• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Shift Tales
(10-16-2017, 08:14 PM)TheNamesGames Wrote: Grimm you better watch out or the lost souls of all the one’s youve been roasting will come with Mojang lawsuits to claim your head

lmfao that just reminds me of PaulSwannMLG.  Read the last two comments I posted, this 13 year-old threatened a lawsuit with "his lawyer" to shut us down. xD
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

A 13-year old spoiled brat with an army of lawyers, the result is always cruel.
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

(10-17-2017, 12:20 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 08:14 PM)TheNamesGames Wrote: Grimm you better watch out or the lost souls of all the one’s youve been roasting will come with Mojang lawsuits to claim your head

lmfao that just reminds me of PaulSwannMLG.  Read the last two comments I posted, this 13 year-old threatened a lawsuit with "his lawyer" to shut us down. xD

Literally lmao rn xD
Check out these warps:
PemiShop- Buy and sell items!
PemiSlime - $900 for life, two chunk AFK slime farm!
Paint - Free easels and dye for all!
Court - For all your minor disputes!

(10-17-2017, 12:20 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:

Holy shit, that link is hysterical Gromm

Long Time, No See
This actually has two separate stories.

Story #1 happened last week and few weeks prior.  A few weeks ago, a woman and her son pulled up to order donuts.  Took me a moment to realize I knew them, I couldn't put a name to the face until 15min later.  They were the mother and brother of a former co-worker of mine from highschool when I taught chess with a local organization.  They came by again last week and I talked about knowing her son, she asked for my name, and then recognized me after that.  I asked if she could give my regards to the son I knew before she left.

Story #2 happened yesterday.  I was working the front-counter when a woman entered the store.  We looked at each other for a couple of seconds until we recognized one another, we were classmates in a statistic/research method class we both took in 2014 and we were in the same study-group.  It was a pretty unforgiving class, all the tests/quizzes were all cumulative and the professor (who was one of my favorites) graded tough.  I hadn't seen her since then either.  She had moved to Mexico at the end of the semester.  Her apartment she shared with her family burned down and they were left with nothing, so they went to live with family until they could re-establish themselves.  The class had a small donation thing we ran to get some basic needs met for her before she left.  It was nice seeing her after three years and we chatted briefly about what's happened over the years.  She's in a nursing program now and her colleagues tasked her with donut-duty yesterday.  You never know who you'll run into working in the food-industry.

Trash Dumpster Wildlife
There are two types of animals I've heard about rummaging through our dumpster.  The first are honeybees.  They're attracted to the glazes, jellies, and fillings we use in our donuts.  Anytime your take the trash out, you have to chuck all the trash out in one go and run, or risk getting stung to shit.  The other was told by Mother.  She talked about taking the trash out and hearing hissing.  She looked around frantically until she looked up onto the fence-gate surrounding the dumpster.  She saw a female opossum and its babies riding on her back hissing at her.  She left the trash on the ground and went back inside to work with a "fuck that" attitude towards the whole scenario. lol

HomeTown Rulebook

who knew a life at a donutstore would be so full of twists, this has more interesting story than most warner bro's movie's thesedays

(10-24-2017, 12:17 AM)TheNamesGames Wrote: who knew a life at a donutstore would be so full of twists, this has more interesting story than most warner bro's movie's thesedays

Yup, it's pretty fun overall.  If you're ever bored, and need money and stories, then I'd suggest being employed by the food-industry for a period of time.  It will be hard/tedious work at times, but the experience is well worth it.

Almost forgot these, too:

"Wait, Boss-man has what in his desk?"
This got brought up yesterday.  Sharp, Maria, and I were talking, and Maria started joking about using scissors she pulled out of her purse as a weapon (don't know why she had large sewing scissors in her purse, but whatever).  I started talking about my martial arts background and Sharp brought up the fact that Boss-man has a semi-automatic pistol in his desk drawer in back-office.  Needless to say, my interest was piqued and started asking questions about it given my shooting background.  Apparently, in the event of a shooting/armed assault in the store, Boss-man will take care of business.  Also-according to Maria-if the pistol malfunctions, he has a big-ass knife, too.  Maria described Boss-man as a Ninja Turtle for some reason (lol).  Anyway, don't mess with locally-owned businesses, they don't have a corporate pencil-pusher telling you "no employee/employer -owned weapon on the premises".  In the case of some family-owned business (depending on one's state), their business is an extension of the home, which means it's protected under the same laws governing the defense of one's home.  We even have a can of pepper-spray under the registers, too.  They probably need to be replaced though.

Free Buckets
This is just an interesting fact.  Well, our jellies and fillings come in these large 25lbs/~11.3Kg buckets.  When they're empty, we're allowed to clean them out and take them home.  This perk is a lot better than meets the eye.  These buckets are unwanted by Boss-man and typically get thrown out or donated to whomever wants them.  Well, these buckets have gasket lids and hold a lot of things, and they would typically go for $12USD/per unit in a hardware store  We go through these jellies enough that we'll have a bucket or two a week to take home.

"You know what I should do before Halloween, Mother?"
This is a funny one.  Mother is scared of horror movies and anything creepy, and we constantly talk about Stephen King's It, in particular how much Pennywise, the dancing clown, scares Mother.  Anyway, when I come to work in the early hours, the front doors are closed so I have to knock on the side-door to be let it.  I asked Mother, "How would you feel if you heard knocking on the door, went to open it, and I just put a single red balloon out there?"
Her response (without hesitation), "I'll chase you down with hot grease"
[Image: 080e02c77fbc5df13f5398c5ba9bae4ef89e0a8e...1db3d5.jpg]

HomeTown Rulebook

A whole new batch of stories for you all, enjoy.

The Regulars
If you work in any food-industry job, you'll come across the regulars.  The people who come by daily (or close to daily) and get the usual.  My co-workers and I can see them driving up from the main road/parking lot and have their order already made by the time they get to us.  We have:
Mr. Jiminy - glazed twist, med. coffee w/ 3 creams
Mr. Muttonchops - Lg. coffee w/ 4 sugars
Mrs. Phone - 1 glazed old fashion
Mrs. Coffee - 1 Lg. cappuccino 1/2 & 1/2 mix of French vanilla and white-chocolate caramel /w two extra scoops of French vanilla powder
Mr. Dozen - (if I recall right) 3 jellies, 1 maple-bacon, one cinnamon roll, 4 Bavarian cream, 2 red velvet, and 1 blueberry cake.
Mr. One-Glaze - 1 glazed donut (he comes by usually within 2min of us opening, he's typically our first customer)
Mr. Echo - Sm. coffee /w 2 creams, 2 Splendas & a cinnamon donut
Mr. Hill - he either orders a cinnamon donut or a powdered donut, we make bets on which.
Mr. Trainer - 1 strawberry iced donut and 1 old fashioned, a Sm. coffee, and a Sm. orange juice.
The Twins - their order usually consists of 2 of the same type of donuts.  They also wear they same brand and model of clothes, just in different colors.
Mr. Cake - this guy gets a chocolate-iced cake donut and another cake donut of some sort.  When they're in season, he'll replace the latter with a pumpkin-spice donut.
Mr. Blessed - this man usually gets a Lg. coffee w/ 2 creams and maybe a plain cake donut.  He'll leave and wish us all a "blessed day".

Doppelgangers, Video-Game Characters, and Homeless People; Oh, My.
This is just devoted to all the people I've seen come and go through the store that really stood out.

Video-Game:
Maxine Caulfield? - Yes, I saw a teen who looked exactly like Max Caulfield from the Life is Strange series.

Doppelgangers:
Set #1: I saw Maddie_Amity's doppelganger while working.  For anyone who doesn't know Maddie, she's HT's resident emo, self-proclaimed drowned-rat, and keeper of Noodlechan, her cat.  Anyway, this woman comes in wearing autumn-colored clothes and shawl, her makeup is the same tone as Maddie's, and she has the same colored hair and facial structure.  I was odd.

Set #2: this one is between our Mr. Cake, a regular, and a man who came by with his wife.  I almost got the latter man Mr. Cake's usual order.

Set #3: we have an almost regular come for a cup of coffee in the afternoons, she's very nice and energetic.  I'll name her Mrs. Sunshine.  Well, one day, I thought Mrs. Sunshine came by and got a coffee with half a packet of Splenda.  A few hours later, the actual Mrs. Sunshine pulls back up in a different car.  I asked her if she was came by earlier and for that half a Splenda'd coffee order, she says, "no".  She gets a good laugh when I tell her she has a doppelganger in town.

Homeless People:
So far, only two have really stood out.

#1: this is actually a sad case.  The man-I believe-has schizophrenia.  He talks to his reflections in our windows and he'll use our bathroom mirror to talk to himself.  Being a psychology graduate, I know people with actual schizophrenia are very unlikely to commit random acts of violence.  Typically, they only get violent when they're trying to be restrained.  Needless to say, the random ramblings and inappropriate questions can get unsettling, he seems to think Mr. Bossman is a racist for some reason.  He asked me about that and asked me to make sure he wasn't a racist.  

#2: this happened two days.  A man came by and asked for a manager, wanted to make an appeal to one's good nature for some food.  Well, Mr, Bossman was gone and Sharp, the store's 2nd manager, was not on shift.  That means Maria would have seniority.  Anyway, she told him she's not authorized to give out free-food that the store makes.  That being said, I was tasked with the breakfast run that morning.  I know, breakfast food for people who make breakfast, it happens.  Anyway, the only place open that early in the morning and that close to work was a MacDonald's.  I hate MacDonald's food for the most part.  Anyway, I got 12 sausage biscuits for the whole store's crew.  Maria gave this man 3 of those biscuits as it was our personal food, the man was very thankful.

Broken Home Remedies
This is a funny story, and it's very important you know Maria is a Hispanic-American to start.  It will make it funnier, I promise.

Maria, Sharp, and I were on shift, we were all restocking the papers, boxes, and refilling trays with donuts.  Well, I stepped on Sharp's foot and she stood there in silent pain.  Apparently, I stepped on a corn on her foot.  Well, here's what followed in dialogue:

steps on Sharp's foot
Sharp: X-X
Maria: what's wrong, Sharp? o:
Sharp: Grimm stepped on my corn, it hurts. ;~;
Grimm: my bad. o-o
Maria: surprised you haven't dipped that thing in glaze. :P
Sharp and Grimm: xD
Grimm: sounds like one of those home remedies.  I think Sharp would use an old-fashioned instead. xP
Sharp: Stahp! xD
Maria: *putting on her thickest Hispanic accent and broken English* [grabs a piece of a broken old fashioned] You rub dis into foots.. work.. miracle! ^-^
Sharp and Grimm: xD

This is the kind of bullshit I love at work.

HomeTown Rulebook

"Why you writing in Hebrew?"
Alright, this is also a pretty funny story.  If you work the drive-thru at my store, you use a notepad and pen to write down the order, or risk forgetting it all and pissing off the customer.  Well, every worker here as their own shorthand and different handwriting; mine's the most illegible apparently.  When I write fast, I only care if I can read it for the most part.  My co-workers give me so much shit and jokes over my handwriting that we all just laugh. 

Some of the comments I've heard (or paraphrased ones):

"A doctor writes better than you"
"We don't understand Hebrew"
"Are these Hieroglyphs?  We need the Rosetta stone"
"If you're ever murdered and left a note, they'd need a translator for this"

Here's an example of my writing.  Top example is my typical speed for common lists, the second is my very-quick shorthand that I burn my co-workers' eyes with.  My professional penmanship is best but I only that for things like job applications or background checks.

HomeTown Rulebook

Man, you could make a comedy/tradegy TV show from this all. The text is still understandable compared to the gibberish i produce...

It ok if i’ll use that ”Rosetta stone” sometime?