Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal -xDankMeme
Server I Was Banned On: SMP

Minecraft Name: xDankMeme

Reason For Ban: Trespassing + Rule 1 Violations

Who Banned You: Peng, Illo, Guy, Trek, Ender, + Amb

Why Should I Be Unbanned: Regarding this post I am assuming the reason I got banned was my incident with GoldenGuy and his town, so if the reason I got banned was me trespassing somewhere else or saying something rude not regarding the incident I had with GoldenGuy please let me know. Regarding the trespassing claim against me when I got unbanned from the server I talked to GoldenGuy if I was allowed to go to his shops and he said yes but when I asked him if I could be unbanned from his town he said no. I would like to make it clear and state that I have never gone outside of the GoldenHorizon town-hub besides visiting the towns shops or teleporting to GoldenGuy with his consent to make a trade with him or talk with him. There is a building when you go to /warp GoldenHorizion that is the town hub of the town, when going there I never thought I was trespassing as all is in there is town rules and windows showing he outside of the town although I should have not assumed this and I should've asked GoldenGuy if it was okay for me to be inside the town-hub. Earlier today I looked at the list of banned players and noticed that my name was not there. So I teleported GoldenGuy to my location and asked him if I was still unbanned, his answer was still; yes. GoldenGuy then told me I was trespassing so I left him and his town alone. GoldenGuy also noted that I was using /d so people wouldn't recognize me. To respond to this I did /d before I got to the town and I even teleported him to my location so he knew the person who was a baby glowing turtle was me so I did not use it as a disguise. To respond to the Rule 1 (disrespect violations) after I left I was a bit salty and made one rude remark saying something along the lines of 'so you want me for your money but you won't let me in the town.' I ultimately own up fully to this mistake as toxicity and disrespect are in no way accepted on the HomeTown server. After I made this comment Illogical responded to my comment saying something along the lines of 'if you keep this up you'll be banned again.' So I didn't make any more rude comments and the situation between me and Golden eventually boiled down.

Why Do I Want To Come Back: I would like to come back because I really do love this community. And have made a lot of progress on the server with making my own cow farm along with WarMongerDuck, making my pumpkin + melon farm, and having a god tool and god armor shop which I opened earlier today. I don't want to seem entitled to get back on the server as if I deserve to get back on but I have spent way too much time for it to go to waste and me never returning to HomeTown again. I love this community <3.

To start, GoldenGuy expressed in chat that he did not want you at his town; this led to you starting an argument about the ban, saying things along the lines of "But my name's not on the ban list though?" and "What if I'm disguised?" This led to Illogical telling you that it did not matter; if he asks you to leave the warp because you're banned, then leave the warp, no questions asked. I also stated that anyone caught using disguises to circumvent a ban to a warp will be banned.  Upon discussion with GoldenGuy today, I found out that after you were caught in his town hall using /d parrot, he banned you from not only the town but his shops as well. A little later after this, I teleported to you and you were /d (mob) setInvisible, messing with some blank canvases that were near GoldenGuy, breaking part of rule 1 (being annoying on purpose). Directly after this, both me and Pengu teleported to you and you were (still setInvisible) at his glass shop, which counts as trespassing since you were banned from his shops and town.
     Although, as you stated, the situation did boil down, after a thorough discussion and after having caught you using a warp which you were banned from, the staff which were on your ban message decided that it was best to ban you.
     As I would like to see the other staffs' responses to this situation as well, I will wait for them to respond and post any additional comments regarding your ban. Additionally, I would like more information and effort put in to this appeal. As this is your third ban, the chances of you being unbanned are rather slim.
[Image: oE7TFS5.jpg]

I would also like to mention the actions of the previous day, at the arena. You were using the spectating warp to get around the no fly restriction, to fly over people and then land on top of them to kill them. After being asked by players multiple times to stop, as there is no flying in the arena and that's no fair, you continued to do it and I had to ban you from the warp. Even after my banning you from the warp, I saw you trying to warp there multiple times. You also did not show respect for the other people who had asked you to stop, saying I was the only one who had authority since I owned the warp.
Even though it was a pvp arena, there were rules agreed on in the outset of the pvp and you were being extremely disrespectful by both breaking those rules, and the general rules of the area of no flying.
Continuing to try and warp despite being banned and unable to warp was also disrespectful, as you didn't respect my decision. Even though it was physically impossible for you to enter it, because I have claimflags, you were still trying.

Response To Ender:

To start, GoldenGuy expressed in chat that he did not want you at his town; this led to you starting an argument about the ban, saying things along the lines of "But my name's not on the ban list though?" and "What if I'm disguised?" This led to Illogical telling you that it did not matter; if he asks you to leave the warp because you're banned, then leave the warp, no questions asked. I also stated that anyone caught using disguises to circumvent a ban to a warp will be banned.

Response: I teleported GoldenGuy to my location of were to banlist was and told him since my name is not on the ban list am I unbanned, his answer was: no. After that I left and went to my town where I said a few dumb things about being invisible in disguises as my mind though if I were really trying to not be caught I would disguise to be invisible.

Upon discussion with GoldenGuy today, I found out that after you were caught in his town hall using /d parrot, he banned you from not only the town but his shops as well.

Response: I was not caught red handing using disguising as a turtle I teleported GoldenGuy to my location and told him about the ban list which shows how I wasn't using my disguise as a disguise and how I genuinely thought that I was allowed to enter his town-hub as I thought it wasn't a part of the town but a hub for it with rules and windows out looking the actual town. Also when I got back on the server me and GoldenGuy made a verbal agreement saying that you would be allowed to come to my shops but not the town itself. I have bought from GoldenGuy's glass shop multiple times and he had never sent me a message saying that I'm actually banned from his shop also the rude comment I made about 'How you only want me for your money but you won't let me in your town' comment is a refrence to this agreement that me and GoldenGuy had and he had never notified me that the agreement was broken, although on the offchance I do comeback I won't go to GoldenGuy's shops.

A little later after this, I teleported to you and you were /d (mob) setInvisible, messing with some blank canvases that were near GoldenGuy, breaking part of rule 1 (being annoying on purpose).

Response: I was not messing with some blank canvases but messing around by some blank canvases as the area is claimed by misspotatohead1 and is not part of GoldenHorizion. I know this because when I teleported to GoldenGuy and I asked him when I got there is this a part of your town, his answer was; no. As regards for rule 1 being annoying on purpose I don't think I was being annoying as GoldenGuy was okay with what I was doing and never told me to stop what I was doing with using /d to disguise into different things like the ender dragon, a turtle, or a wither skull head.

Directly after this, both me and Pengu teleported to you and you were (still setInvisible) at his glass shop, which counts as trespassing since you were banned from his shops and town.

Reponse: I admit that I was at GoldenGuy's glass shop as I was looking for some glass prices for a project but like I said me and GoldenGuy had a verbal agreement that said that I could go to his shops but not the town and he has never notified me that the agreement has ended. Regarding being in an invisible state I think I went to GoldenGuy's glass shop after I was at shop with this guest and me and this guest were messing around and kind of semi role-playing with each other as he backed away as I went close to him with my wither skull head and then going back to an invisible state again. Proof that this happened at /warp Shop is him getting kicked for spamming yelling something along the lines of; "HELP THERE'S A WITHER SKULL CHASING AFTER ME." I think these 2 incidents after the situation proves that when I'm bored I use /d a lot and the reason I was disguised as a turtle at the beginning was not for a disguise but just messing around with players at public shops like Illogical or BuySell.

Although, as you stated, the situation did boil down, after a thorough discussion and after having caught you using a warp which you were banned from, the staff which were on your ban message decided that it was best to ban you.

As I would like to see the other staffs' responses to this situation as well, I will wait for them to respond and post any additional comments regarding your ban. Additionally, I would like more information and effort put in to this appeal. As this is your third ban, the chances of you being unbanned are rather slim.

Conclusion: I think me and GoldenGuy are both bias in this situation as me and him are the plaintiff and defendant who are hoping for our sides to win. As staff will make their decisions it is important to weigh in on the situation and also realize if for example there is no evidence that GoldenGuy ended the verbal agreement with me and I knew it, it is only fair for the principal of innocent until proven guilty to be applied in this verdict.

(06-13-2019, 02:29 PM)illogicalsong Wrote: I would also like to mention the actions of the previous day, at the arena. You were using the spectating warp to get around the no fly restriction, to fly over people and then land on top of them to kill them. After being asked by players multiple times to stop, as there is no flying in the arena and that's no fair, you continued to do it and I had to ban you from the warp. Even after my banning you from the warp, I saw you trying to warp there multiple times. You also did not show respect for the other people who had asked you to stop, saying I was the only one who had authority since I owned the warp.
Even though it was a pvp arena, there were rules agreed on in the outset of the pvp and you were being extremely disrespectful by both breaking those rules, and the general rules of the area of no flying.
Continuing to try and warp despite being banned and unable to warp was also disrespectful, as you didn't respect my decision. Even though it was physically impossible for you to enter it, because I have claimflags, you were still trying.

I find most of what is in here to be true but I would like to give a response to some things said in here:

At the time this was happening I though what I was doing was okay but I realize that this is not okay as players ultimately did not like my behavior and I should've stopped.

I did say that you were the only one who had authority for the warp, what I meant but this is that you were the only one who can ban me from the warp and you did.

After seeing myself kicked from IllogicalPVP to find out if Illogical kicked me or if it was a banned from the claim. After this happened I was bored and realized that each time this happened it would teleport me a few blocks further and allowed me to teleport between building walls at my town: ElMore.

So here's the deal. Along with all of the issues that occurred the other night with you trespassing, I also found proof that you have been in Golden's town since your ban aside from the other night. Logs of you opening chests on the streets 11 days ago, placing signs on the sand near the North-East corner of the town, all while you have been banned from the town since your last unban from the server. (Which, I might add, was for griefing within the same town and refusing to leave. Further trespassing from you.)

Further, on the topic of your previous ban, I'd like to quote something from you from your last appeal.

"3. If a player asks you to leave the area you should just leave to protect people's space and to not ignore them so you can respect all players, not even if they have authority.

4. If a staff asks you to leave what you should do is leave as they have all authority as written in the rules."

This is what you said, verbatim. Yet your actions spoke for you in multiple cases of trespassing in an area you were banned from.

https://imgur.com/a/eNiy3aD (Just a few instances of you ignoring chat rules or trying to bypass rules in general)

You have consistently pushed chat rules and rule one, argued with staff on numerous occasions (Particularly the Guardians) and just in general shown a disregard for our rules. I even personally had to take away your perms for /nick for around a month due to your repeated misuse of it.

Over the course of the last ~3 months this is your third ban, with you having received multiple warnings on the server for consistently pushing the rules and trolling.

You were warned when you were tempbanned recently that you were on thin ice if you didn't shape up, and we saw no change.
Appeal denied.