step forward from a staff perspective whilst Greenview staff really need to look at their structures more. I haven't seen such a large town with such a lack of oversight over the actions of their members and I've spent hundreds of hours on town servers.

This conflict between Greenview members and the server staff does not seem like a large issue worthy of intense discussion in isolation. This individual incident is for Greenview and the staff to work out, with reform needed in the management of towns on the server both from a staff and a mayoral standpoint.

We don't need conflict - we need discussion and I really do hope Greenview members don't rush to back up their fellow residents before getting the whole story.

Messages In This Thread
Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by NoDefiance - 11-13-2018, 07:31 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by Cjweasley - 11-13-2018, 09:08 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by derpedo - 11-13-2018, 09:29 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by TransientReverie - 11-13-2018, 09:25 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by NoDefiance - 11-14-2018, 04:41 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by AmbularD - 11-14-2018, 05:36 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by GreenPigeon - 11-15-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by NoDefiance - 11-15-2018, 06:31 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by Cjweasley - 11-13-2018, 09:34 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by Cil - 11-13-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Staff Abuse and Rule Change - by Cjweasley - 11-13-2018, 09:39 AM