Option 2
57.84%
107 57.84%
Total 185 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Official Poll on Reset
It was 14 - 21 with option 2 winning. Now it's 28-22 and option 1 is winning.
-DrBot

(07-09-2016, 07:44 AM)Thorsassin Wrote: The same could be said about players wanting a reset. Players wanting a reset are as selfish when you consider that they want to reset and screw players who value their builds or money more than they value their own or because they want a fresh start when there are tons of other servers to play on, if they have grown bored, we all get bored from time to time, players should not force their needs onto others who like things the way they are.

This is the first i have heard of any overcrowding. From my perspective there seems like there is a crap ton of room left in the world, any time i go flying out i see tons of empty land. If overcrowding is this big of an issue then surely the world border could see an increase rather than a full on reset, another option is adding option 1 and adding another world to go beside the current one.

Hometown won't go on forever is correct, but who's to say we can't keep things the way they are for as long as we can? The server for the most part is fine, nothing is in dire need of a fix, no bad lag (lag has always been around, nothing new and for most people it's fine from what i can tell) there really is no huge reason to reset, other than the ones you said, eco is debatable, and players wanting a fresh start. I'm sure there are some reasons that i'm missing, but i'm happy to see them too. (Edit: Players looking for new updated world can already play here, it's called res world, they can get all the new blocks they want to. As for mobs, while it's sometimes tricky to get them (what mob is not), rabbits are plentiful, a number players even fly them to you for a small fee, and i think bears are in the main world far as i know)
This statement is ignoring what I said.  I said, we need to fix the issues on the server, not a fresh start because players are bored.  The way you're wording your statement makes the whole reset issue a personalized attack on yourself and your resources, when it is not the case.

Were you here for the whole /rand debate?  Server overcrowding is an issue and a personal anecdote does not support the overall statement you're making.

Also, you have to be aware that people have lost their balances, their /homes, and warps recently, right?  In what world is that not a dire issue needing to be addressed?  That was a server-wide error caused by its current state.  Saying otherwise is–to say the least–illogical, or–at its extreme–delusional.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I find myself torn here. Part of me is all for a new slate w/ limited access like option 2 offers. But at the same time part of me wants no restart at all. However, if we are going to be forced into a restart I think option 2 will put everyone on the same level, a true fresh start. I am assuming, given the info above that we can still go to the old world to reference old builds this way (spectator mode)?
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

Friendly reminder that we can see who votes, so no trying to game the system!

[Image: iQMbaMl.gif]

I feel the need to post on here because there are some heavy things involved with an actual reset that aren't listed here.

With a reset we get to redesign the economy so that each and every single one of you who say "but I worked so hard for my money" will be able to put in the same amount of effort and get more. Your money is also currently worthless on the server. Every new player starts with $100, which allows them to buy 70 diamonds. Everyone who thinks that things are fine and dandy, you don't see a problem with that? What about that people can buy a crap ton of diamonds just from voting for 1 day?

We need to fix the economy and stop players from being able to exploit new players and vote daily just to get rich. If we put actual time/work value into the value of money, diamonds will no longer be worthless. Your hard earned items will no longer be worthless. I get that you don't want to lose your stuff, but in the long run everyone who votes to keep their stuff is preventing future new players from being able to earn money fairly, and really just perpetuating the terrible economy that we have on the server. Voting option 1 is akin to voting for what's happened in Greece over the last couple decades: people voting for free stuff, free money, and a ridiculous economy, and not caring at all about what happens to future generations.

TL;DR
In short, if you want a better, more improved server, vote for option 2. If you want to keep a broken server that has been on a steady decline where the only reason why people stay is the community and not the gameplay, choose option 1. If you want money to mean something, choose option 2. If you want tons and tons of useless, worthless money, choose option 1. You will still keep your builds, and keep all your possessions on the old world. But the new world will have a fresh economy that will be ripe with a chance for everyone to have a fair shot at baltop 1 based on the actual work they put in, not because they vote daily or exploit new players (among some other minor improvements).

Vote for the future, not for the past.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

i voted option 1. i feel it is a solid compromise. i dont experience lag, i dont have any problems with the economy. ive managed to find everything ive ever needed. i dont even use the resource world. i am far enough from spawn, in 2 years i think ive seen one person randomly show up at my place and that was this week. there is so much space around me and beyond me. if people are over crowded, explore the map. theres so much space.

option 1 gives both sides something. is it so bad to let us have something?

(07-09-2016, 08:26 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 07:44 AM)Thorsassin Wrote: The same could be said about players wanting a reset. Players wanting a reset are as selfish when you consider that they want to reset and screw players who value their builds or money more than they value their own or because they want a fresh start when there are tons of other servers to play on, if they have grown bored, we all get bored from time to time, players should not force their needs onto others who like things the way they are.

This is the first i have heard of any overcrowding. From my perspective there seems like there is a crap ton of room left in the world, any time i go flying out i see tons of empty land. If overcrowding is this big of an issue then surely the world border could see an increase rather than a full on reset, another option is adding option 1 and adding another world to go beside the current one.

Hometown won't go on forever is correct, but who's to say we can't keep things the way they are for as long as we can? The server for the most part is fine, nothing is in dire need of a fix, no bad lag (lag has always been around, nothing new and for most people it's fine from what i can tell) there really is no huge reason to reset, other than the ones you said, eco is debatable, and players wanting a fresh start. I'm sure there are some reasons that i'm missing, but i'm happy to see them too. (Edit: Players looking for new updated world can already play here, it's called res world, they can get all the new blocks they want to. As for mobs, while it's sometimes tricky to get them (what mob is not), rabbits are plentiful, a number players even fly them to you for a small fee, and i think bears are in the main world far as i know)
This statement is ignoring what I said.  I said, we need to fix the issues on the server, not a fresh start because players are bored.  The way you're wording your statement makes the whole reset issue a personalized attack on yourself and your resources, when it is not the case.

Were you here for the whole /rand debate?  Server overcrowding is an issue and a personal anecdote does not support the overall statement you're making.

Also, you have to be aware that people have lost their balances, their /homes, and warps recently, right?  In what world is that not a dire issue needing to be addressed?  That was a server-wide error caused by its current state.  Saying otherwise is–to say the least–illogical, or–at its extreme–delusional.

I'm speaking from what i read the past week in the many reset threads, not all directly at you, my bad for replying to the full quote. But i did have parts that i wanted to reply to, like the overcrowding. No i was not here for that debate, i'm interested to see what supports the overcrowding issue though. But for arguments sake, lets say there is, then why do a full reset, when there are less extreme options like some of the ones i have already said.

Yes, i'm one of those people that lost their homes and even balance, but lucky enough for me, balance was pretty much known so was easy to get back. My homes not so much, must have lost around 50+ of them, not all were important, and i did get my main home, old home, farm and a few others. I agree it is a dire issue, but one where the entire server needs to be reset because of it? From what i can tell, it didn't affect the majority of players, and for some players like myself we got some of our stuff back, seems for lack of better word contained to a small few.
IGN: Genocore

(07-09-2016, 08:40 AM)Saiyaka Wrote: I feel the need to post on here because there are some heavy things involved with an actual reset that aren't listed here.

With a reset we get to redesign the economy so that each and every single one of you who say "but I worked so hard for my money" will be able to put in the same amount of effort and get more. Your money is also currently worthless on the server. Every new player starts with $100, which allows them to buy 70 diamonds. Everyone who thinks that things are fine and dandy, you don't see a problem with that? What about that people can buy a crap ton of diamonds just from voting for 1 day?

We need to fix the economy and stop players from being able to exploit new players and vote daily just to get rich. If we put actual time/work value into the value of money, diamonds will no longer be worthless. Your hard earned items will no longer be worthless. I get that you don't want to lose your stuff, but in the long run everyone who votes to keep their stuff is preventing future new players from being able to earn money fairly, and really just perpetuating the terrible economy that we have on the server. Voting option 1 is akin to voting for what's happened in Greece over the last couple decades: people voting for free stuff, free money, and a ridiculous economy, and not caring at all about what happens to future generations.

TL;DR
In short, if you want a better, more improved server, vote for option 2. If you want to keep a broken server that has been on a steady decline where the only reason why people stay is the community and not the gameplay, choose option 1. If you want money to mean something, choose option 2. If you want tons and tons of useless, worthless money, choose option 1. You will still keep your builds, and keep all your possessions on the old world. But the new world will have a fresh economy that will be ripe with a chance for everyone to have a fair shot at baltop 1 based on the actual work they put in, not because they vote daily or exploit new players (among some other minor improvements).

Vote for the future, not for the past.

I agree with you sai. We should vote for option 2. The newer players deserve a fair shot on climbing the baltop and find a nice place to build. Our world is over crowded with builds and we need a clean state. Guys let's vote for option 2 for future players.
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

Y'all gotta' be sure of your decision. This is the biggest thing that's happened to HomeTown since it opened. Pick wisely and again, I hope we get the best possible outcome from this.
-Chicky

A total reset would be the best, imo. I've huge builds on the server myself, but grow tired of the same map and the same builds. Would rather come back after a break and start anew.
[Image: tWuSvOo.gif]
Miniwoop-woop! 
Check out Warp Bshop!