Option 2
57.84%
107 57.84%
Total 185 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Official Poll on Reset
Option 1 is the best middle ground for players who want to keep their money and builds and at some point players who want a fresh start will get that too with another world, everyone wins more or less. (For fresh start, burn your crap and go to new world when it's out).

Vote Mr Option 1 for President! Tongue
IGN: Genocore

I've been waiting for this thread to post my opinion.

I'm for a full, immediate reset as we have no clue when new biomes will be added.  It could be a year down the road and it's putting off the current issues on the server.  If there is to be a new world, it should not be contingent on new biomes being added, as the map we're on–from its initiation–has had new biomes added.

Also, the fact we won't get a new map until new biomes are added still does not address the issue of overcrowding of builds on the server to the point where new players cannot find space to build easily.  The people who argued against the /rand command being instituted out of fear of griefers being teleported into their homes are partially responsible for this outcome.  They want to keep their builds, the crowded map, and not have to deal with the consequences; it is selfish at its core.  

This is not the first time a reset has come up either.  I was here when the talks of a reset and a vote occurred, and I'm seeing all the same, tired arguments.  If we had reset before, we wouldn't be having these issues were are currently having, and the people who argued they had builds so the server should not reset wouldn't have furthered their builds more and make it more difficult to let go.  I'm tired of that circular reasoning: I have builds, so we shouldn't reset; we shouldn't reset because I have builds.  That sentiment is circular reasoning and I'm tired of the people using it to further the amount of builds they have to attempt to strengthen that argument.

Not only that, but I'll make my argument again from when a reset was brought up before.  For the sentimentalists, how long do you believe HomeTown will last?  It won't go on forever.  If you believe otherwise, then you have some issues you may want sort out.  Your builds will be gone at the end of the day, so how about giving new people some space to play and make their own memories within this fantastic community.  A community is not based on its build or resources, it's based on its player-base.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(07-09-2016, 07:00 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: I've been waiting for this thread to post my opinion.

I'm for a full, immediate reset as we have no clue when new biomes will be added.  It could be a year down the road and it's putting off the current issues on the server.  If there is to be a new world, it should not be contingent on new biomes being added, as the map we're on–from its initiation–has had new biomes added.

Also, the fact we won't get a new map until new biomes are added still does not address the issue of overcrowding of builds on the server to the point where new players cannot find space to build easily.  The people who argued against the /rand command being instituted out of fear of griefers being teleported into their homes are partially responsible for this outcome.  They want to keep their builds, the crowded map, and not have to deal with the consequences; it is selfish at its core.  

This is not the first time a reset has come up either.  I was here when the talks of a reset and a vote occurred, and I'm seeing all the same, tired arguments.  If we had reset before, we wouldn't be having these issues were are currently having, and the people who argued they had builds so the server should not reset wouldn't have furthered their builds more and make it more difficult to let go.  I'm tired of that circular reasoning: I have builds, so we shouldn't reset; we shouldn't reset because I have builds.  That sentiment is circular reasoning and I'm tired of the people using it to further the amount of builds they have to attempt to strengthen that argument.

Not only that, but I'll make my argument again from when a reset was brought up before.  For the sentimentalists, how long do you believe HomeTown will last?  It won't go on forever.  If you believe otherwise, then you have some issues you may want sort out.  Your builds will be gone at the end of the day, so how about giving new people some space to play and make their own memories within this fantastic community.  A community is not based on its build or resources, it's based on its player-base.

I agree grimm, I have voted option 2: I don't like it either, it hurts, but it is important

The Needs Of The Many, Outweigh The Needs Of The Few. and I have played on Hometown long enough to know this, MANY more will join, and it is up to us to set the brand new world for them The Current Map is old, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8, Nether is only 1.7, End is 1.6, it is wrong to the new players, and adding these recourse worlds wont help, it only makes the issue more obvious. It hurts but I know it is finally time, after 2 other talks this one will be the final

Let us enter Hometown's NEW AGE
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

(07-09-2016, 07:08 AM)The_Epic_Legend Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 07:00 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: I've been waiting for this thread to post my opinion.

I agree grimm, I have voted option 2: I don't like it either, it hurts, but it is important

The Needs Of The Many, Outweigh The Needs Of The Few. and I have played on Hometown long enough to know this, MANY more will join, and it is up to us to set the brand new world for them The Current Map is old, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8, Nether is only 1.7, End is 1.6, it is wrong to the new players, and adding these recourse worlds wont help, it only makes the issue more obvious. It hurts but I know it is finally time, after 2 other talks this one will be the final

YES
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

(07-09-2016, 07:11 AM)Patty Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 07:08 AM)The_Epic_Legend Wrote:

YES
YES
FUCK YOU, IM FROM OAKLAND

(07-09-2016, 06:48 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I'm with option 2. Yes, there is many builds I own, like many others. Yes, my bal ($12788.79) will be gone. However its not like its just one person this affects, is everyone. You're not singled out, this is a thing everyone will be apart of. You can even go to the old world and copy over what you have done. Therefore I'm with Option 2.

i think you have a reasonable point, i mean, you can even start new projects, like what i am planning.
a capital city project!
Big Grin
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

The same could be said about players wanting a reset. Players wanting a reset are as selfish when you consider that they want to reset and screw players who value their builds or money more than they value their own or because they want a fresh start when there are tons of other servers to play on, if they have grown bored, we all get bored from time to time, players should not force their needs onto others who like things the way they are.

This is the first i have heard of any overcrowding. From my perspective there seems like there is a crap ton of room left in the world, any time i go flying out i see tons of empty land. If overcrowding is this big of an issue then surely the world border could see an increase rather than a full on reset, another option is adding option 1 and adding another world to go beside the current one.

Hometown won't go on forever is correct, but who's to say we can't keep things the way they are for as long as we can? The server for the most part is fine, nothing is in dire need of a fix, no bad lag (lag has always been around, nothing new and for most people it's fine from what i can tell) there really is no huge reason to reset, other than the ones you said, eco is debatable, and players wanting a fresh start. I'm sure there are some reasons that i'm missing, but i'm happy to see them too. (Edit: Players looking for new updated world can already play here, it's called res world, they can get all the new blocks they want to. As for mobs, while it's sometimes tricky to get them (what mob is not), rabbits are plentiful, a number players even fly them to you for a small fee, and i think bears are in the main world far as i know)
IGN: Genocore

(07-09-2016, 07:44 AM)Thorsassin Wrote:

The same could be said about players wanting a reset. Players wanting a reset are as selfish when you consider that they want to reset and screw players who value their builds or money more than they value their own or because they want a fresh start when there are tons of other servers to play on, if they have grown bored, we all get bored from time to time, players should not force their needs onto others who like things the way they are.

This is the first i have heard of any overcrowding. From my perspective there seems like there is a crap ton of room left in the world, any time i go flying out i see tons of empty land. If overcrowding is this big of an issue then surely the world border could see an increase rather than a full on reset, another option is adding option 1 and adding another world to go beside the current one.

Hometown won't go on forever is correct, but who's to say we can't keep things the way they are for as long as we can? The server for the most part is fine, nothing is in dire need of a fix, no bad lag (lag has always been around, nothing new and for most people it's fine from what i can tell) there really is no huge reason to reset, other than the ones you said, eco is debatable, and players wanting a fresh start. I'm sure there are some reasons that i'm missing, but i'm happy to see them too. (Edit: Players looking for new updated world can already play here, it's called res world, they can get all the new blocks they want to. As for mobs, while it's sometimes tricky to get them (what mob is not), rabbits are plentiful, a number players even fly them to you for a small fee, and i think bears are in the main world far as i know)

You hagve clearly never been to my newly finished /warp LegendIsland, I love it, and that's the greatest builds ive ever mad,e but even I know its time, its time we finally reset
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

Friendly reminder to cut down your quotes if they're getting too long.

Option 1 sounds far better. Keep your stuff and get access to updated content. Why would anyone who constructed anything big want to lose it all?