• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un-Official Hometown Art Competition
Introduction:

Hi glorious HomeTown players/artists, many of you know me as either Cil or Wolfe, and I'm here today to introduce the Un-Official Hometown Art Competition, or the UOHAC! My goal was to help and give incentive to all of you hometown artists out there for a reason to develop your art skills, as well as to show them off! And because this is what I want to do, All mediums of art are accepted! (And I know some of you are vicious vampires, but blood paintings are the only medium not allowed, making one would be uh, not good) And yes, artmaps are allowed as entries for those that have vip! Note: This contest is a monthly contest where I will give a theme every month on the first of the month, to which you must create a NEW piece to submit! I also encourage you to try a different medium art to try and expand your horizons!

Rules:
  • No NSFW content permitted, at all.
  • Do not use excessive blood and gore in the art.
  • Do not copy other's artwork. (Reference images are fine, but they can not of be other art)
  • All art must in some form encompass the theme of the art.
  • You must create a New creation, please do not use a past creation - this is to promote creativity and development, and yes I know it's good to feel proud of your art, but currently, I want you to create new art, and develop and continue your artistic skills!
  • You must list any tools you use, and if someone helps with the project, you MUST give credit to them! (Note: I do accept you to work in pairs, but no bigger than that)
   Artmaps: 
  • Must be 2 by 3 or bigger!
  • Note: Artmaps will be featured at ./warp CillyArt's gallery when it is built, which is why I require the Original as well as one copy, Credit will be given where due.
  • Artmaps may not be bigger than 30 artmaps total, aka 3x10, 5x6 are allowed, but nothing bigger is allowed.
   Photography:
  • Anything that reveals your location or any personal information will not be permitted. Taking other's photos without their consent is not permitted.
  • Do not steal photos from online, you must provide some sort of proof proving these images are yours
   Drawing/Painting
  • It must be the same size as a 8 x 11 inch paper, it can be bigger, but not any smaller.
  • Please incorporate your username somehow into the drawing.
  • You are not allowed to pay or have others do the work for you.
   Music
  • All Genres are accepted!
  • Please specify if you made the melody, or are doing the vocals, also express if you are doing both.
  • I must be able to listen to it on some platform such as spotify (idk how that would work) or a youtube video would be great!
    Sculpture
  • Can be functional, or sculptural
  • Must include an engraving somewhere on the sculpture of your username
  • For 3-d objects, please take either a video or several pictures that encompass the whole piece
  • It does not need to be colored if its something like clay or whiteware!
NOTE: If you want to submit something that is not of this mediums that I have listed, please dm me on discord, @Cil#4800!!!!

Judging:
  • I will be holding Judging recruiting sessions in the middle of each month, you will be judged in certain criteria regarding what medium you use.
  • I will make all final decisions in case a judge is biased.
  • Judges must submit reflections as to why they gave a certain rating to a piece.
  • Note: if you are uncomfortable having someone judge your piece, please tell me and I will personally judge it, or if you feel uncomfortable having me judge your work, please tell me so.
How to enter:
  • To Enter I just need several things from you. Those would be:
  1.  The title of your work.
  2. Your IGN.
  3. Your Timezone!
  4. An explanation of your artwork (Artist's Statement)
  5. The Image/file/work.
Prizes:
  • Community Chest - This is a prizepool where the community can donate items, money to help fund the prizes.
  • Cash Prize - The Cash Prize Will be a prize where I, from my own earnings, will pay $ to the #1 Winner. The cash prize will be determined by how many entries I receive x 250. That means if 100 people submitted an entry, the cash prize pool would be 25k, and if 10 people joined, it would be 2.5k. Note: If too many people join and I'm unable to come up with subsequent earnings, I will distribute the prizes later on. As people join I'll try to set out five diamonds each time to prevent an overflow from happening, but just note that the prize will take time to recieve, as well as to judge.
Gallery of Previous Winners:
  • I will be hosting a Gallery of all the first, second, and third winners that apply on this forum here.
If there is anything I have left out or if you have any questions please tell me. I will announce the themes every month on the first, and the contests will end on the last day of the month at 11:59 pm MST.

October will not be part of the competition as it is late into the month, and some would not have enough time to complete their entries proficiently.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

this seems like an amazing idea.
can't wait to see how it goes! too bad i suck at art myself
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

(10-18-2019, 09:56 AM)Cil Wrote:
[Image: hQlDZ2k.jpg]
Okay, but... how NSFW are we talking here? Like... "NSFW" as in outright explicit, or "NSFW" as in literally something too risky to browse at work? I think I've lost the ability to draw anything totally PG anymore.

(10-18-2019, 01:27 PM)The_4thdoctor Wrote: this seems like an amazing idea.
can't wait to see how it goes!   too bad i suck at art myself

Even if you say you "suck" at art, I encourage you to still join! My goal in this is for other's to develop their art skills, even if they "suck" It isn't about skill level, it's about creativity and having fun Smile

(10-18-2019, 04:23 PM)Arrei Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:56 AM)Cil Wrote:
[Image: hQlDZ2k.jpg]
Okay, but... how NSFW are we talking here? Like... "NSFW" as in outright explicit, or "NSFW" as in literally something too risky to browse at work? I think I've lost the ability to draw anything totally PG anymore.

I mean, I don't really want to share explicit images like nsfw on this thread as this comp is intended for all ages, and someone might come on who's really young and well, yeah. And some people do look at the forums at work/school, which is also a reason I don't want nsfw items, so overall, I would say anything too risky to browse at work is probably not the best option - Also I love that image
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

does parkour count as art? looking for a friend
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Also, not that it really matters, February every year will be a "Free" month where there is no theme, you can choose whatever you want to create!

(10-18-2019, 09:03 PM)Penguin Wrote: does parkour count as art? looking for a friend

I believe I said any medium Smile so yes
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Announcing the first ever comp for Un-Official Hometown Art Competition, I ask all of you to try and sum up an image that implies your version of the theme "For what I am thankful". You can do this in multiple ways, and however you interpret this, but remember to follow the rules, and good luck! Remember, you have until the last day of November!

Please note that I am looking for judges to the competition, and would gladly seek help in judging, (Note that if you are a judge you cannot participate in the contest)

And please take into account that ALL mediums of art are excepted unless they clash with the rules, so please, if you like building, build art, and if you like rendering builds, you can submit that too, just note who helped build it and such, please just join us and maybe we can build a whole tight knit community together
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I just want to note that we need at LEAST 4 artists to submit their work in this competition for prizes to be distributed - This is so we can have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Note: If we do not get that amount, the total prize pool will be split to whoever does join, so if only two people joined, the prize pool would be split 50 - 50, or if only one person joins, they would get the whole prize pool. (If the participants work is not disqualified for any reason). And for every month I will have a minimun of 1k, and will add 250$ to the prize for every other artist that joins after 4 participants.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I don't really understand the theme ngl
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

(11-07-2019, 04:38 AM)Penguin Wrote: I don't really understand the theme ngl

Essentially it's to make/draw/paint/etc what you are thankful for in your life
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023