Option 2
57.84%
107 57.84%
Total 185 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Official Poll on Reset
Knowing that we'll be able to fly does make me down for Option 2 tho, regardless of any personal qualms I have. Really, all I want to be able to do is replicate some of my builds in the new world, which this would allow me to do

i wonder if theres any thought given to the number of voters who have only been here a month and have nothing to lose.

(07-09-2016, 10:58 AM)Patty Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 10:51 AM)Donkey Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 06:31 AM)Patty Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 06:30 AM)LynxThe1st Wrote: OPTION 2
pls

plsplspls yes

I love the idea of being able to see the old world in the 2nd one I don't like the shared inventory's in the 1st one

(07-09-2016, 06:48 AM)The_4thdoctor Wrote: i've hoped for option 2, i allready have plans for the new world if that one gets chosen

same cant wait ot make a base with Cactus Patty and Guy :3
donkles ily

ily too we will make a v good base
Have a great day!  Angel

(07-09-2016, 05:55 AM)frost  OPTION 1 FOR xxxWARMECHxxx Wrote: ***Even if you voted, read this!***
Due to cheaters, we've reset the poll. Please read the following rules before voting.

Attempting to cheat this poll will result in your vote being thrown away and a forum ban. Add your minecraft username to your forum bio as a form of voter authentication. Your vote will not be counted at the end if you don't.

This will be an official community poll on the future of the server.

OPTION 1 : Keep everything as it is now (builds, money, etc). A fresh world will be added alongside the current world once mojang releases an update with new biomes. Nothing will be reset and the future new world will have connected inventories and balances.

OPTION 2: Reset all balances and the entire economy, introduce a server shop that will buy basic things (wood, stone, etc.), and allow limited access to the old world. The old world will have no entities at all (mobs/animals) and you will be forced in adventure mode (no building, flying allowed). An exception will be for current experienced+ who will be allowed to switch to creative mode in the old world. A new world will be generated and you will not be able to carry any builds, balances, or inventories to the new world. The new and old worlds will be completely separate. The changes mentioned here will be further explained if this is the right option.

What will not be changing regardless of the outcome : view/render distance, mob spawn numbers, ranks

I'm new to the server but in my short time I've enjoyed meeting everybody and built a gigantic tabletop city in the sky. I don't want to lose the old world, despite anticipating the new one. That's why I choose #1. So I can keep the world and city I built, as well as journey fourth unto a new one.

(07-09-2016, 12:01 PM)gamelord109115 Wrote: I'm new to the server but in my short time I've enjoyed meeting everybody and built a gigantic tabletop city in the sky. I don't want to lose the old world, despite anticipating the new one. That's why I choose #1. So I can keep the world and city I built, as well as journey fourth unto a new one.

You wouldn't lose the old world at all. We'd still keep it, and people will still be able to visit it and build in it. With option 2, you get to keep your builds and have fun playing with a working economy rather than a broken one.

(07-09-2016, 11:02 AM)itsynibbles Wrote: i wonder if theres any thought given to the number of voters who have only been here a month and have nothing to lose.

Most of the people voting for a reset are old members who see how broken the server is and know that they need to give up their stuff to fix it for everyone to enjoy. A lot of people who have said no are people who just started and are therefore more attached to their stuff.

In the long run though, we can't keep avoiding a reset like this. There are major issues that need to be fixed, otherwise our server will die. If we aren't willing to give up our stuff, then we're willing to let the server continue down a bad path.

(07-09-2016, 10:48 AM)itsynibbles Wrote: i still dont understand why people cant bring builds.  it is not like its a competition.  maybe set a benchmark for builds that are epic enough to warrant bringing?  case by case.  make it an application process to weed out people who dont really care at all?  surely theres something that can be done?  take all my cash, take all my diamonds, my cats, everything.  just let me bring my build.

Trust me, the reset plan is the best we have, and we've been discussing for years about it. We can't bring builds over because if I want to bring my 17,000 diamonds in block and build form, then I'd be able to crash the new economy before it even starts. For the new eco to work, it has to be a clean slate for everyone involved.

The other idea was to worldguard each new build, but the sheer amount of time that would take would be completely unrealistic. If we only chose specific builds, it would also be unfair. Since we get to keep and even edit our old builds, people will still be able to experience them and even continue to build on them. They just wont have access to the new economy on the old world.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

ok so why cant i bring my build? ill even do it myself so it does not cost anyone time. i know how to world edit, i just need the power to do so. i WANT the server to be healthy, but i can not understand why bringing my build is going to ruin anyones day. it can be done in small sections, limiting lag impact. i can pick a nice quiet spot far away from spawn.

dont paint me as a person who is selfish and desires to keep everyone in the dark ages for my own sake. i firmly believe it is totally feasible to allow builds to come along. like i said in a previous post, have a process to qualify what should be able to come.

(07-09-2016, 12:27 PM)itsynibbles Wrote: ok so why cant i bring my build?  ill even do it myself so it does not cost anyone time.  i know how to world edit, i just need the power to do so.  i WANT the server to be healthy, but i can not understand why bringing my build is going to ruin anyones day.  it can be done in small sections, limiting lag impact.  i can pick a nice quiet spot far away from spawn.  

dont paint me as a person who is selfish and desires to keep everyone in the dark ages for my own sake.  i firmly believe it is totally feasible to allow builds to come along.  like i said in a previous post, have a process to qualify what should be able to come.

Simply put, we can't be unfair. If we just let you do it, we'd have to let everyone else do it to. Next thing you know, we're back to square one.

You aren't the only one with major builds. Go to /warp torheim, that's the build I started over 2 and a half years ago. It's still not even done, and I've spent countless hours painstakingly placing every block of its complicated architectural designs. Do I want to keep it? Yes. That's why I'm all for keeping the old world and letting people still play on it. But for us to not die as a server we have to be able to let go of the eco.

It sucks, but if we had fixed the eco the other two times that we've brought a reset up, then we wouldn't entirely be in this position. We keep putting it off, and the longer we put it off, the more that will have to be reset. Don't you see that resetting here and now is better in the long run?

i also said in a previous post, make it an application process to qualify builds.  weed out the people who really dont care when it comes down to it.  make it like a ban appeal.  its WORTH bringing builds.

look at this:  http://imgur.com/a/352PD

ill even commit to being at the back of the line.  let other people bring builds that are deemed worthy first.  ill wait.

(07-09-2016, 12:35 PM)itsynibbles Wrote: i also said in a previous post, make it an application process to qualify builds.  weed out the people who really dont care when it comes down to it.  make it like a ban appeal.  its WORTH bringing builds.

look at this:  http://imgur.com/a/352PD

ill even commit to being at the back of the line.  let other people bring builds that are deemed worthy first.  ill wait.

I understand your pain, I really do. That's an amazing build and it looks like it took an insane amount of work to make. But we can't just have a selective process like that. Who are we to choose who gets to move their build and who doesn't? Someone's dirt shack might hold just as much value to them as your build does to you. It's all relative, and it would be extremely unfair to everyone else.

I would love to bring my build over too but it's just not feasible without being unfair to a lot of people. And I get that you might argue that it's unfair to you, but it isn't because we're all giving everything up as well. It's not like we're deleting your builds. You'll still get to see all your hard work.