• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Recent problems on the server.
Sad 
Before you write a comment! This thread isn't here to say anyone is bad, nor its for pointing at people that have done it, had something to do with it or people who just want to start something bad. Don't say any names or IGN's. Thank you

I want to tell everyone something, about the recent problems on the server. It seems to be me and probably a lot of other people had to deal with and I want to just give my opinion about it. If I do anything that is against the forum or server rules please private message me instead of removing the sentence or word from the thread. This is also about that. So let me tell you what this is about. This is about players and admins and their own chat rules. I have some bad experiences with this and I would like to tell you about it

What is going on?
Recently there have been some misunderstandings with me and other people, I can not speak for others who have had this but I can speak for myself. I have been jailed, muted and banned for the most stupid things admins can think of, no offence to admins but the admins have been really cocky about any small thing that happend. For example, the new disguise plugin had some trouble because people could disguise as players, so a admin came on and saw this and instantly reacted like we murdered someone. I told the admin about this, which I helped him reporting this bug, and I tried to see if he fixed it. I could still disguise as a player so I told him and then I said "Okay, that will be 100$ for reporting this bug Tongue" and then I asked him again, just so he would react on what I said, a little rude not to be but okay he jailed me and muted me. For 10 minutes, so I will help him next time again because I will get jailed again, good to know, right? I don't want to be rude to anyone but there is no reason for him to jail me, his reason was that I was "annoying". Another time was when I lost my whole inventory due to lagg and, to make this story not too long, I was playing LMS with someone and the lagg teleported me back to the slab and I fell into the lava saying "Lagg!" I lost this game, but nothing happend, then later on I played another game with the same person and this person had this lagg too, which I said, I dont lagg my internet is good! So this person screenshotted this as proof that I was lying about the inventory clear lagg. Immediately some people joined on the conversation and I said "Don't 10vs1 team me in chat" following "Fuck off" and I left the game. I got temp banned for one day for this. Following day the same staff member said a sort of same thing to me and nothing happend.

What are you trying to say?
I am trying to say that I do not want any of this to happen, but people just do it and if someone is having a conversation they join it and start being cocky and mean to the person they like the least. For me this is very frustrating so I can say things like fuck off but this isn't ment as something rude but more of a warning to not do it. But instead staff people ban you or mute you for the most simple things, I just want this to be resolved and I can have fun again without being jailed for saying a joke.

And also, my apologies.
For everyone I have ever been rude to, I never ment it this way, I will never say anything bad to you without you doing something first, I try to not do something most of the times but sometimes it just happens. Please keep this in mind.

Please, staff, players, If someone asks you to leave a conversation or not do something please listen to me, for me it's hard to not get mad at you and then instead of the player who has done it I get punished.

Thanks for reading this and remember I do not hate anyone I just want to have the best fun for everyone. <3 MartijnGamez (Marti)

Are you saying that being able to disguise as players is a bug? because it wasnt, the plugin had been changed and the perms hadnt been updated yet, you maintaining a player disguise after the perms were updated wasnt a bug either, the perms only come into play when a command is used, so it is not retroactive.
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

Trust me dude I have also been going through this same thing. the whole Xray shit that went down about 2 weeks ago. yeah I am being mocked by some of staff and many of the players due to the fact of which I was being cautious becaue IK that is I were to do that shit OHHHH WOULD THE CAVLERY BE ON ME. Wrex You speak for more then just your self

Well the shit about /d ing into other players (crap that sound weird) is over. Mostly because /d is removed for now. When they put it back (if they put it back) they'll probably remove this feature if possible. If not then well, you have a gamer tag. All you are really doing is stealing there skin for a while.

P.S maybe if you don't disrespect others then you won't get banned for it

Nether: /d ing as a player changes your gamer tag, hence the reason players aren't supposed to have it, it can be used to really mimic someone Ghost: what do you mean i speak for more than just myself?
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

Oh I didn't know that. Whoops. Then this is only a deal if Mods/Admins/Frost can't see through it. If they can they it doesn't really matter that much. If they can't then that's not good

Saying "fuck off" is not a playful warning thing. It is SO against the rules. Maybe try going through tutorial again.

(03-02-2016, 04:15 AM)MartiGamez Wrote: This is also about that. So let me tell you what this is about. This is about players and admins and their own chat rules.

– I told the admin about this, which I helped him reporting this bug, and I tried to see if he fixed it. I could still disguise as a player so I told him and then I said "Okay, that will be 100$ for reporting this bug Tongue" and then I asked him again, just so he would react on what I said, a little rude not to be but okay he jailed me and muted me. For 10 minutes, so I will help him next time again because I will get jailed again, good to know, right? I don't want to be rude to anyone but there is no reason for him to jail me, his reason was that I was "annoying".

– Immediately some people joined on the conversation and I said "Don't 10vs1 team me in chat" following "Fuck off" and I left the game. I got temp banned for one day for this.

– Following day the same staff member said a sort of same thing to me and nothing happened.
– As an [Admin], we do not have our own set of chat rules.  We have to follow the rules and adjudicate chat indiscretions under an accepted interpretation of all chat rules, as listed in the tutorial.

– I am not sure which [Admin] you are mentioning when it comes to you being jailed, but there is a rule against being annoying in chat.  It is listed in both /rules and the HomeTown Rulebook's Section 2, Subsection D / https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread...d=27#pid27 .  It is possible the [Admin] in question saw your first comment and ignored it, then reacted–as you wanted–to your 2nd comment in a rather negative light as an actual attempt at asking for money; which would be annoying.

– As Arayvek pointed out, telling someone to "Fuck off" is both disrespectful and punishable.  The fact you left after saying this is likely why you were temp-banned.  By leaving, you disallowed staff to give you a verbal warning or a kick for the chat indiscretion.  On the continuum of punishments–past a warning and kick–it would be a temp-ban.  The staff-member followed the continuum correctly.

– If it is the case a staff-member told you to "fuck off", then you must provide a screenshot or data log file to be reviewed by other staff-members up to FrostVINCENT himself.  Failure to provide evidence of this indiscretion is libelous towards the staff-team as a whole in regards to the fact that players' IGNs will not be mentioned–as per your request–in this thread.  If any evidence you provide substantiates your claim, then the staff-member in question will be warned to change their behavior and failure to do so and may result in demotion/expulsion from the staff-team if they are deemed unfit in regards to everyday public relations with common players.  If you have a problem, then do not be afraid to drop names.  It will be fixed, as we are also bound to the same rules as every other player here.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

To Wrex, yes it was a bug because it shouldn't happen. To aray, I didn't do it on purpose I told them to stop and I didn't say it to them personally. To grimm what I ment is that some staff just do what they want in chat and punish players for it. And I don't like to give away usernames and I don't really care if they said it but I just want to just have fun again but yes it was a staff and being annoying is something that you rate you self and saying something twice doesn't seem annoying and getting jailed for it seems a little overreacted.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

A bug occurs when the program produces an unexpected result, the plugin was performing as expected, the ability to disguise as a player is a feature of the plugin. The only issue was that the perms hadnt been set yet, thats not a bug, thats just incomplete setup. It's not a bug because its a FEATURE of the plugin. A bug would be if you could /d as a diamond block and then your inventory filled with diamond blocks or crashed your game.