Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server I was banned on: smp.hometownmc.com

Name: piscesfool

Reason: Stealing diamond blocks and evading/ignoring staff

Who banned me: melaniebeedot 

Why I should be unbanned: I don't have an excuse for stealing the diamond blocks, I thought they were claimed and thought I wouldn't be able to take them but I was. That was all on me and I am 110% willing to give all of the diamonds back that I stole out of the blocks I took if I am unbanned. I didn't know how to answer melaniebeedot's pm so that's why I was ignoring them. For evading them, I don't have a reason for doing so. It was wrong for me to take the blocks after figuring out they were able to be taken. After destroying one, I should've put it back where it was and been on my way but I didn't and that was extremely selfish of me. 

Why I want to come back: It will never happen again from me. I know the consequences of my actions and I am willing to comply on giving all of the diamonds back. This is all on me and I don't have any excuses. I have no reason to lie or manipulate anyone on this server. The server is a nice community that I've come to love these past couple of months. Again, I am truly sorry to the person I stole those blocks from and you will get all the diamonds I stole from you. To the staff member I ignored/evaded, that is on me for not knowing how to answer your pm. I would like to come back if you would let me. Thank You.

To reply to a private message, use /r <message>.

Answer the following questions in 1-2 complete sentences. Then, we will consider unbanning you.

1. If a player's build is not claimed, can you take the blocks?

2. Can you take any blocks placed by another player without their permission?

3. If a staff member is standing directly in front of you and sending you a private message, should you walk away and ignore them?

4. If you are placed in jail for ignoring a staff member, should you log off to evade them?

5. If you don't know how to communicate with staff, how should you handle the situation?

6. How does stealing impact our minecraft community?

(04-17-2019, 07:38 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: To reply to a private message, use /r <message>.

Answer the following questions in 1-2 complete sentences. Then, we will consider unbanning you.

1. If a player's build is not claimed, can you take the blocks?

3. If a staff member is standing directly in front of you and sending you a private message, should you walk away and ignore them?

4. If you are placed in jail for ignoring a staff member, should you log off to evade them?

5. If you don't know how to communicate with staff, how should you handle the situation?

1. If a player's build is not claimed, can you take the blocks? 
  No, I cannot take the blocks. If I happen to stumble across another player's build and accidentally break a block because it is unclaimed, I need to put it back, leave the build alone and move along.  

No, I cannot take any blocks that were placed by another player unless I have their permission. I should only take blocks if I have explicit permission from the player that placed said blocks. 

3. If a staff member is standing directly in front of you and sending a private message, should you walk away and ignore them? 
  No. I shouldn't walk away and ignore a staff member if they are trying to talk to me. I needed to stay right where I was and listened to the staff member when they began talking to me.

4. If you are placed in jail for ignoring a staff member, should you log off and evade them? 
  No, I shouldn't evade the staff member after being jailed. I need to serve my time in the jail and keep logged on until my time was done in jail. 

When I knew I didn't know how to communicate with the staff member, I should've either asked the chat how to do so or let staff know that I didn't know how to answer the private message that was sent to me. 

The community is impacted by hurting other players experiences on the server by stealing others things which would make them more likely to leave the server and players leaving because of stealing would hurt the entire server as a whole and not make it a happy community.

When you come online next, return the stolen items to melaniebeedot or another staff member if I am not online. You have been unbanned. Welcome back.

(04-18-2019, 04:13 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: When you come online next, return the stolen items to melaniebeedot or another staff member if I am not online. You have been unbanned. Welcome back.

If I’m still jailed, do I just request that a staff member let me out or do I need to wait?