Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned for diamond block theft
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: minasaty

Reason for your ban: I "stole" 4 diamond blocks

Who banned you: Illogical

Why should you be unbanned: Well, i was bored, messing around on the server, and i decided to look for some cool warps. I ended up finding "/warp diamonds". it was a small structure, with four diamond blocks in it, one in each corner. I tried to mine one for fun, just to see; and it worked. So, i thought this was maybe some easter egg or secret warp meant for the first person to use it and take said diamonds; especially since most land you're not allowed to edit or take from is claimed, and this land was unclaimed, it seemed like it was there to take for free. I do apologize, but it really seemed like they were free to take.

Why do you want to come back: I really enjoy the server, populated, plenty to do, and i play with a good friend on it. it was not my intention to grief, i just thought the majority of unclaimed land was free to take, edit, or whatever.  There were also no signs at all stating to leave the diamonds alone; Or any instructions for the place what so ever. Again, i apologize. Hope this will be appealed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for your honesty and apology.
For future reference, on Hometown, even unclaimed, unlocked things are not allowed to be altered without the creators express permission. Altering any player-made items without permission is considered grief and is taken very seriously. If you're unsure about something, you can always ask, we're always happy to answer questions.

Now to be sure you understand I'll need 1-2 sentence answers for these questions

Why is taking blocks/items from other players unfair?

Is taking things from open, unclaimed chests allowed if there isn't a clear indicator that it's there for people to take from (ex. a sign that says FREE, usually in a shop)?

What have you learned from this experience?

Thank you for taking the time to respond. here is my response

1.) Why is taking blocks/items from other players unfair?
I now know it is unfair to take, manipulate or alter someones creation or land, without permission to do so. It is unfair because people work hard to provide the /warps, and for people to abuse them is wrong; it can also provide me an unfair advantage against other players.

2.) Is taking things from open, unclaimed chests allowed if there isn't a clear indicator that it's there for people to take from (ex. a sign that says FREE, usually in a shop)?

I now understand it is NOT okay to take what is not marked as free or unwanted.

3.) What have you learned from this experience?

It was wrong for me to take the diamonds without consulting the owner first. I know owners work hard to provide warps, i had no right to take his stuff, nor an indicator to. I will no longer edit, take, or manipulate someones property if there are no signs stating i can do so.

Thank you,
You seem genuine in that you didn't understand the rules clearly and in your apology
I will need to get the diamond blocks back from you, if I'm not available, you can give them to any staff member available
You have been unbanned
Welcome back to hometown!
(by the way the server is going through maintenance today, so if it says 'you are not white-listed, that doesn't mean you're still banned, it just means maintenance is still going on)

Thanks a lot, ill be on tomorrow and will be sure to return the diamonds.

(06-01-2019, 09:56 AM)illogicalsong Wrote: Thank you,
You seem genuine in that you didn't understand the rules clearly and in your apology
I will need to get the diamond blocks back from you, if I'm not available, you can give them to any staff member available
You have been unbanned
Welcome back to hometown!
(by the way the server is going through maintenance today, so if it says 'you are not white-listed, that doesn't mean you're still banned, it just means maintenance is still going on)

OK, i waited two days to see if i would get unbanned but it seems i am not.

Sorry, you were unbanned but the server had issues with the update and had to go back to a previous save, before you were unbanned, I'll have you unbanned right away, so sorry about that