• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SERVER RESET? (Not clickbait!!) (Emotional! Graphic!) (Rated X for xcellent content!)
Something I noticed with the 1.13 world was that its assigned Nether was a lot bigger than it was supposed to be, since the overworld is supposed to be exactly eight times bigger than the Nether. It caused a problem where building a portal in the Nether too far away would plop a player down at the overworld world border, while leaving a Nether portal way out of bounds and possibly erroneously generating some of the world beyond. Is this going to be fixed with the new world, or was the large size an intentional choice?

(09-10-2019, 01:14 PM)Arrei Wrote: Something I noticed with the 1.13 world was that its assigned Nether was a lot bigger than it was supposed to be, since the overworld is supposed to be exactly eight times bigger than the Nether. It caused a problem where building a portal in the Nether too far away would plop a player down at the overworld world border, while leaving a Nether portal way out of bounds and possibly erroneously generating some of the world beyond. Is this going to be fixed with the new world, or was the large size an intentional choice?

Something that could potentially happen is that a single warp is set for the nether world, and making portals in the netherworld, would be turned off
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

As long so no more nether portals start popping up in my front yard again. Getting those things removed was annoying
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

(09-11-2019, 04:23 AM)Cil Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 01:14 PM)Arrei Wrote: Something I noticed with the 1.13 world was that its assigned Nether was a lot bigger than it was supposed to be, since the overworld is supposed to be exactly eight times bigger than the Nether. It caused a problem where building a portal in the Nether too far away would plop a player down at the overworld world border, while leaving a Nether portal way out of bounds and possibly erroneously generating some of the world beyond. Is this going to be fixed with the new world, or was the large size an intentional choice?

Something that could potentially happen is that a single warp is set for the nether world, and making portals in the netherworld, would be turned off

We'd like to avoid doing this if possible, as once the server has been reset transporting animals through the nether should be possible again (like it was in the old world). The reason that it broke in the new world was that the new world nether portals tried to send them back to the old world nether, something that's been reported to the dev that handles that plugin but which has never been fixed.
Discord: Guy#1507 

Do we hold off buying ingame cash until it resets (seems the only way I am going to afford to buy my warps). What happens to those who buy it now, like newbies who didn't know it was going to reset.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

(09-11-2019, 10:25 PM)belgnbor Wrote: Do we hold off buying ingame cash until it resets (seems the only way I am going to afford to buy my warps).  What happens to those who buy it now, like newbies who didn't know it was going to reset.

Hold off yes- as far as the second thing, it'll be handled on a case-by-case basis

Will vote count hold over to the new server?
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

This is making me feel... pretty sick to my stomach. Like legitimately.
I understand the desire for less lag and a reset, but to have to start all over on builds I've been working on for a couple of years now-- I feel absolutely sick.
[Image: 1dogstransp_by_susiron-d8mysci.png]

(09-14-2019, 05:30 AM)Susiron Wrote: This is making me feel... pretty sick to my stomach. Like legitimately.
I understand the desire for less lag and a reset, but to have to start all over on builds I've been working on for a couple of years now-- I feel absolutely sick.

We tried to hold off on it for as long as possible, unfortunately it's not just the lag, there's a ton of stuff breaking behind the scenes that needs to be addressed and we can't do anything about without a reset. Without a reset the server will break

The server was gonna eventually die because of all the broken stuff, I bet. The reset is just a “controlled demolition”
forums dwelling cow
spending more time on the forums than ingame
ok bye