Option 2
57.84%
107 57.84%
Total 185 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Official Poll on Reset
(07-11-2016, 01:32 AM)aron23 Wrote: Has anyone considered a combination approach of 1 & 2? I seen a bunch of back and forth, but no real pro's and con's decision sheet and why the 2nd option is so beneficial. Are there technical problems the server or environment is experiencing? I want to be able to make an informed decision, but not a lot of facts to go on besides lots of opinions.
Option 1 is literally just do nothing and keep everything as-is. It's what we've always done, and it's resulted in more and more problems coming up as time goes by (lack of space to store data since we're stuck with older hardware, economy getting worse and worse, overcrowding, etc).

Option 2 is an immediate opening of a brand new server with upgraded hardware and storage space, along with the replacing of bad plugins and trying some new ones. It also involves fixing the glaring issues of the economy, such as starter cash being insane and no source of currency besides donating/voting/joining the game, which have no correlation to actual work put into making it. It's a fix that will result in a better server that will last much longer than the one that is currently failing.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

(07-11-2016, 12:18 AM)undormant Wrote: Wait VIP3 comes with 200 in game money - so I should wait or I will loose this.

I've been away from the server for a long time I didn't know that when I got my vip3 there want any money involved
Gerbils are cool so is my lizard Fred Cool

I voted option 2. Its the best choice to keep the server running smoothly for years to come.
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

I vote option 2.
-CreeperKing309

Is that posted right?
Farewell Hometown, for now at least. It's been fun. Sorry I ruined it Sad

Best of luck to all of you,

Hopefully this isn't the end.

Sincerely,

Creep

Option 2, but with serious reservations.....still. sounds fun. keep it positive.
Josniko is the Paradoxskitlz

For the record, guys, we're asking you to update your forum profile's bio with your username, not post which choice you picked. We're not going to be so anal about it that we won't count it just because you put it in the wrong place, but help us keep the workload simpler, yeah?

Sorry, maybe I'm showing my age, just ignorant, or don't know how to search the forum correctly, but I can't seem to find anything out about VIP status.

If we select option 2, will we lose our VIP status and all the abilities associated with it?

Will we have to re-invest in the server to get our rank again?

I understand the money reset, and I don't have a problem with that.  Hopefully there will still be an option in the store to buy more IG Money.

Also, I don't understand the "server store".  Does that mean people won't be able to 'buy back' resources with their stores, and that the only place you can sell your inventory to is the server store?  

Also, somewhere along the line, as I read this, there was talk about an "upgraded server".  Is that the case, or are we simply putting a fresh copy on the existing server?

If you are going through the expense of a second "newer" server, maybe there is an alternative - Have an "option 1" server, and an "option 2" server, each configured as outlined in the poll, but force people to choose only one of the two servers, including preventing people from creating accounts on both servers. Those that can't live without their resources and cash can stay on the option 1 server, and those who want a fresh start can choose the "option 2" server.

If you do it this way, I can see where people moving to the "option 2" server would have to start over at guest or novice level, and level up again, including the financial contributions to get back up to VIP status.  But I bet the "server restart" messages will be non-existent on the Option 2 server.

Also, for those moving to the Option 2 server, /unlock all their stuff in the Option 1 server (for that matter, do the same for all accounts inactive for more than 90 days), since they won't be back and don't need the resources anymore.  That will free up resources that are currently "frozen" on the Option 1 server.  I realize that from an admin standpoint, this might be a lot of work.  But the one thing that has been the most annoying to me is stumbling upon a decrepit store with stuff that's over a year old, and no way to clear it, because of the concern of upsetting that particular person should they return.  People should realize that if you haven't checked in for more than 90 days, you're probably not coming back, and if you do, you'd want to start over again anyway. 

Of course, this only works if the comment that there would be upgraded server hardware is true.  BTW, is this a "brick and mortar" server, or a cloud server? Huh

Ranks will be untouched. However, for at least the first two weeks, /fly and /speed will be disabled so that no one can zip around looting all the generated treasure before the ground-bound folks can get their fair crack at it. Other perks will be fully available from the start.

The idea behind the server store is that it will purchase certain items in order to give a steady source of income that isn't voting. The intent is to associate money with some modicum of work needed to obtain it, give value to items that have traditionally been high in supply but low in value, and establish minimum values of certain valuable items in order to prevent deflation. The expectation is that most trade will still be conducted between players, but the idea is that the server shop's values will influence the prices they set so that they do not simply undercut each other to oblivion because of oversupply.

"Upgrade" may be a bit of a misnomer, but the new world is intended to be put on a fresh server, possibly with the servers connected via bungee cord. We will not be supporting two separate main worlds with their own rule sets, splitting player bases like that helps no one and we already get enough technical difficulties with just one server.

(07-11-2016, 07:44 AM)Arrei Wrote: Ranks will be untouched. However, for at least the first two weeks, /fly and /speed will be disabled so that no one can zip around looting all the generated treasure before the ground-bound folks can get their fair crack at it. Other perks will be fully available from the start.

The idea behind the server store is that it will purchase certain items in order to give a steady source of income that isn't voting. The intent is to associate money with some modicum of work needed to obtain it, give value to items that have traditionally been high in supply but low in value, and establish minimum values of certain valuable items in order to prevent deflation. The expectation is that most trade will still be conducted between players, but the idea is that the server shop's values will influence the prices they set so that they do not simply undercut each other to oblivion because of oversupply.

"Upgrade" may be a bit of a misnomer, but the new world is intended to be put on a fresh server, possibly with the servers connected via bungee cord. We will not be supporting two separate main worlds with their own rule sets, splitting player bases like that helps no one and we already get enough technical difficulties with just one server.

THANK GOD, so happy you aren't adding fly at the start of things that would make it SO unfair.
Have a great day!  Angel

(07-11-2016, 07:44 AM)Arrei Wrote: The intent is to associate money with some modicum of work needed to obtain it ...
Word of the day - Modicum - 
ˈmädəkəm/
noun

1. a small quantity of a particular thing, especially something considered desirable or valuable.
    "his statement had more than a modicum of truth"

[Image: The%20More%20You%20Know.jpg]