Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: AncientBean

Reason for your ban: Xray Texture Pack

Who banned you: Uber

Why should you be unbanned: Unfortunately I made the mistake of using an Xray texture pack to try and gain some money so I could save up to buy something that was way out of my price range. Needless to say that was a very stupid idea and I didn't get further than 10 minutes of use before I was banned. I really love Hometown and I've spent a good deal of time on the server. I messed up bad and I see that greed got the better of me. I would really appreciate another chance, I certainly won't do anything that stupid again.

Why do you want to come back: I genuinely really enjoy Hometown and the community there. It is a place of refuge when I come home from university or work and I have spent hours building my little farms and locations so that other people can enjoy them. I enjoy being a part of the community and I only committed this offence out of a stupid desire. So, I hope that I can appeal and somehow make up for my mistake because extra diamonds are no substitute for having a great server to play on. It's a shame it took getting banned for me to realize that, I hope I can try again.

~Thank you,
Bean

I will want at least 2 sentences answers per question. If you are unbanned you will need to turn over all diamonds/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when and if you login.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

(03-13-2019, 05:49 AM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: Why is X-raying bad?
X-raying is inherently bad because it is a form of cheating. Any player using X-Ray of any kind gives them an unfair advantage. They gather resources faster and ultimately defeats the purpose of survival mode's incentive to go and seek resources with normal exploration.

How does X-raying affect other players?
X-Raying can affect other players because it not only dwindles rare limited resources, it gives the player using it an unfair advantage over those not using it. X-ray mods, resource packs, or hacks simply create a toxic environment for other players because it is cheating at something everyone else has to work for.

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?
X-raying can ruin the server's economy because it grants the user an unfair way to acquire rare items in bulk. These items can be sold for a large profit and drive down demand, availability, and prices. Not only that but a player that cheats to get to the richest positions controls the market and puts all other players at disadvantage. 

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?
If I really need to get an item in the future I should do as everyone else does and work for it. I should explore and create my own items. Purchasing items from other players is also a much better way to obtain the items I need.

You have been unbanned, please turn over all diamonds/ores/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when you log in.  Failure to turn over the items to a staff member will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown.