Option 2
57.84%
107 57.84%
Total 185 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Official Poll on Reset
(07-09-2016, 10:57 PM)itsynibbles Wrote: regarding what  grim wolfe said about players donating to gain an advantage.  on this point, can i 'donate' 500 real life US dollars to have my build transferred to the new map?  i am actually prepared to do this.

The options in the donation shops are as follows, you may donate to earn: in-game money, ranks, or just because you're kind-hearted, generous person.  I would not even entertain the idea of being bribed to WorldEdit a build over.  if you agree so much with Jelly, then you must also agree with that being a gross affront to fairness by Jelly's statement against VIP-rank perms causing an unfair advantage based on real-world, monetary resources.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

no, i do not see how having my build planted affects anyone else. do you think the idea is i sell off my build block by block or something?

(07-09-2016, 11:07 PM)itsynibbles Wrote: no, i do not see how having my build planted affects anyone else.  do you think the idea is i sell off my build block by block or something?

No one here suggested you would sell any part of your build.  That being said, we're not transplanting builds because–not only would it be time-costly–it is easily abused.  If we let 1 person bring a build over, who's to say they won't load up their chests with as much stuff as possible and gain an even bigger advantage over players.  I mean, balances would be wiped, so it would make sense to go out and buy as many valuable resources as possible and load up a build.  Essentially, a build would become a treasure chest, which we cannot allow. 

Even without that abuse-potential, if we let one person take a build over then we must allow all to take a build over.  If you cannot see that, then you're being willfully ignorant.

In any case, Option 1 or Option 2, you would not be losing your build anyway; it would just be in a different state.  I do not see what you're complaining so much about.  If this is just about your build, then why worry where it's at unless there's another reason behind it.

HomeTown Rulebook

To Grimm, I have suggested option 1 as an alternative to 2 in a separate thread before the options are even offered. I am sure not every server has the same specs, but not every server have buggy redstone or terrible mob spawn as we do. I have also suggested numerous times to have a thread in announcement detailing the server setting changes which had not been done. I asked to have the end cleaned out, I made a list of all the end farms and have frost delete the ones inactive. I don't claim to know how minecraft will behave in servers but I do claim to know bit on the game mechanics itself, and if there's a discrepancy I expect info from staff. I have point out some problems that have not been answered satisfactorily, or perhaps the staff community is not transparent enough for me to witness what will be done. I would not have complained if I don't think there are alternatives.

YodaBadger

Option 2!!!

(07-09-2016, 11:21 PM)_JELLy__ Wrote: To Grimm, I have suggested option 1 as an alternative to 2 in a separate thread before the options are even offered. I am sure not every server has the same specs, but not every server have buggy redstone or terrible mob spawn as we do. I have also suggested numerous times to have a thread in announcement detailing the server setting changes which had not been done. I asked to have the end cleaned out, I made a list of all the end farms and have frost delete the ones inactive. I don't claim to  know how minecraft will behave in servers but I do claim to know bit on the game mechanics itself, and if there's a discrepancy I expect info from staff. I have point out some problems that have not been answered satisfactorily, or perhaps the staff community is not transparent enough for me to witness what will be done.  I would not have complained if I don't think there are alternatives.

And I've been arguing that Option 1 is bogus and Option 2 is the best for the server overall.  In other words, I hold Option 2 to be the only true option that has the server's issues being met with an immediate, effective solution. 

You're still not offering any other solutions to my argument: what alternatives are there to Option 2?

HomeTown Rulebook

Also to Sai, Could the "Comprehensive Plan" you talked about be posted on the announcement thread? You have seen in the past that any major changes made had been through a period of instability with player suggestions and outcries. Example as the vote for rank system, with various changes to the rank privileges and promotions. Sure staff have great foresight most of the time, but only players playing can tell if something stands the test of time. View it as a "Beta" of sorts, before something really goes awry. Also I would really like to see what staff have to bring to the table.

Grimm, i don't think you genuinely see option 1 as an alternative to option 2. If you gave me option 2 without 1, I would suggest 1 as an alternative. Suppose I hold true that Jesus is the only God (which I don't, just an example) does that invalidate, for everyone, any other religion?

after reading what you just typed grim wolfe, it has become apparent you have not been reading my posts in full. i have made suggestions regarding how builds could be brought over, who could do it, when. i have addressed it. so no, grim wolf. admin. i am NOT willfully ignorant. you are ignoring all my posts and concentrating on saying no.

i have also gone over multiple times why having my build in a virtually frozen world is in no way appealing. another reason behind it? are you accusing me of something? it isnt just going to be in a different state. ill repeat what i have said. no villagers to trade with. no mobs, functioning spawners, maintaining tools. creative mode is just wrong, considering it was a survival effort.

if you think my intention was to hide diamond blocks in my walls, ugh.. i dont even want to respond to that really. you could send a team in to punch holes into everything and remove any block deemed valuable.

is there any reason why you are coming across as adversarial?

(07-09-2016, 11:33 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: And I've been arguing that Option 1 is bogus and Option 2 is the best for the server overall.  In other words, I hold Option 2 to be the only true option that has the server's issues being met with an immediate, effective solution. 

You're still not offering any other solutions to my argument: what alternatives are there to Option 2?
(07-09-2016, 11:34 PM)_JELLy__ Wrote: Grimm, i don't think you genuinely see option 1 as an alternative to option 2. If you gave me option 2 without 1, I would suggest 1 as an alternative. Suppose I hold true that Jesus is the only God (which I don't, just an example) does that invalidate, for everyone, any other religion?

- You're not comprehending me or are ignoring what I am saying.  I'm saying Option 1 does not have the server's needs in mind.  Option 1 is quite literally sit down and wait for Mojang to release a biome update–which may be year or more down the road–and let the issues we've been having fester.  Option 2 is saying, let's just fix our server and be done with it; no more waiting.

Also, cool logical fallacy bringing God into this.  Option 2 is validated on objective beliefs; religion holds no measure.  The analogy you're using to describe these two situations are not comparable and just weaken your stance.

I'll ask one last time: what alternatives are you offering to Option 2?  Seriously, there are immediate, server issues that Option 1 does not address nor are you offering any solution for the issues though you support Option 1.

(07-09-2016, 11:41 PM)itsynibbles Wrote: after reading what you just typed grim wolfe, it has become apparent you have not been reading my posts in full.  i have made suggestions regarding how builds could be brought over, who could do it, when.  i have addressed it.  so no, grim wolf.  admin.  i am NOT willfully ignorant.  you are ignoring all my posts and concentrating on saying no.

i have also gone over multiple times why having my build in a virtually frozen world is in no way appealing.  another reason behind it?  are you accusing me of something?  it isnt just going to be in a different state.  ill repeat what i have said.  no villagers to trade with.  no mobs, functioning spawners, maintaining tools.  creative mode is just wrong, considering it was a survival effort.  

if you think my intention was to hide diamond blocks in my walls, ugh.. i dont even want to respond to that really.  you could send a team in to punch holes into everything and remove any block deemed valuable.  

is there any reason why you are coming across as adversarial?

- Which the staff-team has declared it would not happen.  You even tried entertaining the idea of bribing your way to allow your build to be transferred over.  You're ignoring staff, so I will make it clear for you: No, means no; you're build will not be transferred over.  When will you accept that fact and move on?

- I never said you specifically would do that, but it is a concern that will not be ignored.  Like I said–and I'll repeat myself–if we let 1 person bring a build over, we must allow all to bring a build over.  Because of that fact, it would be naïve to believe someone would not try to abuse that for reasons I've already stated.

- I was here when the talks of the reset first started years ago and it was shot-down in a poll by pretty much the same people voting Option 1.  I will not let anti-reset sentiments go unchallenged when the server's well-fare is on the line.

HomeTown Rulebook

So staying the same is not a true option? Why don't you modify the poll to simply how many people want resets? Or have the Brits only record how many people want to exit EU. Or only count how many people vote for Romney. I will wait for another update by Mojang. My other offer is a gradual cleanup of the server where players identify old abandoned builds or farms, pulsing redstone, or anything that have no apparent purpose and gradually make staff roll it back. That was exactly what I did with end farms. My solution would be patching the server up instead of resetting it, that is part of option 1. I do not think a reset is necessary to address the issues.