Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: JuanPabloPCM

Reason for your ban: Theft

Who banned you: Penguin

Why should you be unbanned: My younger sister and I share this account. She explained to me she 'accidentally' noticed one of the objects in the frame was not properly placed (in a shop), and so she took it and sold it to get money. I talked to her not to do these types of things, as she will not be able to play again and it's just really unfair to the other players. Simply because an object is not placed correctly, doesn't give you the right to take it, neither does selling it. I spoke to her and she will no longer be using this server, it will only be me. 

Why do you want to come back: Although I joined this server not so long ago, I really enjoy it and respect the community that has grown in hometown. I feel other servers are too laid back when it comes to griefing. I enjoy playing with my friends in this new home we have been building and really hope I can come back. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience I caused and would be more than happy to pay back what my account "owes" in the server. 

Regardless of who is using your account you are responsible for making sure that their actions adhere to our rules. This means that you will have to deal with any consequences that arise from those actions. In order to be unbanned I would like you to answer the following questions:

What are the effects of theft on other players?

When are you allowed to use containers that don't belong to you?

What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Theft on other players is simply uncalled for. For those that have gone through a lot to get certain items, stealing from them costs them time, resources, and most importantly makes playing something truly unfair and upsetting. Stealing from other players can also make them blame others and they would simply waste time and resources again to find the item they lost.

You are only allowed to use containers (chests, furnaces, brewing stands...) that don't belong to you in 2 different occasions: In a shop, where you can left/right click to buy or sell, and if another player has ALLOWED you to, with /cmodify [username] and right-clicking the container they allow you to use. This is especially useful for your own chests, as other players can find your chests and would be able to steal your things without this rule.

Mainly I've learned I have to be more careful with my account, as I do take responsibility for anything that happens, regardless of who is playing. I've thought about it and felt I would truly be devastated if all I've worked for in this server was stolen, it is definitely not fair. I really respect the community here and wish it stayed as close as it is now.

(07-10-2019, 06:26 PM)Penguin Wrote: Regardless of who is using your account you are responsible for making sure that their actions adhere to our rules. This means that you  will have to deal with any consequences that arise from those actions. In order to be unbanned I would like you to answer the following questions:

Theft on other players is simply uncalled for. For those that have gone through a lot to get certain items, stealing from them costs them time, resources, and most importantly makes playing something truly unfair and upsetting. Stealing from other players can also make them blame others and they would simply waste time and resources again to find the item they lost. 

You are only allowed to use containers (chests, furnaces, brewing stands...) that don't belong to you in 2 different occasions: In a shop, where you can left/right click to buy or sell, and if another player has ALLOWED you to, with /cmodify [username] and right-clicking the container they allow you to use. This is especially useful for your own chests, as other players can find your chests and would be able to steal your things without this rule. 

Mainly I've learned I have to be more careful with my account, as I do take responsibility for anything that happens, regardless of who is playing. I've thought about it and felt I would truly be devastated if all I've worked for in this server was stolen, it is definitely not fair. I really respect the community here and wish it stayed as close as it is now.

Sorry about the delayed response, I'm not at home this weekend.

You will be unbanned shortly, welcome back to hometown
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

(07-14-2019, 06:21 PM)Penguin Wrote: Sorry about the delayed response, I'm not at home this weekend.

You will be unbanned shortly, welcome back to hometown

No worries and thank you very much